IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Carwash Ruins my paint

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-09, 03:57 AM
LexusGSXR
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VegasMade
^^You are correct! buti work 7days a week 10-12hrs a day so i never have time.
oh man.. that sucks... you need to tell your boss.. that you need a day off... lol
Old 12-20-09, 07:43 PM
ks1
Rookie

always always hand wash with clean water. i use to work at a couple dealers and they use brushes to wash cuz its faster and i could wash and dry a war with in 10min with a vacuuming. if it was a new paint job and they didnt bake the car in the booth along with it being cold out side it takes a long time for the clear to be 100% set and shouldnt be washing it right away. depending on temp it could tak 2 months to cure all the way then a good cut and buff and you should be good. I suggest that you always hand wash especially on black and darker colors cuz swirls and scratches show up very easy, get a good wax/ protestant to help the dirt wash off when you do wash it and finally rinse out your mit realy well after every washing to get all the little dirt particles out. but congrats on your new car and you will love driving it. and if you need some parts hit me up my friends are reps lol
Old 12-24-09, 02:20 AM
re-rx7
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

NEVER use car wash brushes!! Jus think of all the people that come through there and wash there mud ridden vehicles with those things. Dirt=scratches! when you wash your car you essentially sandpaper your car.
Old 12-28-09, 03:23 PM
VegasMade
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LexusGSXR
oh man.. that sucks... you need to tell your boss.. that you need a day off... lol
I am my own boss lol

Originally Posted by ks1
always always hand wash with clean water. i use to work at a couple dealers and they use brushes to wash cuz its faster and i could wash and dry a war with in 10min with a vacuuming. if it was a new paint job and they didnt bake the car in the booth along with it being cold out side it takes a long time for the clear to be 100% set and shouldnt be washing it right away. depending on temp it could tak 2 months to cure all the way then a good cut and buff and you should be good. I suggest that you always hand wash especially on black and darker colors cuz swirls and scratches show up very easy, get a good wax/ protestant to help the dirt wash off when you do wash it and finally rinse out your mit realy well after every washing to get all the little dirt particles out. but congrats on your new car and you will love driving it. and if you need some parts hit me up my friends are reps lol
Thanks for the help this is the first black car i have owned and it being fresh paint didnt help lol

Originally Posted by re-rx7
NEVER use car wash brushes!! Jus think of all the people that come through there and wash there mud ridden vehicles with those things. Dirt=scratches! when you wash your car you essentially sandpaper your car.
Common sence but i never realy even thought about the vehicles that might had came through there befor me

Im going to buff it pretty soon and we'll see how it gose. Once again thanks guys!
Old 12-28-09, 03:43 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by VegasMade
Today i went to the carwash because it had rained for a coupe of days. So i go to wash my car and when i was drying it i noticed alot of scratches all over my black paint! There was also alot of little white spots like if they were rock chips but it was all over the windshield too. i just drove it to work and back since i got it.They had buffed the car the day i got it whitch was December 4th 2009.Was it possible that it was scratched and the white stuff was because of it being buffed and i washed it to early? Also the car was repainted but i dont know the exact date it was painted but it looked pretty fresh. Any help? Im realy pist! And can the cratches be fixed by rebuffing it?
How long did the detail take when they "buffed" your car? If it took less than a few hours they probably just added a glaze on your paint to fill in/hide the swirls. The first car wash you gave it most likely washed the remaining glaze away.