IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model
View Poll Results: To mod or not to mod??
Yes
48.84%
NO
51.16%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Would you mod a Leased vehicle?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-02, 09:40 PM
SDuquette
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would you mod a Leased vehicle?

what do you think, and what does lexus think?? Would they **** if you brought your leased car in for service and it had a PLP SC on it??
Old 10-11-02, 09:31 AM
KayGee
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Re: Would you mod a Leased vehicle?

Originally posted by SDuquette
what do you think, and what does lexus think?? Would they **** if you brought your leased car in for service and it had a PLP SC on it??
I don't think that service would be a problem but it will be a big problem when it is time to turn it in. I am not sure that anything beyond wheels is a good idea for a leased car.
Old 10-11-02, 01:25 PM
baadhabit
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah you probably have to take off the s/c and other mods before returning the car. from what ive read on the PLP post the s/c mod is not a permanent mod to the car so you could return it to stock if needed.
Old 10-11-02, 04:36 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

yeah it is a pain to do... but then again I have aleased IS300 with a turbo/NOS/full body kit/fender flares/and a twin turbo shortblock in it..
Old 10-12-02, 12:31 AM
SDuquette
Lexus Test Driver

really emo, I'm taking a good guess you plan on keeping it?? Really, that no irreversible mods really sound appealing about the PLP kit, not to mention I like powerdyne charges, and the kit looks sweet in all black like that, they just need do design some sort of air filter cover to make it look more complete. mostly I'm talking about some minor boltons, exhaust, maybe some springs, no bodykit nothing that couldn't be returned, I was just worrying that the instant they saw mods if they would kill me on the return, IF i return it.
Old 10-12-02, 12:24 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

tint would be alright on the car. i dont know how much they would care when you brought it back. unless is it something big. but things that you can just take off, would be alright i would think.
Old 10-12-02, 09:45 PM
JIM BLUE IS300
Driver School Candidate

I didnt think you could mod a Lease ... I thought it would void your warranty if you did anything to the engine.........
Old 10-15-02, 01:08 PM
cong28
Lead Lap

My GS300 is a lease and look at all the mods I've put on it in one year. When I take it to the dealer for service, it is always covered by warranty. The dealer don't talk ***** about me voiding the warranty, they just admire my car and take good care of it. By the way, it also depends on your dealer. Some dealers can be jack-asses!!!
Old 10-16-02, 04:27 AM
bcc002
Pole Position

whats nice is that lexus has awsome customer service. they know when someone is trying to **** them, and they probably wont take the easy out and void the warranty becuase of an intake. I have an intake and an exhaust and nobody even noticed let alone cared when i went in for last service. so yes, i'd mod a leased car.
Old 10-16-02, 11:49 PM
SDuquette
Lexus Test Driver

I think I'm convinced, first mod will be springs, what is the best spring for sock shocks?? In all my hondas I've liked the nuespeed race, I rode in a type-r with H&R's, and everyone seems to love tein. I don't care if the ride is a little rougher, looking for a nice stiff spring, drop height can be whatever, I just want it to perform well
Old 10-17-02, 10:51 PM
noobie
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by SDuquette
I think I'm convinced, first mod will be springs, what is the best spring for sock shocks?? In all my hondas I've liked the nuespeed race, I rode in a type-r with H&R's, and everyone seems to love tein. I don't care if the ride is a little rougher, looking for a nice stiff spring, drop height can be whatever, I just want it to perform well
go with tein hts...theyll be exactly what your lookin for...but right now theyre on backorder
Old 07-03-03, 01:44 AM
mangina
Driver School Candidate

only if the parts can transfer over to the next car (i.e stereo and maybe rims?)
Old 07-03-03, 05:03 AM
B-Lexusfan
Rookie

Modding a leased car?? BAhhh!

Save your money. Put down 6K plus and just buy the car. At the end of the lease you're going to end up paying 35+K for the car if you do the buy-out. Leasing a car is pointless unless you're the kind of person who never wants to own a car.

If you don't have the cash for a down just buy a Honda. In the long run it will save your back pocket much stress.....
Old 07-03-03, 05:13 AM
SDuquette
Lexus Test Driver

The lease was just the quickest way out of a truck I broke, rigged it up and traded it in the same day, nt to mention it lost it's *** in value. Even at the end if I buy it out, it's only like $2k more that if I had financed, I might do that or just walk away clean. At the time it was better than replacing the 4wd system on a pickup with no warranty. maybe I'll get someting a little better next time though since I'm making like 4 times what I did when I bought the car, kinda hard to get much when you make $7.50 an hour ya know
Old 07-07-03, 09:26 AM
TidaLXWaVe
Driver

probably very light modifications to the car..springs at most..or maybe intake..but other than that..wouldnt put on anything that requires more than 2 hours to install/take off...

what the dealership doesnt know wont hurt you =)

Quick Reply: Would you mod a Leased vehicle?