IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Pics of my car and Supercharger kit

Old 09-17-01, 02:19 AM
TRD328
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice car! Your car called my car last night and said they want to have a date. .so pls send your car over to Australia

I am also thinking of s/c or turbo charging my car. What would you recommend? For turbo, the max we can use is around 6-8psi. Is this similar to a s/c?

So you can use BOV for a s/c? when does it go pshhhh if it's not a manual?
Old 09-18-01, 11:03 AM
Black_IS300
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by mokujin101
do u think the Swift racing supercharger, is good as yours. Or should i wait for the Toyota one.

i want to get one ASAP.

In my opinion you couldnt go wrong with either kit. So yes, I do think the Swift Racing SC is as good as the A51. You should give both places a call and listen to what they have to say. As far as the TRD SC I dont think it will be out anytime soon and it will probably be much more conservative than the A51 or SRT SC.
Old 09-18-01, 11:11 AM
Black_IS300
Pole Position

Originally posted by TRD328
Nice car! Your car called my car last night and said they want to have a date. .so pls send your car over to Australia

I am also thinking of s/c or turbo charging my car. What would you recommend? For turbo, the max we can use is around 6-8psi. Is this similar to a s/c?

So you can use BOV for a s/c? when does it go pshhhh if it's not a manual?
LOL.. thanks, ill ship it out there tomorrow

Because you have a differrent motor I dont really know what to recommend.

The blow off valve still releases pressure in between shifts. You can really hear it if you let your foot off the gas between shifts. Also if im at a high rpms and a lift off the accelerator it will go pshhh.
Old 09-20-01, 01:27 AM
KaPPaBaLL
Driver School Candidate

that's a nice ride man.. too bad it's not a standard huh? thinking of getting the smoke color is300 later on.. goodluck with the car peace..
Old 09-20-01, 09:45 AM
Martaigne
Driver School Candidate

:drool:

While I'm (still) waiting for Lexus to manufacture an '02 IS with my desired specs, I'm researching super/turbochargers for more power. I'm extremely interested in the Area51, though I want to take it past Stage 1. Is the Area51 shop only in California?
Old 09-20-01, 11:49 AM
ineedblownIS300
Driver School Candidate

Default Martaigne...

I'm with you. I'm in Atlanta and have been researching forced induction options too. The safest is going to be TRD, installed by the Lexus dealer - but when will it be ready and how much power? I don't even own an IS300 yet, I'm waiting to see what shakes out with IS300 mods and competitive offerings (like the Nissan/Infiniti G35). I really want the 5 speed IS but it's gotta have more power. SRT and A51 are too far away. Good luck in your search.
Old 09-20-01, 01:34 PM
Martaigne
Driver School Candidate

I'm moving to Atlanta November 1st myself.

Someone showed this to me (http://www.powerhouseracing.com/cata...exusIS300.html), it looks promising but I want some proof that they can do some of these things to an IS. A 2JZGTE TT engine in an IS and maintain OEM functions?

I won't mind taking the 12 hour drive to TX to get this work done if it's reliable.

Has anyone else had any experience with Jarrett and Co.?
Old 09-20-01, 03:44 PM
ineedblownIS300
Driver School Candidate

Wow, that looks awesome - if the reliability is there like you said. I want about 5 things there - 6-speed tranny, carbon fiber drive shaft, Stage 2 turbo, beefed up clutch...

It's like Gran Turismo 3 come to life!!!
Old 09-20-01, 09:54 PM
lexus tuned
Driver School Candidate

That setup is awesome! Who did the installation and does the blower void your warranty? I am looking to maybe do the same thing in the future...any tips would be appreciated.

Aloha,
Alex
Old 09-27-01, 11:58 AM
liljungnam
Driver

Default sup keith!!!

Daymn every where i look your car seems to pop up!!!! Wuts up!!! its me tommie with the BLitz IS!!!! im comming after your car!!!!hahaha Be on the LOOK OUT!!!
Old 09-28-01, 02:47 AM
lexus tuned
Driver School Candidate

I love your setup!! Looks less crowded than the SRT Stage 1. Was wondering if u could ask A51 guys if they had any requests coming from Hawaii. I haven't found any sources for SC installers on-island.

Thanks in advance
Old 10-01-01, 05:59 PM
solo
Lexus Champion

Default Question

Very nice ride.
Question, the kit is Area 51 right? And Who did your istall?

keep up the good work
Old 10-02-01, 05:05 PM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

NICE RIDE, prob dusting everyone on the rode haha, Hey, where is A51 located? I talked to them once in the Rx300 Forums, but i havn't got a response from them yet... They were interested in my Rx300 for a ECU and Intake... Wonder if they will make a super chager for my Rx300 =) would be Sweet!!!
Old 10-04-01, 04:31 PM
Black_IS300
Pole Position

Originally posted by lexus tuned
That setup is awesome! Who did the installation and does the blower void your warranty? I am looking to maybe do the same thing in the future...any tips would be appreciated.

Aloha,
Alex
Thanks. As far as the blower voiding your warranty... by law they cant just void it because of it. If something breaks on the car they have to prove that the blower is what caused it. That being said... I am still reluctant to take my car to the dealership for warranty work. I dont want to be "Blacklisted" in their computer. When I had an aftermarket intake I would just switch it back to stock before I went in . Obviously its not that easy when you have a supercharger kit. I havent needed to take it in for anything since my supercharger has been on...
Old 10-04-01, 04:33 PM
Black_IS300
Pole Position

Default Re: sup keith!!!

Originally posted by liljungnam
Daymn every where i look your car seems to pop up!!!! Wuts up!!! its me tommie with the BLitz IS!!!! im comming after your car!!!!hahaha Be on the LOOK OUT!!!
Hey whats up bro! Are you getting boost soon? Ill keep my eyes open

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pics of my car and Supercharger kit