IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Bent frame on is300?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-13, 12:44 PM
Lextasy20
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Bent frame on is300?

Hello everyone! Sadly, about a week ago i got into a car accident. Someone decided to pull out in front of me without looking. They ended up braking, and i locked the brakes up but still slid into them. The impact wasn't hard, and only left a quarter sized hole and a small dent on their rear bumper. Although, my poor lexy got the brunt of it. The point of impact was my drivers side, and her passenger rear bumper. The headlight on my side is pushed back, grille is broke, hood is bent in, and plastic pieces around the grille are broke. After we done paperwork, i was able to drive her back home (although i really didn't want too).

She ran like she normally did, but it did smell like something was burning, i'm guessing wire. The headlights still worked, fog lights didn't. Got her towed the body shop at Lexus and waited on the insurance guy to go out and price the car. Got a call and was told the frame was bent, and the motor was pushed back, resulting in a "total loss", and them giving me a price to sell the car to them. Im very attached, and do NOT want to sell her. I have a gut feeling the frame is not bent as we didn't hit hard at all. How much force does it take to bend the frame? Not exactly sure of how fast i was going when i locked the brakes up. Is there any other way to see if the frame is bent? What issues will come from a -slightly- bent frame? The head mechanic also said that is300's where known to have alighnment issue's, could they have got what that looks like and mixed it up with a bent frame?

Sorry for such a long post. Just irritated at the Mercedes owner that clearly isn't a good driver, and her being able to keep her's and me going through all of this.
Old 06-10-13, 01:17 PM
paulo
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lextasy20
Hello everyone! Sadly, about a week ago i got into a car accident. Someone decided to pull out in front of me without looking. They ended up braking, and i locked the brakes up but still slid into them. The impact wasn't hard, and only left a quarter sized hole and a small dent on their rear bumper. Although, my poor lexy got the brunt of it. The point of impact was my drivers side, and her passenger rear bumper. The headlight on my side is pushed back, grille is broke, hood is bent in, and plastic pieces around the grille are broke. After we done paperwork, i was able to drive her back home (although i really didn't want too).

She ran like she normally did, but it did smell like something was burning, i'm guessing wire. The headlights still worked, fog lights didn't. Got her towed the body shop at Lexus and waited on the insurance guy to go out and price the car. Got a call and was told the frame was bent, and the motor was pushed back, resulting in a "total loss", and them giving me a price to sell the car to them. Im very attached, and do NOT want to sell her. I have a gut feeling the frame is not bent as we didn't hit hard at all. How much force does it take to bend the frame? Not exactly sure of how fast i was going when i locked the brakes up. Is there any other way to see if the frame is bent? What issues will come from a -slightly- bent frame? The head mechanic also said that is300's where known to have alighnment issue's, could they have got what that looks like and mixed it up with a bent frame?

Sorry for such a long post. Just irritated at the Mercedes owner that clearly isn't a good driver, and her being able to keep her's and me going through all of this.
i got idea for you , please don't listen to them as they busy telling you big story , because they want to buy the car first thing .
2nd i had last control on my 1000hp lexus due wet road and i went skating till the pavement then it took airborne to other side of road check the front rim below , so basically most of suspension parts was bend .....just replace all parts and today i have done 207mph just over 1.4km and car go straight even i was only holding with one hand .