IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

just watched 'the fast and the furious'

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-01, 05:37 PM
mystic

Originally posted by scoot557
when is is300.net coming back??? i miss it and i will host the site myself if i have to

Looks like the dot net is kaput for forever
Old 06-24-01, 05:48 PM
BigDaddyRich
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TicaLis300 and the movie manager organized a great carshow and discount movie passes for us in CT Saturday nite. Our IS's were reppin hard as well a two hooked up GS's, and about 9 New Celicas from the celica.ord board. We rolled in to the VIP Parking bout 25 deep and was the star attraction at the show. Hopefully CruzinIS300 and TiCal will have some pics of the event posted soon. All the guys from NY/NJ/CT and Mass had a great timing meeting eachother once again and representing for our Crew. I had a blast guys.. too bad there were some no sho's. (who shall remain nameless)

The movie could have used some more street racing scenes besides that main first scene with JaRule.

Other than that is was good.
Old 06-25-01, 01:53 PM
Accord-R
Rookie

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

Sorry!!!!!!!!! I was forced to go to my cousins graduation at 10 in the morning. I was going to drive up later too, but I figured it was cancelled because of the wheather.
Old 06-28-01, 03:53 PM
1sickls430
Driver School Candidate

there is 1 lexus sc300 on the desert race wars scene i remeber very clearly it was a white sc peeling out its a very short scene but it shows the sc burning out and racing some other car.1 how is that charger the fastest car in there when that yellow skyline prob could have been the rare and fastest car in there and it never raced but still i love this movie and im going to se it again!!!!!!!!
Old 06-28-01, 03:57 PM
LStyleIS

Just wait for PART 2 the sequel..... haha...

Saw the f and f like 2 months ago...... good huh....

www.NIRA.com
Attached Thumbnails just watched 'the fast and the furious'-paul.jpg  
Old 06-28-01, 06:50 PM
BigDaddyRich
Driver School Candidate

Please be aware that good American Muscle can probably squash an Jap car like that Yellow Skyline. Especially those Tuned Mopar Hemi's (Like the Charger) Dont feel that these Japan Supercar are invincable. I have seen some Old School American Street Rods that wil hand a Skyline it's Azz on a platter.

Dont get me wrong I love those Skylines and shiz, but it was cool to have an old skool muscle car in the movie. It kinda brought old (Charger) and new (Supra) together to say thats where we been, this is where we going.
Old 06-28-01, 09:32 PM
IS300Man
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

best movie i've ever seen, i wish they had a tubro IS with some NOS.
Old 06-28-01, 10:07 PM
DtEW

Originally posted by BigDaddyRich
Please be aware that good American Muscle can probably squash an Jap car like that Yellow Skyline. Especially those Tuned Mopar Hemi's (Like the Charger) Dont feel that these Japan Supercar are invincable. I have seen some Old School American Street Rods that wil hand a Skyline it's Azz on a platter.

Dont get me wrong I love those Skylines and shiz, but it was cool to have an old skool muscle car in the movie. It kinda brought old (Charger) and new (Supra) together to say thats where we been, this is where we going.
Gotta agree. That Midnight Charger was the best car in the entire movie, if you ask me.

The thing is, old-school musclecars rule the quarter through purpose-specific design and an aftermarket that is way more mature than anything we have in the import scene, here or in Japan. Yes, a Supra or Skyline can be made to give a tuned '70's musclecar a good run, but it'll take more money for the same degree of performance, and you'll be hard-pressed to approach the really hard-tuned ones.

OTOH, a '70's musclecar can be tuned to give a Supra/Skyline/WRX/EVO7/whatever a good run for its money on a roadcourse. But like the mirror of the above, it'll take more money to achieve the same degree of performance, and they'll be hard-pressed to approach the really hard-tuned imports.

It's a simple case of different horses for different courses.
Old 06-28-01, 11:16 PM
edawg
Pole Position

as always i have to agree with DtEW...all i can say is

ditto.......