IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Multiple CEL codes! Need help from newbie IS300 owner

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-11, 06:38 PM
Jimmy631
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multiple CEL codes! Need help from newbie IS300 owner

I just had a 2001 IS300. It has multiple codes of P0500, P0753, P0768, P0758,p0763. All the a,b,c,d shift solenoids are out, with the speed sensor too. Now the problem with the gear shift is that when I put to D, the car moves in very slow response, with little torque, just sound like it was engaged in 4th moving off. Engine revs well. I had to downshift the gear **** to 2 to get back the torque to move quickly. Then I had to manually shift the **** to get to 4th gear.

The M mode is flashing when I out it to M shift, and will not shift manually on steering.

Can anyone advise me of the possible problem that I am facing? Also as I newbie owner, where in Dallas can I go for a tech to diagnose the problem? I hate to go to park place Lexus as they will charge very high just to diagnose it, not to mention the labour and parts price.

I hope to hear some expert opinions here soon. I just got the car from a friend, and would like to enjoy the joy of driving it to the max capability.
Old 08-20-11, 11:19 AM
Jimmy631
Driver School Candidate

I am very lost at my situation. I appreciate someone can advise what to do next or where to go to solve the issue.... Someone pls.

I am from DFW area and want a referral for a knowledgeable mech who can work on my car. Pls point me in the right direction
Old 08-20-11, 02:25 PM
czum09
Driver

Ok, you def have a transmission issue. I am not familiar with the auto trans on these cars because i have a 5spd but it sounds like your transmissions having trouble engaging into lower gears, which is the solenoids. Now on some transmissions that is a matter of just tightening some bolts on others there could be bigger issues like having to replace them. My suggestion is to take it to a Toyota dealership, I'm not from the area but if you can get it there the maintenance will be a lot cheaper.

It is worth it to get it diagnosed properly. It will bring you peace of mind. Things like this can get very stressful. A toyota dealership will probably charge you $70 to get it diagnosed, they will be able to pin point your issue and give you the best idea for fixing it. Good luck.
Old 08-20-11, 02:27 PM
czum09
Driver

This should help

http://www.toyota.com/toyotaSearch/s...5201&locale=en
Old 08-22-11, 02:54 AM
djluxury
Driver School Candidate

there is a amazing mechanic in arlington named abdul the place is called american autotech its on cooper north of the parks mall

the guy rebuilds salvage cars and makes them look brand new he specializes in luxury cars bmw, mercedes, lexus, porsche