IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

My IS200 Supercharged Toy

Old 07-03-10, 11:16 AM
rabster
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My IS200 Supercharged Toy

Hey everyone thought I would share my car with everyone else see what people think

Ok here is the progress so far, I got the car in late 06 and said that I would not touch it I liked it just the way it was I mean it was the IS200 Sport in Scarlatti red with the Lexus styling kit standard Lexus alloys premium sound system etc.

Alas this didn’t last long 1st thing I had to change the radio so after much hunting around I chose the Kenwood DDX-6029 and got to fitting as some of you might know the sport comes with its own amp and runs a digital system in the car so no left and right feed to the amp but digital signals very annoying

So after much playing about I made a bypass lead (there wasn’t one on the market when I got the car but there is now )

However I missed the bass that I had in my old car so out came the standard speakers and Infinity's went in along with an Alpine V12 and Lanzer Vibe Amp

As you can guess it didn’t stop there, I found my self addicted to putting bits on, so the fun and games started

Mirror closing module was located and fitted

Then Hands free Kit ck3200

Then LED Foot well lights Varad RGB
Old 07-03-10, 11:17 AM
rabster
Driver School Candidate

then I noticed that only the drivers window had 1 touch I couldn’t be doing with this time for total closure and one touch system I had a few DEI 530 box's left over from a few previous cars so these were redesigned and put to use however Lexus wiring is a pain so had to put wires into each door LONG so anyway these box's also offering a venting system via a remote or button in the car etc very good in hot weather...

This now gets us to a few more bits of fun we all hate little bollards when parking or finding some one has got right up close behind the car so I thought its time for a rear view camera but stealthy

I then needed some new tyres so whilst the wheels were off the car and it was jacked up (thought id get them refurbed at the same time I painted the callipers
So from this

To this

Spare wheel was dirty im ashamed to say lol
Old 07-03-10, 11:17 AM
rabster
Driver School Candidate

Then for a little bit of time I didn’t do anything was not to well etc

JAE came and went where we fitted a supercharger to a friend’s car made me want 1 like crazy, so 2k later I had one
Standard engine bay

Full engine Bay

Car didn’t seem to have enough noise and grunt so I upgraded the filter to a K&N and gave it a full on service and it found its ***** once again

But there was something holding it back………………………

ahh yes the exhaust plain standard nothing special so a friend sold me his Blue flame

it arrived like this

Went on the car like this

So old exhaust off

New exhaust Ready NO expense spared even on the bubble wrap lol
Old 07-03-10, 11:18 AM
rabster
Driver School Candidate

I then had an accident when parking and kerbed the passenger Rear wheel not happy, then had a brain wave my mates BMW had reverse dip mirrors I wonder if I can get that on mine of course Lexus were no help so off I went and found my own way

So here we have a box of tricks Universal as long as they have the up down function lol

Fitting was not easy

Now as you read above I fitted a rear camera so why not a front one I thought so I did

By this time I was starting to run out of little things to do, so had a long hard think and realised a bigger intercooler was needed
This big

As you can see the standard TTE one is the baby thing underneath

Whilst the bumper was off I fitted some LED's to the grill to light the intercooler at some of our car meets (only at meets)

Whilst in the process I changed my side lights to LED sidelight strips

I also Fitted 6400k HID I did wire these in non standard they basicly take a trigger from the normal light circuit to activate a relay which draws power direct from the battery this = no dips when cranking.
You can buy these relay kits buy my thoughts why buy when you can make!!
Old 07-03-10, 11:19 AM
rabster
Driver School Candidate

So now that I had the bigger cooler the bigger exhaust I then realised I had no way of telling what it was doing pressure wise etc, now most people have gauges on the A pillar in the Is200 or then have them mounted in the centre console. Now me being me wanted to be different I wanted the best of both worlds gauges in the middle but stealthy, so I hunted until I came across the HKS Camp 2 System very cool
It arrived like this

Doesn’t look like much but a pain to wire in but how wrong was I…

So all working and here is the kiddy

I was happy until I tried driving and looking at the gauges then realised they were to low down so time for a rethink

Now the is200 comes in a navigator model as well but the sat nav is out of the arc luckily I didn’t have it in mine I so I thought why I don’t put a touch screen in the standard housing so I got to work

Part a

Part b

Take them all apart have a juggle with the wiring and you get

So on to Fitting in the car

Here we have it working

Did I mention it was toucscreen so I also have an INCAR pc well my laptop in the glove box at meets lol!!!
Old 07-03-10, 11:19 AM
rabster
Driver School Candidate

Since then I have also fitted TTE Coilovers and TTE ARBS but no pics of these im afraid as the weather was a bit dodgy once fitted I took the car to Wheels In Motion and Dr Bones did a full Geo set up car handles perfectly now and no inner tire wear yippee

whilst it was there I also got the arches rolled so I can now fit a Nice set of 18's on or 19s if I really wanted but then it might sit a tad to low in the wheel arch will have to see....

So this now sees up until about December 09 I now started to feel the car was lacking some bling!!
So I invested in the following
Stainless Steel Radiator Panel
Stainless Steel Suspension Tops
TTE Supercharger Badges

Chrome Lexus Steering wheel Badge is shown above

Now I have done some cosmetic things back to the fun stuff
LED Dash Lights.

Now lets take something from a late spec car and make it work in mine…
PUSH START BABY…

Take one standard centre section

Beat it with a dremel

Test Fit switch

Now make the circuit to control the car

Circuit mk 1

Circuit Mk2

So now we have the Switch In the console and we have the circuit so time to join the 2

I don’t really agree with taping cables if it’s a install so I use heatshrink and braid

Here is the finished article

Security system active

As you see the car wont start
Old 07-03-10, 11:20 AM
rabster
Driver School Candidate

As you read above I had temporary car PC using my sony Vaio so now is time for a proper job
One pc

One GRS Receiver

One Cd Player

One OBD2 Reader

One Ipod

One AV Input

The pc uses a program Called Centrafuse here is the front end

You will have also read a bit further back in this thread about my arches being rolled well that was in preparation for the new wheels so we went from these

To These

Also spent the weekend washing and detailing mine and a mates car

So here we have it there are a few other mods on the car which I don’t have pictures of but you can all see at meets

Scarlatti Red Is200 sport
Styling kit
Colour Coded Sport Grill
TTE Supercharger
TTE Anti Roll Bars
TTE Coil over’s 45mm
blue Silicone Hoses
Red Cable Tubing
Blue Flame Exhaust
Larger Intercooler
K&N Panel Filter
Painted Callipers
Stainless Steel Radiator Panel
Stainless Steel Suspension Tops
6000k HID Dipped Beam
LED Eye brow Side lights
PACE car strobes
Intercooler Lights
Blue foot well Lights
Blue Ignition Ring
Reverse Camera
Reverse Dip mirror
Front mounted camera
DDX-6029 DVD Head-unit
IPod Interface
Bluetooth Interface
HKS Camp 2
Boost sensor
OIL Temp Sensor
Alpine 4ch Video Switcher
7" touch screen in Nav Housing
Car Pc Input
Auto Window roll up on arming
One Touch on all Windows
Fog to Brake Conversion
Uprated Earthing kit
Voltage Stabilizer
Relocated Front Horns
Stainless Steel Aircon Rings
Smoked Rear Lights
Arches Rolled
Clifford Avant Guard 5.5
Clifford Call Guard
In Car Pc/sat Nav
Push Start Ignition
Blue Instrument Cluster
remote start
Stainless Steel Lexus badge
Stainless steel Kanji badge
Iridium Spark Plugs
Leather Arm rest

Updates will follow soon

Thanks for reading

Rabster
Old 07-03-10, 12:02 PM
Str8 VIP
Pole Position

i want to be the first to say nice, well done, clean is200. how does your push start work? is it the same type that comes in the s2000 (put the key in, turn the car on then "push start")
Old 07-03-10, 12:42 PM
AZTurbo
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Awesome! Looks good!
Old 07-03-10, 12:58 PM
rabster
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Str8 VIP
i want to be the first to say nice, well done, clean is200. how does your push start work? is it the same type that comes in the s2000 (put the key in, turn the car on then "push start")
Thanks afraid its not like the S2000 one at all this runs in conjuction with my aftermarket alarm

disarm car you have 30 seconds to start the car
get in 1st push turns acc on
2nd push turns IGN on
3rd push and hold cranks the car

no need for the key at all (i however do need it to disable the steering lock for now)

i am working on a 3rd design for the circuit which will incorporate more features from the latest spec cars foot on brakes to start and stop etc
Old 07-04-10, 02:42 AM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dude i love it! so much hard work into it very impressed with your wiring skills. and what a beautiful out come. i hope you have more for us in the future.
Old 07-04-10, 10:19 AM
slvrboolet
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow you have some crazy good wiring skills i wish i could have half those on my IS. Your welcome to come to the states and do my car lol. I dont know anything about the is200 or that odd looking motor lol how much power did you make before? How much did you get by adding the s/c?
Old 07-05-10, 10:19 AM
rabster
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by slvrboolet
Wow you have some crazy good wiring skills i wish i could have half those on my IS. Your welcome to come to the states and do my car lol. I dont know anything about the is200 or that odd looking motor lol how much power did you make before? How much did you get by adding the s/c?

Cheers for all the comments people

The car as standard sits at about 160bhp

the charger gives you a increase to 204bhp
Old 07-05-10, 08:10 PM
2002GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

Wow, just a great epic build that covers all areas, very well done!
Old 07-05-10, 08:34 PM
llllllllll
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rabster
Thanks afraid its not like the S2000 one at all this runs in conjuction with my aftermarket alarm

disarm car you have 30 seconds to start the car
get in 1st push turns acc on
2nd push turns IGN on
3rd push and hold cranks the car

no need for the key at all (i however do need it to disable the steering lock for now)

i am working on a 3rd design for the circuit which will incorporate more features from the latest spec cars foot on brakes to start and stop etc

All you need now is a remote car starter.
That should help you start with steering wheel lock engaged, and should help with shutting the car off when tapping foot brake.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My IS200 Supercharged Toy