IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

death

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-01, 07:01 PM
bcc002
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default death

I have some sad news to report. Two of my friends died early yesterday (the 28th) morning (around 1 o'clock). Some of you may have seen this on the news - the story regarding 4 teens in Thousand Oaks in a "suv" (Mercedes E320 station wagon) crashing into a wall. To alot of you im sure this will sound just like our worried mothers telling us to drive safe and telling us they love us. But man, I can't tell you how ripped up my friends and I are about Kenny and Jordan. Here's the kicker - I was in that car about an hour before they crashed. It could just as easily have been me - I thank God for my life. The media was already trying to pin it on "provisional liscenses" and "we do not know yet if alcohol is a factor." These were good kids - crazy GPAs and you couldnt meet nicer, more laid back pals. Granted that it is true about the provisional liscence (it was also Kenny's first day driving that particular car), but I was with Kenny, and he was not drinking. If he was, he was very good at doing it under our noses. The police are also being very vague about what happend, so from being at the site, here is my synoposis-

Kenny came around Westlake Blvd (on of our roads with a bend in it) at a high rate of speed, judging by how long the skid marks are and due to the fact that both front passengers died, even though Mercedes are rediculously safe. The tire marks on the ground, contrary to popular belif these days, are not brake marks. Stomping on the brakes on any car with ABS today will leave no skids - the marks were from loss of control. My best estimate for his speed was in excess of 100.

May God bless Kenny Glass and Jordan Bass, their friends, and their families during our grief. Not only was this the death of two friends, it was the death of me and the majority of my friends ever driving fast again. I will only be a racer on the race track from now on - its just not worth it.
Old 12-29-01, 08:20 PM
al3xander66
Driver School Candidate

sad story ...... my condolences may those people rest in peace and know that they are somewhere better .... keep livin bro
Old 12-29-01, 11:47 PM
LIVN XL
Pole Position

Sorry to hear about that...this must be sad for the people in Thousand Oaks as well...since it is the 2nd BIG accident in Thousand Oaks within the last 5 months. I was there in August and I remember that there was another accident that involved the death of a teenager on Avenue De Los Arboles.

May all that passed rest in peace.
Old 12-30-01, 02:00 PM
crazyxbobo
Rookie

im sorry to hear that...my condolences to the families...:eek:
Old 12-30-01, 04:56 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Damn man that is rough.. my heart goes out to thier families and friends...
Old 12-30-01, 06:11 PM
LeXusBoy
Lead Lap

Sorry to hear that, im glad you are ok though. Hope that makes me think again about street racing. My condolences.
Old 12-30-01, 08:53 PM
CamryTuner
Rookie

I live in Agoura and I just recently heard about this. Sad, sad, story. My condolences. I recently hear that one of the guys that I went to middle school with, passed away from an accident, and he went to WHS. He was driving drunk.

Lately, kids around that area have really "fancy" and "fast" cars. I see kids leaving Westlake High School with SS cameros, Cobras, and M3s. Sometimes, I scratch my head on why some parents buy "kids" these high powered sports cars. Granted I wanted a supra, but I got a camry. Sometimes, parents have to step in and put some responsiblity to what their children do. When kids have these cars, they're just as dangerous as guns.

I'm not an old guy. I'm only 20 fresh out of high school, but I see a bunch of highschool kids doing a lot of stupid things. Unfortuanatly, things like this is the only way that people stop and open their eyes and kids realize that they're not invincible.

Again, my condolences and may God Bless.
Old 12-31-01, 08:49 AM
CPerez100
Lexus Test Driver

God Bless them ! I'll pray for them when I go to church.

Rest in Peace
Old 12-31-01, 09:12 AM
LeXusBoy
Lead Lap

Originally posted by CamryTuner
I live in Agoura and ...
I live in Woodland Hills and go to CHS.
Old 01-01-02, 05:04 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Man, I'm really sorry to hear that...my condolences to the families...

I hope this will wake up some of these teens so they realize that cars can be very dangerous. The news likes to pin deaths on guns like it's the devil or the plague but the truth is, more kids and people in general die in automotive related deaths.
Old 01-02-02, 09:48 AM
CamryTuner
Rookie

I live on Reyes Adobe in Agoura.
Old 01-02-02, 10:14 AM
LeXusBoy
Lead Lap

Originally posted by CamryTuner
I live on Reyes Adobe in Agoura.
By the Fast Track, and there used to be the lazer tag place, and theres some resturant rite?
Old 01-02-02, 01:16 PM
<:(((><
Driver School Candidate

Prayers to them, their loved ones and families.
Old 01-02-02, 06:49 PM
CamryRR
Rookie

Unhappy

Now that does not make for a good start to a new year hearing of stuff like this.My condolences to the family and friends of the victims of the terrible accident.
Old 01-03-02, 12:05 PM
CamryTuner
Rookie

Originally posted by LeXusBoy

By the Fast Track, and there used to be the lazer tag place, and theres some resturant rite?
I think it's called Future Track or something and there is a Lazer Tag place and a "Love's" resturant. I live on the other side of Reyes Adobe, towards Yerba Buena Elementry and Thousand Oaks Blvd.

Quick Reply: death