IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

What's the record for IS 300 spottings in your area ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-01, 09:03 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sheila,

Well factory paint will always be the best paint unless you decide to totally change colors to something radical but like we both agree the SBM is a HOT color.. As for the touch-up paint it is darker and I questioned my dealer about it too.. They say that is how its made.. Very slight thou and I suggest you get the chip painted but then again if you are clear coating the whole car (WHY??)

In regards to the weathering of my car.. Too much wax on it to be weathered IMO.. You could skate on my car its so slick.. LOL.. Meguiar's Deep Crystal System..

Back onto topic.. Finally saw an Auburn Sky IS.. When the sun is shinning that car is super bright.. The Yellow looks way better if you want that LOOK at me color..
Old 07-09-01, 11:02 AM
SeattleSheila
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2Savvy: Oh, I'd never CHANGE the colour. SBM Rules!
I think I'll leave the tiny chip on the hood and touch up the chip near the window and the one near the wheel well. (The latter two are actually showing white.) SIGH....of course only the Lord knows how many more will show up before Autumn...

Saw my second Auburn Sky Pearl and first Solar Yellow on the street this weekend.
Old 07-09-01, 01:57 PM
Kanine21
Driver School Candidate

SBM ROCKS!!!!

I asked Tacoma if they could send me some touch-up paint and they mailed a little bottle to me for free. I had a little chip on the hood, about 2" up from the front lip. I used the touch up and you can't hardly tell there was ever a chip until you get a bout 10" away or so.

I used to build models all the time, so I've gotten pretty good at it over time. I don't notice it being darker at all.

My record for seeing IS's in one day is 3 i think.

I've seen all the colors now, two yellows, two greens, one other blue, countless blacks and silvers, three whites, one red (ASP), and several GGP's.

I'm glad there aren't that many SBM's out there, although there are two brand new one's at the Seattle dealership that I'm sure someone will buy.

Did we pick the right color or what Sheila?
Old 07-09-01, 02:06 PM
SeattleSheila
Rookie

Yup, we have the right color, Kanine...and I'm gonna be sure to mention to Brian at the dealership that he gave you the touch up paint FREE...so I ain't payin'.

Just saw another SBM when I was out to lunch this afternoon... WOW, we look good going down the road!
Old 07-09-01, 02:36 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

When the SBM colour was first introduced on the concept model of the GS (HPS I think Lexus called it) I got the paint code from a buddy in Japan and had my little brother's car (94 Honda Accord) painted in that colour.. I'll post a pic of his little rice mobile at the bottom.. As long as you guys/gals keep a good coat of wax or better yet (Zaino) then your car will keep looking great.. BTW I haven't seen another Blue that looks as good as SBM.. The only one that is kind of nice is the one that Audi uses on the A4.. Its a Mica colour as well..
Attached Thumbnails What's the record for IS 300 spottings in your area ?-exr_chrome.jpg  
Old 07-10-01, 07:16 PM
anthracitetarga
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How much did it cost to get ur bro's car repainted?
Old 07-10-01, 08:14 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

A buddy of mine who I went to University with his dad owns a high end paint shop just outside Toronto.. They usually deal with classic car restoration and the like.. He painted my brother's car for $1,500 (Can).. Normally he would charge in excess of $4,000 for this work.. The original colour of the Accord was a dark grey..

Are you planning to paint your SC??
Old 07-11-01, 09:43 PM
anthracitetarga
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im not in the market for a new paint job right now, but i sure would like to see an SC in that IS/GS blue. However, i want to get a body kit http://www.bomexaero.com/images1/sc300/ad409.jpg and some performance mods 1st.