IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Pics w/ Top Gun kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-01, 10:59 AM
JAXLS460
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who said anything about buying them? I'm not buying them all I wanted was a sponsor name on my car and that they are giving me the wheels. And what are you talking about if I want SSR's buy SSR's I already have SSR's. Look at the pics those are SSR's last time I checked they are not not knock offs, copies, bootlegs whatever you want to call it. If a company is willing to give you wheels why not take them.
Thanks for the history lesson into your life and everything but the post was originally about posting pics of my car. If you want to go off on a tangent that's fine its a free world. But you don't have to get angry at the world or those who choose to have Konig or whatever wheel company they want on their cars. Like I said before this is a free world and last time I checked people still have freewill and can put whatever they like on their cars.
Old 09-05-01, 01:12 PM
lilrocket
Driver School Candidate

hey f lexin, got any engine mods for your IS?
Old 09-05-01, 01:30 PM
JAXLS460
Pole Position

Not yet. Just working on the look right now. Trying to get the car ready for NOPI.
Old 09-06-01, 02:57 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Even if Konig sponsors you (and give you free wheels), I STILL wouldn't put them on a IS...why don't you try to get a sponsorship from a better wheel company? Why fish at the bottom of the barrel?

You already have SSR's, why would you want Konigs? (Free or otherwise?)...and the "if you want SSR's, buy SSR's" comment wasn't directed towards you specifically. I mean just in general. If you like the way SSR's look, then buy the real thing instead of being cheap and looking for knock-offs of the SSR's....

It's a definitely a free world (but thanks for the reminder! ) and like I've said before, if you want to cheapen up your Lexus, that's your business...

I'm not angry, I just hate to see people turn their fine Lexus automobiles into ricer Civics (not that all Civics are ricers)...many people have bought Konigs not knowing that they're crap knock-offs...just tryin' to prevent future incidents....
Old 09-06-01, 09:05 AM
Yelois300
Driver School Candidate

Default Knockoffs

You know it seems as if everytime I post something postitive on a forum whether it be is300.net or club lexus someone always has to reply with a negative attitude and disagree with everyones opinions. The funny thing is not everyone has a million dollars to spend on there car or have there parents around to pay for these kind of things. I do work very hard for my is300 and I also support myself being the age of 19 living on my own. I dont see the purpose of buying 6000 dollars worth of wheels when I can get them for 2300. Yeah ok they might be a knockoff and yeah they might be 2lbs heavier but for the money that you would pay for the real thing I know my pocket would be 2lbs heavier! Plus with other mods in mind I want to try to save up some money to finish off my kit and supercharger. I dont want to just blow all my money on wheels and brag about how i spent all my money. But then again thats economics. Have you ever been a child and wanted a pair of 140 dollar nikes but your mom would never buy them for you. She would always buy you the cheaper brand but in the end you found out that the where the same thing, and the more expensive brand wore out in about 3 months, and everyone wanted something different and you thought it was a good thing you didnt spend all that money in the first place! Anyway, I think anything for free is definately something anybody would be interested in. Plus every person i noticed that hates on is300 owners doesnt even own an is300 themselves. Wheres your car? Wheres your mods? Lets see what we can pick apart! Im not trying to make enemies or anything but Im trying to help a mere friend who has been very helpful to me. (MANARAY)Try to show some decency for those you do not know, you might just meet that person sometime in life. This is a small world you know! WHat goes around comes around!
Old 09-06-01, 05:07 PM
sherwin
Driver School Candidate

what do you do about speed bumps? soo low.. but NICE!

Old 09-06-01, 06:59 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Yelois300 - While I understand your viewpoint, I still do not think people should buy fakes. It has to do with integrity more than the pocketbook. When I couldn't afford to buy Nikes, I didn't buy FAKE Nikes...I just bought inexpensive shoes.

Like I said, it's not about how much you spend. You don't need to spend $6000 on wheels...hell, with $2300, you can buy some decent 18's...you don't have to buy fakes like Konigs. If you can't afford the good wheels right now, just save up your money. The stock wheels on a IS look great! I'd rather ride on the stock wheels than Konigs! (especially the "graphite" IS wheels)

As for my car and my mods, I can assure you, I didn't take the "cheap" route. I practice what I preach. It's not like I driving a Hyundai and ripping on Lexus owners with cheap wheels!

And what's with this meeting people in real life deal? Why do people constantly throw that out like it's a threat? So what if someone meets you in real life? You're gonna get into a fist fight with someone because they think you have crappy wheels?! Come on! I would think Lexus owners are little bit better than that...maybe I'm wrong about that assumption...
Old 09-06-01, 09:20 PM
JAXLS460
Pole Position

Sherwin, I recently installed coilovers which raised the car up. Before that I wasn't able to drive over speedbumps or into my driveway.

As for everyone else let's cool it with the wheels. This is just making me wish I never started this thread with all this hating.
Old 09-07-01, 09:23 AM
Yelois300
Driver School Candidate

Default Coilovers

Hey how much did it run you for the coilovers?
Old 09-15-01, 07:29 PM
TeCKis300
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

manaray

I think you need to get off your pedestal!
Old 09-16-01, 02:41 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

TeCKis300 - Do you actually have some INFORMATION to contribute?
Old 09-16-01, 08:44 PM
MrIan
Lexus Test Driver

Manaray, calm down. Yes, buying cheap wheels would cheapen up a lexus, but if the owner doesn't really care, then let them do it. Just like the owner of Yahoo still riding around in a ten year old civic. If you like the styling of SSRs, but cant afford them, then whats wrong with konings?? Yes, they'll probably break faster, but u get what u pay for!! I don't understand how u tie this into integrity...Integrity is about who u are, not about what ur riding on!

Anyways, nice IS!! Love the kit! Aggressive but not outrageous!! Good luck with the sponsorship!

Old 09-20-01, 11:37 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

>Manaray, calm down. Yes, buying cheap wheels would
>cheapen up a lexus, but if the owner doesn't
>really care, then let them do it.

Like I said, if they want to cheapen their Lexus, then do so...

>If you like the styling of SSRs, but cant afford
>them, then whats wrong with konings??

Like I said, it has to do with integrity.

>I don't understand how u tie this into
>integrity...Integrity is about who u are, not
>about what ur riding on!

You're confusing integrity with security. If you have INTEGRITY, you don't make money by stealing other people's work. On the same token, you don't support companies that practice that kind of BS. It's takes INTEGRITY to NOT buy from knock-off manufacturers.

The reason why I bring up a lot of knock-off issues is because it's not cool to support these piece of ***** companies that make money by ripping off other people's work. I also bring it up because a LOT of people out there don't KNOW about knock-off wheels or other knock-off products (like body kits and such)...

But in the end, it's your car and your money. If people want to be fake and cheapen up their nice cars, then I that's their business...
Old 09-21-01, 08:18 AM
JAXLS460
Pole Position

I don't even know why this is still discussion is still going on but everybody just calm down. It was just a suggestion that I started then everybody escalates it especially manaray to all out war. Calm down I have the same 18 inch SSR's on the car no changes. By the way if you guys haven't heard I won Lexus conservative at NOPI. So enough of this alright.
Old 09-21-01, 08:29 AM
Yelois300
Driver School Candidate

Ditto!

Quick Reply: Pics w/ Top Gun kit