IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Area 51 Supercharger vs. SRT Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-01, 10:24 PM
changster
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone tell me the difference between area 51 supercharger and SRT supercharger. I want to get a supercharger but don't know the difference between them. I am a newbie, thanks in advance for all the input.
Old 08-18-01, 02:02 AM
y2kgs
Pole Position

I would go with Area 51 super charger. Ask or PM Black_is300. He has the super chsrger from Area 51
Old 08-18-01, 02:04 PM
changster
Rookie

thanks y2kgs I will pm Black_is300
Old 08-18-01, 05:23 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Just curious Y2kGs why not go for a SRT SC? I would like to hear you input on it.....
Old 08-18-01, 06:28 PM
y2kgs
Pole Position

Well, from what black_IS300 reports with his SC from Area51. It sure seems that its the best for now. I am not saying that SRT SC is not worth the $$ but where are the numbers not just HP. How can any tuner sell their products w/out any performance #
I would love it if SRT or other tuners came out with a SC that works and works very well. Also they have to consider that these cars are driven everyday and not only at race tracks. Another reason would be from the #'s from Mo's GS400 which claims to have 800HP but only pulls 12's. I had a car before that had 540HP at the wheel and I could pulls high 10's /low 11's all day long. Just doesn't make any sense to me. By the way it was a 3000GT VR4 which everyone knows is a heavy car to start with.
I think if you can post real results than more people will start looking and maybe buy the SRT SC but as you said in your other post. Once a tuner starts to cheat thats when you lose your clients right! Just a reminder

Last edited by y2kgs; 08-18-01 at 06:31 PM.
Old 08-18-01, 06:55 PM
mkilty
Lead Lap

Thumbs up

y2kgs,

From my personal experience I would buy anything from Mo at SRT that he had for my GS. I have trusted him in the past and I will in the future when it comes to his products.

SRT was the ONLY company that came through for me when I push them on producing a power-adder package for my car.

If anyone wants my recommendation I give SRT thumbs up......

Also if I read your post correctly it sounds like your trying off-handedly to say Mo is a cheat. Is that so???

Any questions on their products give them a call and ask for Mo...www.swiftracing.com
Old 08-18-01, 09:06 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey, let's not jump to conclusions. Mo's stuff if top notch and I don't think he's out to screw anyone. His whole business depends on his reputation to make high quality products.

Let's wait for Mo to get back to us with some information before we start passing judgement.

As for the whole quarter mile time, there are a LOT of variables to getting a good quarter mile time. Horsepower is NOT the only part in the equation. Tires/traction, track conditions, weather, driver reaction time, etc., etc...do you ever see a NHRA race where every car runs 100% every time? Hell no, there are so many DQ's throughout the race that you can't even keep count.

And speaking of the VR4, that car is just fast stock. That car was MADE to go fast. Weight is just one factor. How about the fact that the VR4 is STICK? How about the fact that the VR4 is all wheel drive and hooks up VERY well...I have a good friend who owns a bone stock VR4 and that is one fast car. I'm not surprised that with the same level of HP that the VR4 smokes a GS400....

Let's face it, the GS is a friggin' 4 door SEDAN. It's not a sports car...if you're going to compare, compare it to a car that's in it's class (like a 540, E320, etc...)
Old 08-18-01, 10:48 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

ok I understand your stance on the issue.. I never remember sayin about tuners cheating but I could be wrong and have posted that somewhere, prolly had somethign to do with the weapon r intake but I dont remember saying those exact words. but anyhow, MO's car was never 800 at the wheels before, his dyno sheets were around 540 at the wheels on a 4000 lb + car with NO LSD and his best runs were 12 flats not too bad all things considering. I cant see a VR4 being heavier then a GS400 either but that is not the point of the story, If you dont like SRT that is fine, and cool everyone is entitled to thier own opinion and ppl can make choices based on input they get from everyone. My best advice for this is talk to the Tuners and make your descision based on what they tell you and what they can do for you and your car. I am not a Biased person when it comes to gaining performance nor am I ignorant to what will and can werk better in certain applications. If numbers are what you are after then call mo and talk to him if you have issues with what he is saying, I do know this, I will be posting numbers and QMT's next week on my IS at either stage 1 and or stage 2 maybe after that you maybe more accepting to what we are doing. I have yet to see QMT's for the A51 car but I am not busting on them, I like and have said prior to this that the application and setup looks good, I do not doubt what it can be capable of jsut cause I have not seen it run yet or got postings of Dyno charts and or Time slips. ya know...
but yes I do understand where you are comin from.
Lastly how many 12 sec flat GS400's are there? I have not seen alot if there are GS4's that run that and faster Mike or anyone else please let me know I would like to check it out just for my own sake...

peace

Also I cannot find the when a tuner cheats quote anywhere can you link that up and let me see where I wrote that? cause I cannot find it.. and dont think I said that.. thanks

Last edited by EmoDragRacer; 08-18-01 at 11:05 PM.
Old 08-19-01, 01:03 AM
1niceride
Lexus Test Driver

My money would go to MO ! He has been here from the start when there were no tuners. He has excellent service and fit and finish of product was great.

Reason for no hard numbers is that MO is still developing his kit. Mo has said that already. But when he is done he will show all the documentation. Just like the dyno sheets for the intake.

While these other companies were done with there kits Mo was working on the whole Lexus line up , not just the IS . Thats why no hard numbers have been posted. Give Mo time and he will show who is the best Lexus tuner.

There are only 2 companies that i will ever buy any performance part from and that is Swift Racing and TRD.

Sorry y2kgs , not trying to flame you.
Old 08-20-01, 09:32 AM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

we should hear from MO and see what he thinks about all this...
Old 08-20-01, 07:37 PM
Ebanks
Lexus Champion

If you have the 2JZ why even go with a blower? Get a nice turbo setup.

-Ethan
Old 08-20-01, 09:36 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Y not a SC
Old 08-21-01, 12:04 PM
lexlyf3
Rookie

I just realized what has been posted here & I am throughly dissatisfied with comments posted by Y2KGS.

I have REALLY been a good sport about the various comments that have been posted by you & I think that.....<wait a minute, let me check>.....yes, you are on my last nerve! Let me take it back!

Just so that everyone knows, Y2KGS is the ONLY & I MEAN ONLY individual to publically state that he couldn't feel the power difference utilizing our intake system which he purchased. That is when this whole downward spiral began to rear its ugly head. In a much later post you tried to clean up your words by saying that you couldn't feel "enough" difference. I really question your motives behind these statements that you have made about SRT & the products it sells.

Nowhere have you read SRT speaking negatively about it's competition. And yes, competition is there....it should be expected when you are the innovator. Everyone else has to play catch up.

You went & took another stab by saying that our intake only produced 11 RWHP. What is the matter with you?

Now...you have your finest hour by claiming that we are cheating our customers! Man, please! I hope you have good pair of boots in your wardrobe.

I guess what hurts the most, is that you were a past customer of ours, but we have all been well over that. I even question your original motivation for purchasing our product in the first place, now that you finally reveal you know the owner of Weapon R very well or whatever it was that you said to that effect.

Anyone who goes into your profile on this board & reads all of the posts you have made within the past two to three months or so......can clearly see what your game is.

By making the types of statements you have made, you are, in reality, placing a negative image upon SRT, its employees, the time...dedication...& engineering invested by SRT, all of the numerous enthusiats who have puchased

I for one hope that you've clearly excepted the possible consequences of your actions because SRT isn't going anywhere & we have put our poker chips on the table. Where are yours? I think I speak for everyone at SRT & all of our past & current customers, when I say the following 2 words,
"BRING IT!!!!"

Just out of curiosity, what other products for Lexus vehicles has Weapon R produced in the past? If not Lexus, then what other line of vehicles?

I have to take this time to apologize to the rest of the Clublexus community for the above post. I have been watching this guy pull our collective chains for far too long w/out any real consequence. I appreciate the support & defense we have received from individuals, customers & non-customers a like. Time will be the true testiment & it will soon reveal the true story.

Oh BTW, since you are here representing Weapon R with FULL FORCE & the owner of Weapon R is your friend, it can be constrewed that you are an affiliate/associate of WeaponR & as such.......I hope you & Weapon R are ready to defend yourselves as you are directly slandering SRT & its products in full public view.
Old 08-21-01, 12:05 PM
lexlyf3
Rookie

Oh another thing...don't even think about deleting or modifying your post, as everything has already been recorded.

You now have our FULL attention, what do you plan to do with it?
Old 08-21-01, 01:36 PM
Ebanks
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by fairuza11
Y not a SC
Because turbo lexus' are consistently faster than supercharged ones.

I don't know why the IS would be any slower than a SC with the same setup, and a few people with just the bolt on kits are running high 12s without even lowering compression and running more boost, so if you could basically have an almost gauranteed low 13 out of a bolt on turbo (basic kit) then why even consider a blower?

-Ethan

Quick Reply: Area 51 Supercharger vs. SRT Supercharger