IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Acura-TL.com again.

Old 08-21-01, 11:45 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This thread about IS300 vs. 3.2TL

It's like, it started as a simple IS300 vs. TL thread. It's cool. Someone tries to defend the IS (TedC) and they jump on him like they're freaked out. Start callin IS300 a Corolla, and Lexus sucks and etc. etc.

Man when BlackShadow was here defending the TL when it was the topic, no one called ACURA a piece of **** or anything. We're all cool, TL has its strength and its weaknesses, just like any other cars out there. We're all cool, then I read this thread bashing the IS300 and LEXUS. what's up with that. :eek:
Old 08-22-01, 08:27 AM
El Chino
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

globeclk..

after reading the thread at acura-tl.com
it showed how immature they are trying to defend their TL-S. I admit TL-S has a good acceleration and fast.
but still an accord, but an very expensive accord and just FWD .. not a contender like the is300 or gs300 that are rwd
Old 08-22-01, 10:18 AM
DROD2045
Lead Lap

Originally posted by El Chino
globeclk..

after reading the thread at acura-tl.com
it showed how immature they are trying to defend their TL-S. I admit TL-S has a good acceleration and fast.
but still an accord, but an very expensive accord and just FWD .. not a contender like the is300 or gs300 that are rwd
Its not an accord. Its a TL. Just like the IS isnt a corolla or anything. Its an IS. Where the TL isnt a contender in handling, the IS isnt a contender in speed. pick your poison.
Old 08-22-01, 11:56 AM
ming 2.7T
Driver

.. not a contender like the is300 or gs300 that are rwd

Stock IS or GS is a contender for what? What is that supposed to mean?
Old 08-22-01, 12:34 PM
El Chino
Driver School Candidate

Drood.. the TL is based on the honda Accord .. just an expensive accord..
just like the Es300. is based on the camry chassis..

btw, 2.7 T. .the TL can't handle as good as the IS300... the TL is FWD.. and it's an expensive accord
Old 08-22-01, 01:02 PM
ming 2.7T
Driver

In dry the rwd would be nice to have. In other than dry I see the fwd as an advantage.
TL-S, IS seem to be set up as two different cars, Tl-S meant to be able to transport 4 adults, IS 2 adults and kids, not right or wrong just different tasks. THe TL is much much quicker straightline. . If you are using the dry handling as your basis as contending , then yes you have a point. Other than that, both cars do very well at what they were intended to accomplish. I would think the TL would be more in the lines of the ES in size?
I picture the IS competeing with the likes of the 3 series or A4 line, C series,,,
Old 08-22-01, 02:36 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX

Globe, I responded and answered back the Lexus sucks thing but overall to me everyone was cool and was cool with TedC(who had nuts protecting the IS like that).
yeah. They got cool in the later pages. Early posts sucked. Nothing but flames and ignorance.
Old 08-22-01, 02:44 PM
Lexus_IS300
Lead Lap

it is true, the TL was build upon the base of an accord.
Old 08-22-01, 02:53 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by DROD2045

Its not an accord. Its a TL. Just like the IS isnt a corolla or anything. Its an IS. Where the TL isnt a contender in handling, the IS isnt a contender in speed. pick your poison.
You're right it's not an accord. It just shares parts so people call them "related". Not just brand related, but parts related, so since nearly 50% of TL is made from Accord parts, people call it an expensive accord.

IS300 doesn't share anything with the Corolla. Not the wheelbase not the doors or windows lights drivetrain engine nothing. The only thing they share probably is the clock.
Old 08-22-01, 05:22 PM
DROD2045
Lead Lap

Originally posted by GlobeCLK

You're right it's not an accord. It just shares parts so people call them "related". Not just brand related, but parts related, so since nearly 50% of TL is made from Accord parts, people call it an expensive accord.

IS300 doesn't share anything with the Corolla. Not the wheelbase not the doors or windows lights drivetrain engine nothing. The only thing they share probably is the clock.

The thing is that its a derogatory word that is totally untrue. Read my discribition of an expensive accord above.
Old 08-22-01, 11:58 PM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by DROD2045

The thing is that its a derogatory word that is totally untrue. Read my discribition of an expensive accord above.
I see you bashing at IS300 all the time, are you an IS300 owner? Just curious, if you don't like IS300 at all, why bother here?

???
Old 08-23-01, 09:46 AM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

1SickLex, I know we are all true Lexus defenders, but quitely frankly this is getting tiring. so I will just say one thing here, whether or not the TL-s would perform faster than acceleration than SC400 or hell even IS300 doesn't really matter. Our lex still got way more attention and more luxury/sport elements.

A FWD is a FWD, means no handling. Since they are so into the acceleration, why don't they compare to Mustang or Camero?? TL-s is nice, but please, stop dreaming about comparing it to the Real Luxury cars like Lexus. They are not in the same league.
Old 08-23-01, 11:21 AM
DROD2045
Lead Lap

Originally posted by genearch

I wrote that guy off long ago. He comes here as a cheerleader for Infiniti.

Well, when someone says the TL Type S doesnt stand a chance to an IS, ill say something because that is just flat out wrong. Thats the type of bs that goes on here that I like or try to straighten out. Wether no one is aware of how good the TL Type S really is or everyone/certain members is/are just the way I think they are...

Yeh genearch, I come to cheerlead for Infiniti. Rah rah rah infiniti! I use genuine wood TONE trim in all of my cars except the Q45. rah rah rah Infiniti...
Old 08-23-01, 11:28 AM
DROD2045
Lead Lap

Originally posted by gsintensive
1SickLex, I know we are all true Lexus defenders, but quitely frankly this is getting tiring. so I will just say one thing here, whether or not the TL-s would perform faster than acceleration than SC400 or hell even IS300 doesn't really matter. Our lex still got way more attention and more luxury/sport elements.

A FWD is a FWD, means no handling. Since they are so into the acceleration, why don't they compare to Mustang or Camero??

IS more luxurious than a TL?? definitly more sporty though.

TL-s is nice, but please, stop dreaming about comparing it to the Real Luxury cars like Lexus. They are not in the same league.
Not in luxuriousness but... this is what im talking about genearch...why do I even bother.....

Old 08-23-01, 01:55 PM
BlackShadow
Rookie

Here comes the TL defender again. First of all, the thread about the TL vs. IS300 was just about racing. The punk in the is300 was instigating and SSS just put him in his place. THAT'S IT! But somehow things got out of control and all hell broke loose. I found it amusing that TedC was defending the IS but NO IS owners were there to defend their own car. BTW, I helped TedC out so it's cool. GlobeCLK, it's just like me here when I was sticking up for my TL and everybody jumped on me. It's just natural that if you go on to someone else's turf, you have to be prepared to take the heat. Every forum have their share of DIE-HARD fans just like a few of you.

But then I come back here and there goes the TL bashing again. What's with you guys and TL bashing? If you guys know the GS is in a different league then why even bother bashing the TL. Like a few people said already, this is getting old. If you beat someone on the street then other people should just accept it and move on. Why should there be a need to make up excuses?

Remember, a good driver behind a decent car will ALWAYS beat a bad driver behind a fast car.

BTW, I heard that the guys over at the IS forum hates you guys here. Is it true?

Last edited by BlackShadow; 08-23-01 at 01:58 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Acura-TL.com again.