A rant...

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-07, 11:12 AM
btorok
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry A rant...

Hey all,
So Lexus Carlsbad had always been great, but this last time I went in for an oil change, they pissed me off so much I had to tell you all about it.

I went in for the oil change and told them to use my oil, because I use Royal Purple. They charged me a few bucks less and noted my paperwork as such. Still expensive mind you. They just raised the price for an oil change to $60, gotta pay for those "free" beverages and cookies somehow.

I get the car back and head home. When I get in, I go to take the oil out of the back seat and it's still sealed! I called them to tell them they forgot to use my oil and I was on my way back to have them change it again. As I'm driving, I see what looks like glue on the windshield where they put the little service sticker. Then I realize the idiot technician used a screwdriver to pry off the old sticker and made 3 big scratches in my tinted visor strip. By now I'm fumed.

So I get back to the dealer and I told them I don't want that same technician touching my car again. They tell me they will pay to have the windshield retinted. Damn straight you will.

I wait a bit and then get my car back. There is oil and dirty handprints all over my fender and hood. Aren't they supposed to use fender protectors? Whatever, I left. By the time I get home, I smell burning oil. I opened the hood and find that they used almost 7 quarts of my oil (at 8 bucks a quart) and the car only holds about 5 and a half. Apparently, the other quart and a half is all over my fender and engine compartment. There was a small puddle on my garage floor just from the drippings.

Needless to say, they won't be working on my car again. I'll just go in once a week for a free crappy carwash and a beverage.
Old 03-20-07, 03:04 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

woa ... I'd talk to the service manager ... and definately not go there for service again.
Old 03-20-07, 04:44 PM
96gti2.0t
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah thats crazy. working at a dealer i would def let the service manager know possibly even the GM
Old 03-20-07, 10:56 PM
SDLexus
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude, definitely go back there and talk to the service manager or send an email. They always worry that their customers will get one of those surveys and give anything less than excellent grades. You'll probably get a call asking you if your service was satisfactory (I know I always do from Carlsbad). Let them know why you're unhappy. I'm sure they'll try and accommodate you.
Old 03-20-07, 11:17 PM
JCE102JZGE
Rookie

sorry to hear, my experiences with cerritos lexus hasnt been great either. all the times they work on my car theres some stupid little thing they screw up on, but rather not turn this into a story so i wont mention the whole thing.

i noticed yesterday my seatbelt is starting to fray on the corner, so i called cerritos lexus to see if they would replace it. the service manager tells me that its natural for a seatbelt to "wear". im going to go in and see what they say from seeing the belt for themselves, because iv gotta make sure my safety is not jeapardized. cerritos lexus sucks! i even emailed the corporate about my first experience there.

seems like the dealership itself has lost the quality i used to think they had.
Old 03-21-07, 07:09 AM
btorok
Pole Position

A friend of mine is actually one of the service managers. I called him and told him his people are slipping. Carlsbad has recieved a lot of awards for their service in the past, but who knows now.
Old 03-23-07, 12:53 AM
Carbon~IS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DIY FTW

I can see oil getting everywhere when they take out the old filter, but putting oil in the freaking engine... How the hell do you miss that hole. They do have the little thing called a funnel...

Some people just shouldn't be working as a tech

Good luck, and hope everything gets resolved