IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

~~~~> 19x8.5 Axis Milano Test Fit PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-21-04, 10:04 PM
YoNadz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ~~~~> 19x8.5 Axis Milano Test Fit PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!

Alright, here are the pictures. Only got 3 of the wheels on because UPS ****ed up the forth one. It's all good though since Axis is shipping one Next Day for me in order to have it by this weekend for Nopi STL. Fitament is pretty good. All four wheels and tires are 19x8.5 with 235/35/19's. The back just BARELY clears the fender lip. When I say barely, I mean BARELY! Probably less than 1mm of clearance. The front rubs the caliper a tad, even with a 3mm spacer. I gotta grind off about a 2mm from the caliper tomorrow so the wheel will clear it. Other than that, it's all gravy. I don't think I am going to screw with rolling the front fenders. As long as I keep the car at the height it is now, I think they will be fine. I will get some better pics tomorrow.

Wheel shot

Comparison shot of the 'old' and 'new wheels

Old 07-21-04, 10:30 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

not bad at all! i definitely like the new wheels more than the old one man! congrats!

but i am kinda surprised that the rear has a tighter fit than the front. i would expect the front to rub first before the rear does.

do you know what offset? 8.5 for the front that's very tight
Old 07-21-04, 10:49 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

it looks 100 times better
Old 07-21-04, 11:17 PM
YoNadz
Pole Position

Originally posted by rominl
not bad at all! i definitely like the new wheels more than the old one man! congrats!

but i am kinda surprised that the rear has a tighter fit than the front. i would expect the front to rub first before the rear does.

do you know what offset? 8.5 for the front that's very tight
All of the wheels are 45 offset. Haven't drove the car down the highway yet. Will do that tomorrow, and let you know about rubbing. I thing as long as I leave the front coilovers set either where they are now, or higher that the front will be fine without rolling the fenders. Back fit like a f'ing glove. 19x8.5 with 235 tires is the ABSOLUTE BIGGEST that you can go in the back w/o rolling the fender. There is seriously less than 1mm clearance between the wheel and fender
Old 07-21-04, 11:30 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

that's very intereting. my friend has 9 +50 in the back, that's pretty much the same as 8.5 +44. so i can understand what kinf of fitment you have there. very good

the front, 8.5 +45 that would be a very tight fit, perfect offset i would say. i am surprised that you are still adding 3mm spacer to it, and you are not rubbing. try to put on the wheels tomorrow and rub around and see if you rub

but either case, looks awesome
Old 07-21-04, 11:57 PM
YoNadz
Pole Position

Originally posted by rominl
that's very intereting. my friend has 9 +50 in the back, that's pretty much the same as 8.5 +44. so i can understand what kinf of fitment you have there. very good

the front, 8.5 +45 that would be a very tight fit, perfect offset i would say. i am surprised that you are still adding 3mm spacer to it, and you are not rubbing. try to put on the wheels tomorrow and rub around and see if you rub

but either case, looks awesome
the front is very tight with the spacer. The tires look like they stick out a bit beyond the fender. I am going to try grinding off 3-5mm from the area the wheel rubs the caliper tomorrow. That way I can eliminate the spacer, and set the wheels in that much further. I will get some closer fitament pics tomorrow.
Old 07-22-04, 12:38 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by YoNadz
the front is very tight with the spacer. The tires look like they stick out a bit beyond the fender. I am going to try grinding off 3-5mm from the area the wheel rubs the caliper tomorrow. That way I can eliminate the spacer, and set the wheels in that much further. I will get some closer fitament pics tomorrow.
good deal just go easy on the test drive and don't scrape the tires and make sure you turn slow
Old 07-22-04, 01:29 AM
darden
Lexus Champion

wow, that was a fast turn around with the pictures. i like the new wheels, but i do like the old ones as well. the new ones definitely scream a diff. vibe.

the one picture with the flash on the front wheel does seem like the tire is sticking out...but it's not in reality right?

that mismatch picture in the end there is kinda funny looking. hehe.
Old 07-22-04, 05:11 AM
Phillzpeed
Rookie

That looks hot!

Man your car is looking sweet. I definately like the new wheels better... and I liked the old ones alot too!
Old 07-22-04, 07:11 AM
YoNadz
Pole Position

Originally posted by darden
wow, that was a fast turn around with the pictures. i like the new wheels, but i do like the old ones as well. the new ones definitely scream a diff. vibe.

the one picture with the flash on the front wheel does seem like the tire is sticking out...but it's not in reality right?

that mismatch picture in the end there is kinda funny looking. hehe.
My camera sucks, I will get some better pics this afternoon and post later.
Old 07-22-04, 08:59 AM
BigJoeD
Pole Position

Im running the same setup except i have Axis Se7en Mods. I have 235/35/19's all around. My front wheels are a +45 offset and I needed a 5mm spacer to clear the caliper. My rear is a +40 because I have the Maxis lip and I needed a 10mm spacer for that. I had to roll my fenders in the rear only because I am dropped over 2 inches and I was rubbing like crazy. I dont rub any more though with 4 adults in the car.
Old 07-22-04, 10:54 AM
Orbie
Driver School Candidate

Lightbulb

What are you doing with your old tires and wheels and how many miles are on the tires? I need to get some tires soon and I like those wheels too...
Old 07-22-04, 11:03 AM
ISfrmHoldn
Driver School Candidate

I like the new rims, I also like the look of the clear lenses in the rear, next to the lic plate. I'd never seen them at night, plus the clear lens looks great with your paint.
Old 07-22-04, 01:35 PM
talgrl626
Lexus Test Driver

so i'm assuming u bought the rims rite? looks hot!
Old 07-22-04, 01:43 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts
Thumbs up

Nice two-tone Let's see some of this kind of paint from the factory, at least as an option........are you listening, Lexus marketers?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ~~~~> 19x8.5 Axis Milano Test Fit PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!