IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Latest Pics & Projects Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes coming...

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-11, 04:48 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

wow this looks beastly!!
Old 10-10-11, 11:17 AM
edgy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks guys .. .as for the link to the roof spoiler, i have no idea any more, i bought it over a year ago....
Old 10-10-11, 12:50 PM
edgy
Lead Lap

...And semi-sadly,... the SEMA project has been shelved,... I pulled the Plug this weekend.

....... for those of you out there who would appreciate a sponsor approach to use your car... remember when approached by any one offering to help sponsor your car get sponsors for your car and provide parts. Get everything in writing as soon as possible so you both are perfectly clear on what you get for offering your car , time and money in the end, and what they want in return.

What happened?.

1. Marketing Co. initially said they would cover cost of painting and mounting the kit on my car ...i asked this question clearly and explained when they 1st approached me that:
A- i was happy with my car and not interested in making changes...
B- if they really liked my car & wanted to use my car to promote their kit then as long as i didnt have any personal up front cash expenses to get rolling than i was interested. I was told clearly that they would handle getting the parts on my car and painted etc.

I asked again to be clear because my car is us spec & the parts are JDM spec and there are things that will have to be custom fitted to work especially as i am boosted and intercooled and these parts do not fit cleanly under shorty JDM spec bumpers... No problem it was all covered i was told....

Then after the car is at the shop and in pieces... they tell me I must cover the cost of fitting and painting...? WTF? I never agreed to that and i never would have from the start. MY consideration was providing a kick ***, well maintained and already fully custom show winning car that they could use to help promote their kit... the value in my car vs others is significant as it is so comprehensively modded already and has a long history of winning car shows since 2006, it will naturally show better, and attract more attention than a stock/oem car with WAY less modding and development already completed .

Plus commit to attend a variety of shows for a year as well as making the car avail immediately for SEMA, I cover my own costs to attend SEMA as well as 6-8 more shows thru 2012 across Cali, possibly Nevada. basically be a solid rep for the company and their products.....

A 'free' body kit that I dont really like and i have to pay to mount it properly etc....AND commit to shows for a year +-? is just not worth it... to me...at least. Especially to drive around an IS300 that looks like an ISF? it doesnt really mean ***** to me that it s the 1st/only one in the USA, IMO... its ugly..... is any one REALLY a huge fan of the ISF styling.... i think not.....It is accepted because of the amazing motor & chassis engineering underneath... I dont know any ISF Owners who drool over the styling cues of that car ... bottom line, the whole deal was BARELY worth it when the kit was to be painted and mounted at no cost to me ...so to suddenly spring the news that oh by the way you have to cover the cost of mounting and painting the kit, AND get the car to SEMA leaving it for a week, AND attend on your own dime 6-8+- car shows across cali in 2012???.... no f*$king way.

So now i have spent several hundred dollars so far in this deal.... I have non refundable flights booked and hotel rooms rooms paid for already in vegas for SEMA, not to mention the 3 trips and several hours of drive time alone to run out to Anaheim 3-4 times from the west Valley in F'ed up LA traffic to ferry parts around drop off my car for sponsor review and what not.......

all in all 3-5 weeks of time energy and not an inconsequential amount of money spent............ for nothing.

Careful what you wish for, and before taking any real time out of your day entertaining iffers like this MAKE SURE you get a clear understanding of what they want in return.

Life is a ***** eh?
Old 10-10-11, 05:50 PM
d7620
Pole Position

car look like a beast...as for your trunk setup, did you remove your spare for your system?