IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

new owner.

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-12, 03:38 PM
jsturm1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new owner.

hey everyone. let me start by saying i have searched for this car for over 3 months... i finally broke down and went to a car dealer and said find me a manual lexus. so they found me a red is300 only thing is it wont be delivered till next week.. 123k miles black leather exhaust springs..(i used to be a vw guy) so the car will be low the week i get it.. well when i get it i will post pictures. but i would just like to say hello to everyone input and advise will be taken
Old 10-27-12, 08:39 PM
sLicK724
Driver School Candidate

Smile

let me be the first to say....CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I just recently purchased mine 3 weeks ago through a friend.

88,000 km, white
Old 10-28-12, 07:51 AM
jsturm1
Driver School Candidate

Ahh I wanted white or the grey but red looks amazing cleaned. It took forever to find someone who didn't want 15k with 150k on it lol
Old 10-28-12, 08:17 AM
SuthrnGent
Lead Lap

Welcome aboard and congrats on your purchase! Seems like I've seen a few VW guys getting into the IS scene lately. Good luck with your build
Old 10-28-12, 09:47 AM
jsturm1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SuthrnGent
Welcome aboard and congrats on your purchase! Seems like I've seen a few VW guys getting into the IS scene lately. Good luck with your build
ha around me seems only people in the car scene drive vw. i just love the look of the car platform and no more fwd!(: but thanks ill start up a build thread. i do have some nice plans!
Old 10-28-12, 02:02 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

congrats and welcome to clublex
Old 10-28-12, 09:59 PM
jsturm1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jadu
congrats and welcome to clublex
thanks man. Any advice from you guys?
Old 10-29-12, 01:59 PM
sLicK724
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jsturm1
Ahh I wanted white or the grey but red looks amazing cleaned. It took forever to find someone who didn't want 15k with 150k on it lol
i lucked out and got mine for $14,000.

mine came kitted with c-west replica. i think stock looks amazing too, thats usually the reason most people get it for. how clean do you want to keep it?

Last edited by sLicK724; 10-29-12 at 02:06 PM. Reason: didnt include quoted text
Old 10-29-12, 06:27 PM
jsturm1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sLicK724
i lucked out and got mine for $14,000.

mine came kitted with c-west replica. i think stock looks amazing too, thats usually the reason most people get it for. how clean do you want to keep it?
i try and keep all my cars looking clean. i really want a lip kit but to me kinda seems a little much without a full kit because looks front heavy. love the look stock but when slammed needs a little extra but i just hate most of the side skirts and rear lips.. i like the c west front for sure. but im not a fan of how biggg the sides are i just want a little slimmer sides.. gawd..
Old 10-31-12, 05:23 PM
ais300c
Pole Position

Welcome to cl, getting a modest front lip always looks classy on these cars, enjoy it it's a great vehicle to own
Old 11-01-12, 12:27 PM
jsturm1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ais300c
Welcome to cl, getting a modest front lip always looks classy on these cars, enjoy it it's a great vehicle to own
thanks man. i will most enjoy the heated seats in the winter. since i have been dailying a 09 tsx with black leather and heated seats i really come to enjoy them.
Old 11-03-12, 01:15 AM
emojens
Driver School Candidate

I am also new to CL and just bought a bluestone metallic IS300 with 69k miles last week. I love the car, but not the color.. yet. I have the polished stock rims, but was wondering what color/style would look good with the bsm color. Any ideas?
Old 11-04-12, 07:47 AM
jsturm1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by emojens
I am also new to CL and just bought a bluestone metallic IS300 with 69k miles last week. I love the car, but not the color.. yet. I have the polished stock rims, but was wondering what color/style would look good with the bsm color. Any ideas?
play around in photoshop. polished is good on any car. im more than likly going to be going with fully polished wheels. but i may do white they are just a b***** to keep clean
Old 11-18-12, 08:13 AM
jsturm1
Driver School Candidate

okay guys picked up my car last saturday. already had a little problem just coolant leak. no big deal. already fixed. also got a borla cat back on it. and just a cheap intake for now. need a srt one. has ibach lower springs. which i want coilover still. butt the car came from cali, when the dealer looked it over he said his best mechanic had looked into it and said that it has a good bit of money in it. such as internal engine parts. so questions would be. any way for me to realy tell without pulling the head? i wanna know what i have so maybe i can just turbo it without swapping it.
Old 11-20-12, 08:52 PM
tjmhillz
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome and congrats on your purchase. As far as what internals you have and everythign you wont know until you take everything apart. You can still turbo the motor even if it doesnt have any upgraded internals. You will be safe on stock internals on low boost.

Quick Reply: new owner.