IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Error3 CD Changer Trouble

Old 02-08-10, 08:34 AM
ATX300
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Error3 CD Changer Trouble

I figured I would ask here before calling the stealership, but just had some problems with my factory disc changer. Out of the blue, disc 6 will not eject and is "stuck". I looked in the owner's manual and it said if you get this code then there is an error in the system and to eject the disc. Well, it won't let me eject the disc and was wondering if anyone else has run in to this problem, and has found a solution. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-08-10, 09:03 AM
BernieIS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ATX300
I figured I would ask here before calling the stealership, but just had some problems with my factory disc changer. Out of the blue, disc 6 will not eject and is "stuck". I looked in the owner's manual and it said if you get this code then there is an error in the system and to eject the disc. Well, it won't let me eject the disc and was wondering if anyone else has run in to this problem, and has found a solution. Thanks in advance.
Everyone and their mother has run into this problem. I would think that you are outside your warranty. My suggestion would be to get a new aftermarket radio and move on. The dealer will charge way more than the radio is actually worth. With that money you can be into something much better and more advanced. Something that could handle an ipod, satellite radio, and navigation for just a bit more money.

Radios in the first gen IS were terrible, period!
Old 02-08-10, 09:09 AM
wuzzy
Driver

Did you burn the CD? Happened to me with burned CD's. I no longer use them in my CD player. I took out my whole radio and played with it. Put it back in the car and they all spit out.
Old 02-08-10, 09:47 AM
ATX300
Driver

I do have burned cd's in there, but they are not the problem. The car is a 2004, purchased in 2005 and I did purchase an extended warranty, I guess I need to call and see if it is covered. If anyone else has any ideas I'm still listening. Ha Ha.
Old 02-08-10, 10:00 AM
MY2J
Pole Position

save some money and "do it yourself". Nothing to it... just remember to tape (mask) the edges before removing the a/c and head unit. http://my.is/forums/2997488-post18.html
Old 02-09-10, 08:40 AM
ATX300
Driver

Nothing to it...haha. I am pretty sure that the headunit for the 2004 is different than the one on the DIY because it took alot more work to get to the disc sleeves. After removing the sleeves and putting the headunit back in, now the cd player won't even turn on/work. Maybe I should have called the dealer and had them take care of it in the first place....
Old 02-09-10, 11:16 AM
wuzzy
Driver

I have a 2004 and the whole thing comes right out..
2 screws near the top compartment and 2 more behind the head seat switches. You must tape it up or u will scratch everything. I took apart the cd player and played with it a little. Could NOT get the cds out. Luckily after I put it back in my car, the cds all came out when I pressed eject. I also DC the neg battery.
Old 02-10-10, 07:52 AM
MY2J
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ATX300
Nothing to it...haha. I am pretty sure that the headunit for the 2004 is different than the one on the DIY because it took alot more work to get to the disc sleeves. After removing the sleeves and putting the headunit back in, now the cd player won't even turn on/work. Maybe I should have called the dealer and had them take care of it in the first place....
you must have done something wrong... are you sure you connected everything the proper way? i can't imagine this went wrong... it's pretty straight forward
Old 02-10-10, 04:12 PM
ATX300
Driver

I guess the springs inside of the changer could have stretched out or something, but I took it apart and put everything back in the way it came out. Maybe I touched one of the ribbons. I don't know for sure. I called the dealer and I am still covered under warranty, I think I will just neglect to tell them I took it apart. haha
Old 05-22-15, 01:56 PM
mortarman
Driver School Candidate

My 2005 LS430 had Error 3 message. I disconnected the negative battery terminal for a 15 minutes, then reconnected it and the CD player started working fine again. Need to leave the battery disconnected for at least 15 minutes. This method won't work if the battery is disconnected and immediately reconnected. System needs a little time for the electrical connections to reset. You will need to reset your saved radio stations. Try disconnecting battery before even attempting removal of CD player from dash.

Last edited by mortarman; 05-22-15 at 02:11 PM.
The following users liked this post:
goldenluck (07-23-19)
Old 05-22-15, 02:15 PM
mortarman
Driver School Candidate

My 2005 LS430 had Error 3 message. I disconnected the negative battery terminal for a 15 minutes, then reconnected it and the CD player started working fine again. Need to leave the battery disconnected for at least 15 minutes. This method won't work if the battery is disconnected and immediately reconnected. System needs a little time for the electrical connections to reset. You will need to reset your saved radio stations. Try disconnecting battery before even attempting removal of CD player from dash.
Old 01-12-19, 09:25 AM
sfolexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mortarman
I love these forums. Had the same error3 message on my CD player in the 05 ES330 and couldn’t get any of the CDs to eject. They weren’t homemade CDs either. Disconnected the negative terminal and only waited about 5 minutes before reconnecting. It ejected one of the CDs and I was able to eject the rest. Thank you for saving me the trouble of removing the head unit!!!
The following users liked this post:
goldenluck (07-23-19)
Old 07-23-19, 12:31 PM
goldenluck
Driver School Candidate

That worked perfectly!! I have a 2004 LS430, nice car, huh? Don't you love the secret drawers at the front of each front seat?