IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Streetracing Fatalities!!!!! Dont Go To This Link If You Are Weak Stomached!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-01, 02:05 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

http://www.speedoptions.com/news_headline.asp?aID=1680

This is a good example of what happens to "US" street racers when everything goes wrong. I admit I street race ALOT but that may change after veiwing these pics... This article to me makes alot os sense and brings home the brutal truth of what happens when we crash at very very high speeds.......

I hope you all read this and loook at the pics at the bottom as long as you dont throw up easy.. this could be me or you..... god rest thier souls.....
Old 06-29-01, 02:48 PM
Civic Si-r
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I personally have seen fatality photos and this ranks as gruesome as they get. I for one have been known to drive fast, with the "false" sense of security the automobile gives me. I know I put myself at risk as well as others. Many of us should look at the photos to see what real life is all about, and realish the fact we are breathing and enjoying it. Enough said, have a safe and sane 4th of july!!!!!!!!
Old 06-29-01, 03:05 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

humanity is onnly skin deep we should all appreciate what we have.. nice fast cars, and we should be aware of what a car is capable of doing....

this is a good example of how much devistation it can do
and this does not even show how the families are affected..
Old 06-30-01, 12:51 PM
IS3RACERMAN
Driver School Candidate

Default SNAPS!

DANNNGGGGGGG!!!!
LOOKS LIKE THE DUDE WAS CHOPPED UP MANS
WOE WOW. NOW I LOOK AT STREET WAS DIFF. WELL IM NOT AS CRAYZIE AS OTHERS. SOME PEEPS JUST DON'T KNOW DAY LIMMITS MAN. IF PEEPS DON'T START WISIN UP, IMPORT TUNING AND THE IMPORT WOLD IS GONNA BE BANNED. I LOVE SEEING SUOPED UP CARS AND ALL BUT PEEPS JUST RUINING IT FOR ALL THE REST WIT STUNTS LIKE THAT.
WELL GOOD LUCK TO ALL AND HOPE IT DON'T HAPPEN TO YOU'S.
GOOD RACING AND IMPORT CUSTOMIZING!!!!

PEACE
C--
Old 07-01-01, 11:27 PM
edawg
Pole Position

Exclamation LIVE FAST DIE YOUNG!

It just goes to show us that something that we love can really turn sooo bad..man.....speechless.

R
I
P
Old 07-02-01, 05:54 PM
SophieSleeps
Pole Position

Default Possibly Fake?

I don't want to be the *** of the group...

But for the guy who was in pieces...how come there wasn't more blood.

Looks like he severed an arm, was decapitated and suffered from an abdominal evisceration...5 liters of blood should have spilled out from at least 2 arteries.

Doesn't look like it to me.
But oh well...could be real.

It's pretty gory anyway.
Old 07-02-01, 06:12 PM
edawg
Pole Position

Angry sophie

hey sophie i dont wanna be a *** to you but please show a lil more respect...come they are deceased and you are wondering abotu the blood..
Old 07-02-01, 06:20 PM
DtEW

You're looking over him. The blood will be under him.

Unlike anime and movie magic, the human body rarely splatter/spray blood at the moment of injury. It usually takes a split second or two for blood to ooze, providing you don't expose a major artery. Only then do you get a "gusher"

Basically, he wouldn't have started oozing until he came to a stop. And because he was dead at the moment of impact, there was no further movement to distribute the blood and make it more visible. So it all flows downward into the soil of the shoulder.
Old 07-02-01, 06:24 PM
edawg
Pole Position

Thumbs up DtEW

once again DtEW.....i am speechless...bravo....!!!!!!
Old 07-02-01, 06:26 PM
SophieSleeps
Pole Position

Sorry, didn't mean it as a disrepect.

I'm an EMT...I see blood fairly often.

If blood is under someone, even though it is pretty viscus, it still spreads pretty quickly, soaks up in clothing and leaves a nasty stain on pavement.

The brachial artery runs down the inner bicep of both arms, and there are the 2 jugular veins and arteries running up into the cranium. Because these parts were severed, the veins and arteries should have run open, spilling lots of blood...

Maybe someone cleaned it... dunno.

But yeah, it is too bad for these people.
Old 07-02-01, 10:18 PM
Mike D
Driver School Candidate

I'm no EMT, but I would think that an accident that would do that to a person would be a 100 to 120 mph kinda thing. I don't know about you, but when I'm doing 120 so is my heart. If anything were to cut into an artery at that time I would bleed out in about 15 - 20 seconds. He probably flew out of the car losing blood the whole time. If there isn't enough blood in the picture, I'm sure a quick look around the interior of the car (what's left of it, of course) would show most of it and then the pavement that he must have slid/scraped/rolled over to come to rest half wrapped around that guardrail post would be where you could find the rest. Just a thought though...

POWERCHUCK RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by EmoDragRacer; 07-02-01 at 10:36 PM.
Old 07-02-01, 10:28 PM
edawg
Pole Position

Lightbulb sophie

sorry for jumping on you liek that but i know how i t feels to lose someone that young abd believe me it get ingraved into your memory...it sounded liek you knew but things liek that dont look very very fake........to me it is very very real..
Old 07-02-01, 10:34 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

SUP MIKE D.... glad to see that you finally joined a FORUM..... two months go by and no IS forums yet... what is with you man... LOL...
Old 07-03-01, 01:28 AM
DtEW

SophieSleeps & Mike D, both of you raise some extremely valid points. However, I think it would be better if we all just accepted the photographs as being genuine, since questioning it would undermine the desireable side-effects of it that must be happening to some degree out there, doncha think?

Anyways, it would have been a very difficult and elaborate hoax were it one, being that I do recognize a genuine cadaver.
Old 07-03-01, 06:09 AM
Mike D
Driver School Candidate

Default Agreed

I agree with eDawg. The pics are certainly not fake. I just hope that's the closest I ever get to a body that is that undone.

Mike D

Quick Reply: Streetracing Fatalities!!!!! Dont Go To This Link If You Are Weak Stomached!!!!