Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^lolz he gets it
Old 12-01-10, 07:13 AM
baadhabit
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ais300c
so for those of you who have turbo charged their lexus did you use the stock internals? for only 7-10 psi I feel that the 2jz-ge will be just fine but I just want to know about the ecu fuel etc I know the basics but what about those two thing particularly you had to do thanks for everyones advise too
yes 7-10psi is fine on stock internals. yes you can make 300~ on stock internals. yes you can boost an auto

before you go out and building your set up talk to SRT or PFS. they have kits for the IS300 and can build whatever you want.

www.swiftracing.com/
http://www.pfsupercars.com/
Old 12-01-10, 07:13 AM
baadhabit
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mex lex
Whoa, there is so much misinformation in this thread. First of all, you need to determine what your power goals are. Once you do that, then you can go from there. Not everyone's goal is a 1,000,000 rwhp dyno queen. Your stock motor is perfectly fine for boost, they have been proven over and over for years. But you also have the choice of building your stock block with forged internals, GTE internals or swapping a GTE shortblock, swapping a VVTI GTE and non VVTI, etc. Again, it all depends on your goals but keep in mind budget, emissions, etc.
slidingIS = misinformation
Old 12-01-10, 11:11 PM
slidingIS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by baadhabit
slidingIS = misinformation
I would love to see where i misinformed him. I said the stock block could probably get to 400hp. I never said you couldnt do 7-10psi and make 300hp i just said that will get old and he will want more so i was giving him information to help him do it right the first time. I was trying to figure out more specifically what he wanted. because his first question was about an EMS being his biggest problem.
But apparently i have misinformed him yet you havent shown where i said something to mislead him.
Old 12-02-10, 05:20 AM
ais300c
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol for everyones info I kno about cars and everyone has been helpful slidingis included. The questions I was pertaining to were the engine manegement set ups, I have supra injectors I have the piping the turbo and everything and I'm an ase certified technician I was told I have to use a Honda ecu to reprogram my car to make it run off the new turbo set up with the compression change and all that **** I needed to double check and see what others did to their is to make it run right
Old 12-02-10, 06:06 AM
baadhabit
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ais300c
Lol for everyones info I kno about cars and everyone has been helpful slidingis included. The questions I was pertaining to were the engine manegement set ups, I have supra injectors I have the piping the turbo and everything and I'm an ase certified technician I was told I have to use a Honda ecu to reprogram my car to make it run off the new turbo set up with the compression change and all that **** I needed to double check and see what others did to their is to make it run right
there are a lot of ecu options from SAFC piggy back to stand alone Motecs you can run. it all depends on your budget, goals, how much work youre willing to put in and put up with.

i currently have the AEM standalone version 1 with the plug and play harness which is actually a modified Honda box. it makes good power, lots of shops can work on it. my only issue is it doent control idle so my tune is a little off and i sometimes have to play with the TB cable. some people say get an Idle Air Controller (IAC) as a fix. i think im going to swap it out for a ProEfi. love the idea of the added traction control.

http://www.dezod.com/pd_dezod_motors...s300_01-05.cfm

my set up is a t67, with 720 injectors, upgraded fuel pump, regulator and return, tial bov, tial wastegate, stock bottom end with a cometics head gasket and ARP studs, valve body upgrade and built clutch packs. car made 454hp at 17psi.

just a pointer since you have all those supra parts, not all of them will fit. the GTE head is different than the GE head. not 100% sure but you may also run into issues with fitting the injectors.
Old 12-02-10, 06:07 AM
Justin727
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by slidingIS
first off the 2JZGE in your Lexus is not in anyway good for a turbo candidate.
Theres 1!

alaBAMA
Old 12-02-10, 06:30 AM
rumbum
Driver School Candidate

Default Zeitronix

I running a 2jzgte with a Zeitronix ZT-2 meter with good results. Might be worth while checking them out.
Old 12-02-10, 11:17 AM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you do piggy back, don't waste your time with the SAFC. Get at the minimum an FIC or Greddy EMU. However, if you do standalones, then go with what your tuner knows best, Haltech, AEM, etc.
Old 12-02-10, 11:39 AM
baadhabit
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rumbum
I running a 2jzgte with a Zeitronix ZT-2 meter with good results. Might be worth while checking them out.
can you post some pics of your IS. where in FL are you located?
Old 12-04-10, 07:02 PM
rumbum
Driver School Candidate

Im located in South Florida. I am having trouble uploading pics at this time, but I will try and get a pic up soon.
Old 12-05-10, 10:25 AM
dexlex2002
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by baadhabit
there are a lot of ecu options from SAFC piggy back to stand alone Motecs you can run. it all depends on your budget, goals, how much work youre willing to put in and put up with.

i currently have the AEM standalone version 1 with the plug and play harness which is actually a modified Honda box. it makes good power, lots of shops can work on it. my only issue is it doent control idle so my tune is a little off and i sometimes have to play with the TB cable. some people say get an Idle Air Controller (IAC) as a fix. i think im going to swap it out for a ProEfi. love the idea of the added traction control.

http://www.dezod.com/pd_dezod_motors...s300_01-05.cfm

my set up is a t67, with 720 injectors, upgraded fuel pump, regulator and return, tial bov, tial wastegate, stock bottom end with a cometics head gasket and ARP studs, valve body upgrade and built clutch packs. car made 454hp at 17psi.

just a pointer since you have all those supra parts, not all of them will fit. the GTE head is different than the GE head. not 100% sure but you may also run into issues with fitting the injectors.
I agree with you on this ray. On the flip, I did a swap and I basically have the same setup....6262 turbo, 1000cc inj, dual fuel pumps, AEM dezod pnp standalone. I made 453hp@22psi w/ a 1j. I made 300hp@18psi with the stock turbo. I felt that I could GROW with the swap. People always want more power!
Old 12-07-10, 02:49 PM
Shadowen
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by slidingIS
I would love to see where i misinformed him. I said the stock block could probably get to 400hp. I never said you couldnt do 7-10psi and make 300hp i just said that will get old and he will want more so i was giving him information to help him do it right the first time. I was trying to figure out more specifically what he wanted. because his first question was about an EMS being his biggest problem.
But apparently i have misinformed him yet you havent shown where i said something to mislead him.
You do know that the GE and GTE blocks are near identical with an exception being that the GTE block has oil squirters?

Unless this GE block is something magically different then the GE block that the SC's run, you're way off. I've seen numerous people Boost their stock 2jzGE blocks. I've also seen people swap a gte head on to a ge block and run some large numbers to the wheels.

I can't give you a max, but it seems that many people claim the ge bottom end of being capable of holding 600-800hp (depending on who you ask).

To the OP: You should be safe boosting the stock ge block with the minimal amount of boost you're thinking you want. Remember though, the ge engines have a higher compression so it will take less boost to reach the same amount of horse power. If you do plan to do anything more then 300. You should look into lowering the compression.
Old 12-07-10, 08:12 PM
romycha1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Shadowen
You do know that the GE and GTE blocks are near identical with an exception being that the GTE block has oil squirters?
I thought the VVTI GE's had weaker rods...
Old 12-08-10, 06:32 AM
baadhabit
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Shadowen

Unless this GE block is something magically different then the GE block that the SC's run, you're way off. I've seen numerous people Boost their stock 2jzGE blocks. I've also seen people swap a gte head on to a ge block and run some large numbers to the wheels.

I can't give you a max, but it seems that many people claim the ge bottom end of being capable of holding 600-800hp (depending on who you ask).

To the OP: You should be safe boosting the stock ge block with the minimal amount of boost you're thinking you want. Remember though, the ge engines have a higher compression so it will take less boost to reach the same amount of horse power. If you do plan to do anything more then 300. You should look into lowering the compression.
i believe the GE blocks are the same in SCs and ISs the difference is the rods and rings. IS rods and rings are weaker. generally wont hold more than ~400-450hp with upgraded headgasket and studs.

Quick Reply: Turbo Set up...Help!