IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Nub with some fire ideas

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-11, 12:59 PM
bacon22
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

baadhabit wats ur problem kid is this batter the new guy cuz he dont know things like u and know all the bull**** like u do. u were probly that kid picked on in high school now u think ur a bad*** through a computer screen. get a life kid if u dont have info to give me shut ur lil mouth and jus dont write nothing and enjoy ur F***in day.
Old 06-01-11, 01:02 PM
llllllllll
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bacon22
Ok so sorry about the spellin i was typein quick cuz i was leavein work. im a newb at doin anything to a car. i did auto cross with everything being stock other then my small mods of: HKS exhaust and Injen short ram intake, slotted and drilled rotors. im tryin to spice up my lexus and i have a themem but i dont know how or wat do do.
dont hate for those typein bull**** about small ***** and other things u have to learn things b4 u can talk no kinda like crawl b4 u can walk.
Don't mean to be an azz but this is a Lexus forum, we're a little more classy then the honda guys. So please use spell check or proof read what you are typing before you hit the submit button, not just to make yourself look better, but also so we can understand what you are saying.

I wasn't saying that you have a small *****.
I just said that the word "nub" makes me think of someone with a small one

"im tryin to spice up my lexus and i have a themem but i dont know how or wat do do."

I have no idea what this sentence means.
Old 06-01-11, 01:16 PM
llllllllll
Lexus Champion

baadhabit wats ur problem kid is this batter the new guy cuz he dont know things like u and know all the bull**** like u do. u were probly that kid picked on in high school now u think ur a bad*** through a computer screen. get a life kid if u dont have info to give me shut ur lil mouth and jus dont write nothing and enjoy ur F***in day.

Ok ok man, chill chill.
Don't have to drop asterisks on us.
We're all family here.

Incase you missed this, Don made a good point.
Before you try to go racing your 7+ year old car you should take care of what you already have before you go getting new stuff.
Originally Posted by DonCorleone
invest in brake pads, lines and fluid. Good tires too if the ones on there now are worn or cheapies. And deferred maintenance, you got a 7 year old IS, chances are bushings, ball joints, end links, mounts, timing belt, water pump, spark plugs, air filter tranny fluid, coolant and all that stuff is about due or will be very soon.
You are looking for advice on coilovers? Suspension components / braces etc..?
If you want to do autox then don't worry about body mods or interior mods.

In my opinion:
#1 prioity is weight reduction
#2 should be suspension & tires
#3 priority is power...

To tell the truth modifying the stock motor with intake/exhaust/header is not really worth the money spent, you will gain maybe like 15 horsepower.
If you want to go fast you are going to need boost, either turbocharger or supercharger.

Why is power last priority?
The answer is simple. You have to start off somewhere.. You can start in slow hp classes and work your way up.
If you have a really light car with great suspension and you are racing a car with same hp you could win if you have a lighter car with better suspension & handling.
But if you want to start with power as priority, you can easily build a 1000hp car, sure.
But you are auto crossing a heavy tank with poor suspension, and you aren't familiar with the car; you are just making your car faster so it can go into a wall at a higher speed.

If you want to get on the twisties you are going to need some good strong coilovers.
Don't go for the cheap basic coilovers because your ability to make adjustments will be limited.
You will also need sway bars, strut tower bars, and many other braces that you wouldn't need for daily driving.

Once you get some power under your hood, then look into getting roll cage and racing seat.
But for stock IS300 you don't need any of that and roll cage just add extra weight.

Last edited by llllllllll; 06-01-11 at 01:35 PM.
Old 06-01-11, 06:06 PM
ISNINE
Driver

Originally Posted by baadhabit
fire = hot

geez cmon guys. get with it
Oh is this how the young kids talk these days. lol
Old 06-02-11, 06:35 AM
baadhabit
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol. slow your roll sonny. i was just translating your e-thug post. dont shoot the messenger.
your posts have been so full of fail there was no avoiding the jokes.
Old 06-02-11, 06:40 AM
baadhabit
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by llllllllll
Ok ok man, chill chill.
Don't have to drop asterisks on us.
We're all family here.

Incase you missed this, Don made a good point.
Before you try to go racing your 7+ year old car you should take care of what you already have before you go getting new stuff.

You are looking for advice on coilovers? Suspension components / braces etc..?
If you want to do autox then don't worry about body mods or interior mods.

In my opinion:
#1 prioity is weight reduction
#2 should be suspension & tires
#3 priority is power...

To tell the truth modifying the stock motor with intake/exhaust/header is not really worth the money spent, you will gain maybe like 15 horsepower.
If you want to go fast you are going to need boost, either turbocharger or supercharger.

Why is power last priority?
The answer is simple. You have to start off somewhere.. You can start in slow hp classes and work your way up.
If you have a really light car with great suspension and you are racing a car with same hp you could win if you have a lighter car with better suspension & handling.
But if you want to start with power as priority, you can easily build a 1000hp car, sure.
But you are auto crossing a heavy tank with poor suspension, and you aren't familiar with the car; you are just making your car faster so it can go into a wall at a higher speed.

If you want to get on the twisties you are going to need some good strong coilovers.
Don't go for the cheap basic coilovers because your ability to make adjustments will be limited.
You will also need sway bars, strut tower bars, and many other braces that you wouldn't need for daily driving.

Once you get some power under your hood, then look into getting roll cage and racing seat.
But for stock IS300 you don't need any of that and roll cage just add extra weight.
IMO autocross is more about a suspension/tire set up and skill or experience. not about power. weight reduction i would put on the bottom of the list. stripping the car will not gain you much besides a loud ugly car.

also pay close attention to the class rules. if you mod too much they may bump you to a more advanced class. for example i believe having coilovers vs a spring set up can move you up a class
Old 06-02-11, 09:53 AM
llllllllll
Lexus Champion

IMO autocross is more about a suspension/tire set up and skill or experience. not about power. weight reduction i would put on the bottom of the list. stripping the car will not gain you much besides a loud ugly car.
Weight reduction is definitely more important than adding horsepower.
A stock engine 2,000 lb IS300 will murder a stock engine 3,000 lb IS300 from the gate, no doubt about it.
Old 06-02-11, 10:01 AM
baadhabit
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by llllllllll
Weight reduction is definitely more important than adding horsepower.
A stock engine 2,000 lb IS300 will murder a stock engine 3,000 lb IS300 from the gate, no doubt about it.
yes it would but youre exaggerating the weight savings. ie you will not gain much.
Old 06-02-11, 10:19 AM
DonCorleone
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, good tires, well maintained car, good brakes and seat time/work on your driving skills. Anything else is overkill at the moment and should be left alone for later.

See? You come on here, hyping up something mundane and done by 100s if not 1000s of people over the last 10 years the car has been out like it was the new hotness and your own original idea, typing like an illiterate ignoramus and throwing up ethug vibes and then point the finger at other folks returning in kind. Yet there are still people trying to help you out. Get yourself together man, you're better than that.

Ps... I spit hot fiya.
Old 06-02-11, 11:26 AM
llllllllll
Lexus Champion

yes it would but youre exaggerating the weight savings. ie you will not gain much.
Haha true

While we are talking about weight reduction....
Hahahahaha have you ever read that article probably 7 or 8 years ago about the extreme weight reduction spec-v?! lol

EDIT:
Crap it was 9 years ago, time flies, I been into this crap for way too long...
Sport Compact Car Magazine - August 2002

before
Curb Weight: 2,762 lbs
1/4 Mile:16.3 @ 84.0 mph
60-foot:2.9 sec.
0-60 mph:8.6 sec.

after
Curb Weight:1,674 lbs
1/4 Mile:14.3 @ 93.2 mph
60-foot:2.6 sec.
0-60 mph:5.8 sec.

wow i found the article!! haha
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...=1#post7083745

Last edited by llllllllll; 06-02-11 at 11:38 AM.
Old 06-03-11, 11:46 AM
ISNINE
Driver

lol cant be track legal
Old 06-03-11, 12:57 PM
bacon22
Pole Position

So ive read alot of ur post and thank all of u for helpin me out. i jus purchased DC coilovers and ima try and install them tmrw any 1 have a place in miami that they know of that can install them for me?
About everything else that has been said about this thread well hate on it im done with arguein im jus goin to listen to those that have helpin words and disregard the others with stock suspenssion i did a 55sec race on my 3rd run which was my best time which i think for being my 1st time wasnt that bad. i didnt jus get my licence yesterday i jus dont know much about parts and wat needs to be done i know how to drive a car.
TY again for all the help and if theres futher comments to add plz do im in that learning stage.
Old 06-04-11, 03:02 AM
llllllllll
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ISNINE
lol cant be track legal
lol nah it was just some challenge or something.
Kinda like something you would see the guys do on TopGear.
It was just a funny article/concept that stuck in my head for like 9 years
Old 06-04-11, 04:19 PM
Justin727
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I got that fire, I got that fire, so holla at me Bacon if you want that osca myer.
Old 06-04-11, 08:49 PM
rayy117
Lead Lap

ive heard dc coilovers aint that great. let me know how it rides. I've had tein flex on the is300 before, had clunking problems but stiffness was great. I got rid of it and got megan racing ezs and it seems kinda maybe similar to the tein flex. the megan racing makes my chassis flex more than the tein flex tho. really lovin the ride on the megan racings. thats just my opinion so yeah.

Quick Reply: Nub with some fire ideas