IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

IS300.NET just went down the drain

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-01, 01:51 PM
lexdymndz
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What happened to IS300.NET?
too many trolls and flamers on that board.
its just not the same as it used to be.
anyone else feel the same?
Old 04-22-01, 03:25 PM
Lucky

Lex,
Too true. Although there are ppl like Doug, Smitty and Junedog who are valiantly holding it together (read Doug's latest salvos in the Parking Lot).
I'm gonna start getting ignorant with them who'd hijack is300.net--Those three are good teachers.
You should, too.
Luc(ky)
Old 04-22-01, 04:12 PM
Lexus_IS300
Lead Lap

Originally posted by Lucky
Lex,
Too true. Although there are ppl like Doug, Smitty and Junedog who are valiantly holding it together (read Doug's latest salvos in the Parking Lot).
I'm gonna start getting ignorant with them who'd hijack is300.net--Those three are good teachers.
You should, too.
Luc(ky)
tony should be stricter with people like pureazn, smokinweedblahblahblah, and such. they are just ignorant bastards who have nothing to contribute.
Old 04-22-01, 04:34 PM
Lexus Luthor
Rookie

This board is much more mature and mellow. You don't get jumped on when you say something. It just is not as busy here though.
Old 04-22-01, 04:47 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

I visit the IS300.net forumn occasionally and, while it is a great site, I also found there to be a lot of bickering. There seems to be a trend effecting the Acura TL-S site, and some BMW sites too. This is so commonplace on forums and it angers me so much to see people arguing over such endless wars over cars. I am proud of the quality of ClubLeuxs, very much maturity. You guys are great!
Old 04-22-01, 04:48 PM
mkilty
Lead Lap

Hi,

We have quite a good group of members where we share our experiences with one another. I know that I've learned a lot from the members.

We actually have a ton of traffic just not yet here on the IS board. As I am in the process of buying a manual IS as soon as they are available I hope to learn from other IS owners here on what is the best way to increase the handling and any mechanical problems that might arise.

Old 04-22-01, 06:02 PM
Lexus_IS300
Lead Lap

Originally posted by mkilty
Hi,

We have quite a good group of members where we share our experiences with one another. I know that I've learned a lot from the members.

We actually have a ton of traffic just not yet here on the IS board. As I am in the process of buying a manual IS as soon as they are available I hope to learn from other IS owners here on what is the best way to increase the handling and any mechanical problems that might arise.

my recommendation to u when modifying...and in this order:

1. suspension
2. brake system
3. power performance parts
Old 04-22-01, 11:51 PM
TRDRAV4
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow...was there a mass exodus today from IS300.net? i just decided to post here since my parents got an RX (instead of an IS), so I've got questions. this board feels like IS300.net since you're all there too, and I hope people like pure_azn stay don't lurk around here too.
Old 04-23-01, 12:00 AM
1niceride
Lexus Test Driver

TRDRAV4 - Don't worry about that. We have great moderators here who know how to take care of trouble makers

Old 04-23-01, 12:53 AM
TRDRAV4
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by 1niceride
TRDRAV4 - Don't worry about that. We have great moderators here who know how to take care of trouble makers

cool...nice to meet ya too I should've visited this site long ago since I've had an LS400 in the family for awhile, but the IS was the one that interested me in Lexus and performance. Are there any riceboys that come by here?
Old 04-23-01, 11:37 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by TRDRAV4

cool...nice to meet ya too I should've visited this site long ago since I've had an LS400 in the family for awhile, but the IS was the one that interested me in Lexus and performance. Are there any riceboys that come by here?

Yeah once in a while. Few weeks ago we had a little boy talking smack in the RACING forum. But 1niceride made a good point about moderators, so no worries.

IS300.NET is very similar to the Acura-TL forum. They're very busy, yet filled with people who just flames and messes around. I prefer ClubLexus alot more!
Old 04-23-01, 12:08 PM
edawg
Pole Position

It is a good thing that i like the web site better than is300.net...
Old 04-23-01, 02:01 PM
Lexus_IS300
Lead Lap

i still like IS300.net more (no offense) because its wayy more informative and theres alot of knowledgible minds over there. also the fact that it is purely dedicated to the is300. this site doesnt get mu[ch traffic in the is300 section.
Old 04-23-01, 03:29 PM
Lexus_IS300
Lead Lap

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
Yeah the moderators here kick much a$$!!!!

Why on many a occasion they tell me to "SHUT THE HELL UP"!!!

(keeps me in check)

I love CLUBLEXUS.com!!!!!!

I've checked out Is.net a few times and it seems to me like most don't own one or have any plans (or ambition) to get off they're a$$ and work for one, how unfortunate for the real playas over there trying to bring Lexus enthusiam to another level (like here)!

actually alot of those people do own one. just that the ones that DONT are the ones that are causing trouble most of the time, aka trolls.
Old 04-23-01, 03:53 PM
Marley
Pole Position

Yeah it did. Did you see the parking lot recently.

Quick Reply: IS300.NET just went down the drain