Annoying sounds when braking/turning

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-13, 11:05 AM
TheDane
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Annoying sounds when braking/turning

Hi,

My Sportcross says these annoying sort of clicking sounds from the front, perhaps only right side, when braking and turning at the same time.. Some times only when braking. I have already changed out the following:

- Front shocks (made one sound go away)
- Lower ball joint for both sides
- Front stabilizer link for both sides
- Repaired the front brake calipers with a Budweg repair kit (nothings changed)
- Today I changed the upper suspension arms for both sides (feels more responsive, but the sound is still there )

I think next step is the lower suspension arms, and have already ordered the bushings for this (I think it might be these that can make a sound as the arms looks fine).
At the other hand I think it could be the brake calipers that really is completely done and makes sounds.

So now, what are your experiences? Other things that can cause these annoying sounds?
Old 04-21-13, 06:44 PM
rayy117
Lead Lap

if its coming from the brakes, its normal. Our cars are made with the "Floating caliper" system. Im not sure how to get rid of it but I believe this is the reason why u hear the noise. I panicked when i first got my car as well and googled it and it sent me to CL about floating caliper. The only other reason why mine would make noise is my driver side caliper bracket, which one of the bolts stripped. Switched out my brakes 2 years ago and never had a problem since.
Old 04-22-13, 06:19 AM
TheDane
Driver

At the brakes, I have changed the rotors, pads and installed the shim kit when it was missing at the time I bought the car. It really drives me crazy
I am just so much thinking it has to be the suspension because it happens when I brake at very low speeds and turning at the same time..
Did you change your calipers when you say you changed your brakes?
Old 04-22-13, 04:59 PM
rayy117
Lead Lap

no i did not change it. i only got the rotors cut and new oem pads. does it make the sound when you hit small bumps/cracks?
Old 04-23-13, 12:44 PM
TheDane
Driver

Originally Posted by rayy117
no i did not change it. i only got the rotors cut and new oem pads. does it make the sound when you hit small bumps/cracks?
Arh okay :-)
No, it doesn't sat a thing when going over bumps.. It once sit, but that was the shock absorbers :-)
Old 04-24-13, 05:02 PM
RyanHay16
Driver School Candidate

on the sway bar you got your link ends but you also got your bushings. mine was doin it when i hit a bump, hitting the brakes and turning so i put new sway bar link ends on and it all went away except when i turn and brake also. but its possible it could be the bushings.

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
Old 04-25-13, 07:21 AM
TheDane
Driver

I hope it is
Old 04-29-13, 12:50 AM
TheDane
Driver

Well, I think I found out what made those noises.. It might be one of the sliding pins in the front brake caliper. I disassembled the brakes yesterday and found out that one of the pins were rusty and didn't slide as good as the other one. So I removed the rust and lubed it with some grease for the moving parts in a brake, and it hasn't said a thing since! But I think I might have to buy new ones instead, so i'm sure that it won't start again