IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Pics of the new exterior mods!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-10, 09:00 AM
dustinbray
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea you wont need to roll, I'm still on stockies and lowered and don't need a roll. Why didn't you do black calipers? I'm thinking white on my CWP IS. either that or next summer some polished TT breaks! Did you take out the trunk lights when you tinted them?
Old 10-24-10, 10:11 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

It's ok not to have taste at 17, it's the only time you can get away with it. Some of the stuff I did to cars when I was 17 I look back on now (exactly twice as old now) and I laugh at it even though I loved it at the time. Enjoy it while you can. Put blue lights everywhere, black everything out, sticker the hell out of it if ya want. You'll be old soon and won't be able to get away with it anymore.

I'll give ya a tip though... Anything that stands out like a sore thumb.... doesn't flow .
Old 10-24-10, 01:58 PM
mou
Pole Position

true, I just turned 19 and I'm already tired of flashy stuff now, but it was fun while it lasted
Old 10-24-10, 02:00 PM
Avarec
Lexus Test Driver

whatever IIIIIIII say goes, ur a jb from now on
Old 10-24-10, 03:10 PM
dustinbray
Driver

Originally Posted by Avarec
whatever IIIIIIII say goes, ur a jb from now on
ROFL! You guys crack me up
Old 10-24-10, 03:28 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

I like the lighting. Maybe it's the pics, but it makes the car look stubby
Old 10-24-10, 08:20 PM
03LexIS300
Lead Lap

looks good, not sure about the yellow calipers. i would have painted them black lol but thats me i love black. also deff needs a drop. what are you going to drop it on? and what headers are you getting?
Old 10-24-10, 08:25 PM
LexsIS300
Driver School Candidate

I was just worried about the front because with 2 inches it looks like it would sit right on the top of the tire so when i would turn i thought it might rub but i guess not

@dustinbray yea i did its real straight forward on how to
take em out.

Obviously i would have rather had some gold bbs rims on white calipers or something but i dont have the money.. I wanted my car to be different... I can only do what i can afford i guess
Old 10-24-10, 08:26 PM
LexsIS300
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 03LexIS300
looks good, not sure about the yellow calipers. i would have painted them black lol but thats me i love black. also deff needs a drop. what are you going to drop it on? and what headers are you getting?
I dont know what i would drop it on yet but i was looking at megan racing headers
Old 10-24-10, 08:30 PM
03LexIS300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LexsIS300
I dont know what i would drop it on yet but i was looking at megan racing headers
sounds good bro. I have the Eibach Sportline springs and they are a 1.4" drop and I love them and the drop looks really good, just right for me. I have heard there are fitment issues with the o2 sensors hitting the firewall with the Megan headers although I cannot confirm that. I have the OBX header and y pipe combo and love it and did not have any o2 sensor fitment issues at all.
Old 10-24-10, 08:35 PM
LexsIS300
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by whitehorse
true, I just turned 19 and I'm already tired of flashy stuff now, but it was fun while it lasted
I dont think its too flashy i mean its black on black atleast its not on neon green rims and racing stripes
Old 10-24-10, 08:39 PM
LexsIS300
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 03LexIS300
sounds good bro. I have the Eibach Sportline springs and they are a 1.4" drop and I love them and the drop looks really good, just right for me. I have heard there are fitment issues with the o2 sensors hitting the firewall with the Megan headers although I cannot confirm that. I have the OBX header and y pipe combo and love it and did
not have any o2 sensor fitment
issues at all.
Is the 1.4 drop enough for you? I just dont see it being to much of a difference but obvioulsy i still need to have it as a DD.... Thanks for the advice with the headers ill look more into it... With a cat back, headers, and intake i should still be able to pass emissions right?
Old 10-25-10, 06:25 AM
baadhabit
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just LED strips from walmart that i spliced into one outlet thing... they are alot brighter at night
there was no orange or even red wouldve matched better. the orange and blue doesnt look so good

also not feeling the wheels, calipers or the tinted tails. overall i give you an E for effort
Old 10-25-10, 07:28 AM
03LexIS300
Lead Lap

Is the 1.4 drop enough for you? I just dont see it being to much of a difference but obvioulsy i still need to have it as a DD.... Thanks for the advice with the headers ill look more into it... With a cat back, headers, and intake i should still be able to pass emissions right?
yea bro, the 1.4" drop is plenty for me for DD purposes. click on my profile and you can look through my pictures of my car on the Eibach springs. As far as your car passing emissions with the headers, intake, and cat back exhaust. the headers eliminte all 3 converters on our cars, so you will need to get some sort of converter or high flow converter welded into your exhaust system, also as long as the intake is CARB exempt then it should pass. the headers will cause a CEL due to the o2 sensors having crazy readings with no B1 or B2 converters, that problem can easily be fixed with an o2 simulator wired in with your ecu as I did to mine, then you will have no CEL.
Old 10-25-10, 08:46 AM
20incher
Driver School Candidate

[QUOTE=LexsIS300;5884338]Yes im 17, everything i do to the car i pay for. You guys will probably all hate the way it looks but i like it... Im painting the inside of the headlights soon and yellow tinted fogs, Short Ram Intake next weekend, 2in lower and headers for christmas.

wait a minute...

I'd repaint the calipers to red. Red and black is a good color combination. Drop the car to get rid of that 4x4. I'd even throw out the Christmas lights, but that's up to you.

Quick Reply: Pics of the new exterior mods!