IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Sponsers.?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-01, 01:01 AM
edawg
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sponsers.?

i was just wondering how people get sponsered? is it difficult to get sponsered>?
Old 10-13-01, 02:44 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ever heard of the "Casting Couch"? (anyone who works in the entertainment industry should be familiar with that term)

Just kidding...usually, you have to know someone (well, almost always) and you have to a car worth sponsoring. They're not just going to give you free shiat for no reason or to just drive around the streets with their logo (well, some low end companies might)...

Generally, if you have a showcar that wins and you know some people (if you do the showcar circuit, you'll end up meeting people) then you can get sponsored. Or if your car shows up in Magazines...Another way to get sponsorships is to do a crazy project...then you submit a proposal and the company reviews it and sees if they want to get onboard...but usually, you need to know someone...

It's not easy and most of the people you see driving around with 10000 stickers are NOT sponsored...then you got a guy like LJ Garcia who drives a stock Civic but has a bad *** show Civic and you have sponsors lined up...some of them even PAY to have their stuff on his car...but that doesn't come without a lot of hard work and self promotion...
Old 10-13-01, 04:09 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

yeah I got a few sponsors and let me tell you it is not easy to do...... and even after you got some it is jsut as hard to get more...

make sure you got a car that can give them as well as you good exposure and just be patient and persistent
Old 10-14-01, 09:30 AM
JAXLS460
Pole Position

Sponsors don't always give stuff away for free. A lot of times they will give it to you for cost which is better than retail. To get sponsors is hard but if you really want them you got to put some effort into it. Sponsors usually want you to write a proposal as in what you want from them and what you will give in return. All the companies I've talked to so far want editorials in mags so they can get free advertising and a list of the shows that will be attended.
Old 10-14-01, 11:01 PM
edawg
Pole Position

wow...
Old 10-16-01, 06:26 AM
Grey_is300
Driver

It is all about marketing and how you can help the companies.. I have I have 5 people sponsoring me. Some have given me the products at cost, some have flat ot given me their products. However to get my 6 sponsors I had to contact 15 companies all together. Each one I had to write a proposal explaining how I could benifit the products I would be getting from them. I had to let them know where people would see my car. Basically I had to sell myself and my car to them. However once you do that you have to have the car and do what you promised or it could hurt you in the future. It really takes time and alot of skill. Oh yes it also pays to know pepole. That also has helped me with a few of my sponosrs. If you have good ideas go for it. Just remember you have to get on the ball soon before everyone gets you beet.