IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

why?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-01, 06:52 PM
Ebanks
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am just curious why the supercharger thread was closed... I was having getting ready to have good conversation in it with some people!

-Ethan
Old 08-21-01, 07:01 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I dont quite know but I will find out ...
I understand your point of the turbo vs. sc discussion, but at least in the my case I am not using a normal centrifugal SC. we make and design our own. it is actually a nice design..
Old 08-21-01, 07:04 PM
mkilty
Lead Lap

Originally posted by Ebanks
I am just curious why the supercharger thread was closed... I was having getting ready to have good conversation in it with some people!

-Ethan
Because a flame way erupted and I had to delete some posts.

Start a new thread with your questions.

Thanks,

Old 08-21-01, 07:08 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

ahh ok mike I understand now.. sorry I should have been on that. I can only assume you meant the guy personally insulting MO...? I was waiting for mo to respond... hehehe

how are things going over there?
The IS is comin along ok..
Old 08-21-01, 08:43 PM
changster
Rookie

Sorry guys I start the thread just to find out the difference between SRT and Area 51 Supercharger. Not to show which supercharger is better than the other. Coz I am thinking about purchasing the supercharger that was discount from clublexus for its member. there were big price difference between the two, so I want to find out what else is different. But after talking to mike (clublexus) and mo from SRT, they clear a lot of things up plus I have SRT Intake and I have no problem with it so I know their product is good. So I am going to get the SRT Supercharger. Only difference I see so far is that Area 51 puts out 5 to 10 hp more than SRT but the price from SRT is $2000 different I think I can live with 10 hp less to save that 10 hp and save up some more money and upgrade to stage 2 later on. Sorry guys I didn't mean to start an argument.
Old 08-21-01, 08:48 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

you did not start the argument, Y2KGS did... all I wanted you to do was research them both and make your won descision..
Old 08-21-01, 09:02 PM
changster
Rookie

Thanks fairuza11, I decided to get the SRT Supercharger after talking to Mike and Mo I understand the difference between the two and I always hear good things about SRT and AREA 51 both are good at what they do.
Old 08-21-01, 11:20 PM
Ebanks
Lexus Champion

I hope you guys don't think I was trying to argue with anyone! I just like to discuss different ideas, and see everyones perspectives on things.

Is there any particular reason you guys (you guys being SRT) run a blower instead of a turbo? Also, what blower are you using in your kit... An Eaton M62 or something like that? (bigger?)

-Ethan
Old 08-22-01, 08:36 AM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

well I like Turbos lol but MO from SRT developed a kick butt SC that will make Big HP and I opted to go that route... his SC is a combo of a BIG turbo blower and a custom made gear box he makes himself. it looks damn nice and is performing pretty well..

and no it was not you who started the argument, we are all hear to learn and share info on cars but some ppl get out of hand..that is the way it goes sometimes..
Old 08-22-01, 11:34 AM
lexlyf3
Rookie

Hey EBanks, I just want to second what fairuza said. It wasn't you. I guess when you are the actual individual putting your blood, sweat & tears into creating a product for the public to enjoy & market it to the masses....one tends to get sensitive to "unfounded" criticism.

I think the majority of the problem is that I perosnally know what the SRT Supercharger units themselves are capable of & the rest of you who surf this board haven't been given an opportunity to experience this.

TRUST ME.....I've been a member of this board for years and I would be willing (and I am) to put my personal reputation on the line as well as SRT, when I say that a lot of enthusiats' viewpoints are going to change once you have the specs, dyno & timesheet regarding our latest brainchild.