IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

just watched 'the fast and the furious'

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-01, 02:30 AM

well, just go watch the movie. VERY good. too bad the only lexus were a stock black GS and a white GS with the rod millen body kit. very nice cars including a yellow skyline.
all the immature kids who came out after watching the movie were revving their engines on the way out.
Old 06-23-01, 09:11 AM
Accord-R
Rookie

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

That movie was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to see it again tonight! The orange Supra in the movie is my friends car, the dude who is lining the cars up at the desert race wars part is the guy who actually owns the Supra, and the blue Maxima is his wifes car! Everybody must see this movie!
Old 06-23-01, 11:17 AM
El Chino
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dude. it's not what i was expecting.. only base on NOS!!!
but nice kill of the supra and the ferrari!

can say 2JZ RULES!!!!!:eek:
Old 06-23-01, 02:46 PM
is300girl
Rookie

We couldn't even get close to the theater last night! Total traffic jam trying to get in to see The Fast and the Furious. We tried going to another theater to see it, but there were no more shows and there were about 10-15 cops and several ambulances and fire trucks b/c I think someone got stabbed at a restaurant right outside the theater.

Insanity!!!!

I think I'll wait a little while to go see it and give all the rice boys a chance to see first. I don't wanna deal with all the idiot drivers and people fighting.
Old 06-23-01, 06:53 PM
scoot557
Rookie

i hear that is300girl - two theaters at the 11:50 & 12:20 shows were sold out, and all the ricey cars were there to boot. i wasnt hgonna hang around and watch some civic dx peel out
Old 06-23-01, 08:48 PM
Gromit
Driver School Candidate

How was the soundtrack in the movie? For some movies, the music can make or break it.

- tom

Old 06-23-01, 09:19 PM
Izzy300

I just got home from watching, the soundtrack definitely helped set the mood throughout the movie. Might be a good one to keep in the cd changer!
Old 06-23-01, 10:03 PM
TNguyenIS300
Driver School Candidate

Several nice cars in the movie including: 2 RX7 (Red, White), Yellow Skyline, Supra, Ferrari, tons of Civics, Integra and Eclipse. Correct me if I'm wrong BUT I didn't see any MR2 or 300zx. Good movie overall, but I don't like using NOS as a pure power.
Old 06-24-01, 12:29 AM
edawg
Pole Position

Thumbs down fast and furious

Even tho i havent watched the movie i am hearing bad things about it..from what i hear the previews are the best parts of the movie...?
Old 06-24-01, 12:34 AM
scoot557
Rookie

just got back from fast & furious - nice rides, but thats all. this isn't the 'feel-good' movie of the year . its just a bunch of pimped out rides, hey - i payed $9 and was satisfied because i saw a supra smoke a ferrari just my 2¢
Old 06-24-01, 12:40 AM
edawg
Pole Position

id any one of you guys went to the carson meet the orange supra that came out in the movie was there for like ten minz i got to see it up close and man it is a nice supra
Old 06-24-01, 03:11 AM

yeah... it's just one of those movies that was interesting to WATCH (literally). but, even my girlfriend, who thinks fixing up cars is a waste of money, thought it was fun to watch although there isn't much STORY in it.
Old 06-24-01, 11:15 AM
mystic

Default Saw the F&F too.....

.... Yep, It was a good movie But then, on my way home, there was this up-to-no-good-punk-kids in his black Dodge Neon w/ racing stripe (YUCK!) revved his engine at my M3 at the stop light .... And as soon as the lights turned green, I showed him that: You are the weakest link! GOOD BYE!
Old 06-24-01, 11:47 AM
edawg
Pole Position

Thumbs up mystic

same here there is a ugly green neon with a wings west body kit and dual exhaust here and when he reved at me i told him i would race him only if we raced for pinks.....so he turned off ...ha ha ha ha ha
Old 06-24-01, 03:01 PM
scoot557
Rookie

spekain of rice-whips - i was with my friend in his '95 vette w/enough mods, not too many...anyway, this yellow jetta - disgusting 3' wing(probably weighing/slowing it down) and a ricey exhaust + tints pulls up at the lights and starts revving....lmao - me and my friend smoked him...why embarrass yourself.

anyway - this movie makes me wanna street race. kinda like the 'gone in 60 seconds' effect - made me wanna highjack cars(especially the shelby gt500) ...more of my 2¢

ps - when is is300.net coming back??? i miss it and i will host the site myself if i have to

Quick Reply: just watched 'the fast and the furious'