IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

I need new brighter hid!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-10, 05:50 PM
Lexy602
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb I need new brighter hid!!!

hey i wanted to know where you guys purchase your HID light bulbs from? I want something Blue-ish!! Thanks! <3
Old 09-14-10, 06:33 PM
llllllllll
Lexus Champion

I would also like to know this.
I want 6000k (more white than blue)
Old 09-14-10, 08:23 PM
voleduy
Pole Position

Currently our HID light is only 4300k, I want to get the 6000k as well.
Old 09-14-10, 08:31 PM
Eurosport
Rookie

brighter is not gonna be blue
the brightest most light output is 4300k
the more up you go on the scale the less the light output is.
so depends what's important to you, color or actual light/brightness...
Old 09-14-10, 08:38 PM
voleduy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Eurosport
brighter is not gonna be blue
the brightest most light output is 4300k
the more up you go on the scale the less the light output is.
so depends what's important to you, color or actual light/brightness...
can we have both?
Old 09-14-10, 08:47 PM
llllllllll
Lexus Champion

I seen 6000k on 2 of my friend's GS300
They are both brighter than my headlights by far......

And the color is white, basically the same as ours already are.
But just a little bit cooler white.
Old 09-14-10, 08:58 PM
Eurosport
Rookie

Originally Posted by llllllllll
I seen 6000k on 2 of my friend's GS300
They are both brighter than my headlights by far......

And the color is white, basically the same as ours already are.
But just a little bit cooler white.
here's some food for thought

What is Lumen?

Lumen is a unit of measuring the light output, brightness, of a source. Traditional low-beam halogen headlight produces 1000 – 1200 lumens, while HID outfitted headlight outputs around 3200 lumens.

4100k - 4300k is the ideal HID color temperature to produce the maximum amount of light, lumens, hence the reason while all OEM manufacturers equip their vehicles with these types of bulbs.
Old 09-14-10, 09:26 PM
llllllllll
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Eurosport
here's some food for thought

haha I'm not trying to argue with you
But if you think 6000k is blue you will be disappointed
I don't know if you read my earlier post, I saw 6000k with my own eyes, side by side comparison next to my is300 with stock headlights. It was basically the same color, only difference was his lights were brighter and a little more cooler white/blue. They are not Blue blue by any means, they are white with a small small small tint of blue

we can start a kelvin chart war if you like I really dont care....
My chart is a little more accurate because my friend has 7000k in his bmw and his headlights have more of a purlish hue to them, your chart doesn't even show purple...

what's that? you want to see more charts?
http://www.delonixradar.com.au/images/HID_poster.jpg
edit: holy crap that pic is huuge, removed img tags...

here is another

oh man this is the best one
lol

doesn't even show white... wow

Last edited by llllllllll; 09-14-10 at 09:41 PM.
Old 09-14-10, 11:08 PM
slidingIS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok guys ill break it down seeing as i have 4 different HID sets.

First is purple they are 30000k. They look awesome but visibility isnt great i had to adjust my headlights up some to see better.

Second is deep blue they are 20000k. They are the most blue available. Visibility is very good because everything appears blue.

Third is a whitish blue 8000k. They are very bright white with a hint of blue but are less apealing to see on my car.

Fourth is the factory 4300k. They are boring and not the brightest by any means.

All and all i use the purple when im messing around and the 20000k blue is what i mainly use. They look great i have great visibility and the police do not frown upon these. If you all would like i could take some pics at night of each one to show the difference it would make in your IS.

P.S. you buy a kit on ebay that is just bulbs. it cost about $15 or $20. you choose the temperature and color. The bulb is a D2S or D2R. either one will work they are the same.
Old 09-15-10, 05:55 AM
voleduy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by slidingIS
ok guys ill break it down seeing as i have 4 different HID sets.

First is purple they are 30000k. They look awesome but visibility isnt great i had to adjust my headlights up some to see better.

Second is deep blue they are 20000k. They are the most blue available. Visibility is very good because everything appears blue.

Third is a whitish blue 8000k. They are very bright white with a hint of blue but are less apealing to see on my car.

Fourth is the factory 4300k. They are boring and not the brightest by any means.

All and all i use the purple when im messing around and the 20000k blue is what i mainly use. They look great i have great visibility and the police do not frown upon these. If you all would like i could take some pics at night of each one to show the difference it would make in your IS.

P.S. you buy a kit on ebay that is just bulbs. it cost about $15 or $20. you choose the temperature and color. The bulb is a D2S or D2R. either one will work they are the same.
The OEM is 4300k, If we want to get birghter and cooled HID light, do we need to change the fuses anything else or just keep everthing OEM and just change the light bulbs...!!!
Old 09-15-10, 05:56 AM
Sebash
Driver School Candidate

i got mine off amazon. i used to have 8000k which is kinda blueish but wasn't enough light output for me. now i'm at 6000K and i absolutely love it. they're pretty much pure white.
Old 09-15-10, 07:51 AM
llllllllll
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by slidingIS

Yes please take a picture I would like to see how this looks on a IS300, I'm not really interested in doing it myself but I am just curious. I always see ghetto people in the hood with these bright colorful headlights so they kinda ruined the appeal to me. I saw ghetto dude with bright blue headlights in their 1998 chevy tahoe on 26" rims, and a 1995 chevy lumina with spinner hubcaps and bright purple headlights.. That's the kind of people I see in philly with these headlights..

But It might look nice on our car, I don't know I've never seen it.
Yes please take pics, and I can't believe cops don't mess with you, that's good though!

Who would you recommend for buying HID bulbs on ebay, what seller do you buy from?
Old 09-15-10, 09:31 AM
Eurosport
Rookie

don't be fooled by ebay charts from hid bulb vendors...
from a physics perspective following the one and only Kelvin scale, 4300k color has most lumens output, the higher you go on the scale past that, you lose lumens. lumens=brightness, light output, etc.
after reading the OP again, i see he's mostly interested in the color aspect, blue. unfortunately "brightest" got mixed in there where it'll never be unless it's something close to 4300k.
Old 09-15-10, 09:34 AM
Alantjai
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can go with 50/55 watt hid instead of the standard 35w versions.
Old 09-15-10, 09:57 AM
voleduy
Pole Position

[QUOTE=Eurosport;5790664]don't be fooled by ebay charts from hid bulb vendors...
from a physics perspective following the one and only Kelvin scale, 4300k color has most lumens output, the higher you go on the scale past that, you lose lumens. lumens=brightness, light output, etc.
after reading the OP again, i see he's mostly interested in the color aspect, blue. unfortunately "brightest" got mixed in there where it'll never be unless it's something close to 4300k.[/QUOTE

So you mean that better use the OEM HID 4300k instead of getting the orthers HID ???

Quick Reply: I need new brighter hid!!!