IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model
View Poll Results: Do you think insurance will claim my car is totaled?
Yes
36.36%
No
63.64%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Accident New Is300 Bad

Old 03-13-04, 05:02 AM
JustinK101
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Accident New Is300 Bad

Well, I just can’t believe it. I haven’t even had my 2003 Sport Edition is300 a month and some women pulls out in front of me today. I will let the pictures do all talking. Right now I can’t even believe this is happening, I mean, I love that car, it is my dream car. I seriously baby that car so much it is insane. I just can’t accept it as true, I am seriously going to sleep all day today, and this is very soooo depressing.

Last edited by JustinK101; 03-13-04 at 05:10 AM.
Old 03-13-04, 10:17 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Oh NO. Justin, I am soooo sorry. That sux, big time. What happened? Where were you? How could this happen? Unbelievable. You are okay, though, right? No injuries or anything.
Old 03-13-04, 12:36 PM
JustinK101
Rookie

Unhappy Accident

Yah I am ok, my neck is a little sore but other than that. I still just can't believe it happened. Basically, I was going straight and coming up to an intersection and a woman was in the turn lane to trying to take a left. So after I was in the intersection she pulled out and hit my front; we hit my drivers side, to her drivers side.

This really sucks! So I might be contacting you Elizabeth to get the work done. Do you think the Lexus of Oxnard collision shop is good? Let me know thanks.
Old 03-13-04, 12:46 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Ouch...hope everything will be okay. At least you were able to walk away from the incident w/o any major injuries to say the least. Who's your insurance carrier and who is the other party's insurance carrier?
Old 03-13-04, 12:56 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

All Lexus body shops are good. I would love to have you come here, but it doesn't look like your car is very drivable so maybe you should swing by the Oxnard one since it's closer. Did she admit it was her fault or anything since she was turning left in front of you? Did you have any witnesses or anyone in your car? That is awful. You just barely had that car for such a short time. I'd be royaly po'd.
Old 03-13-04, 01:20 PM
JustinK101
Rookie

I have State Farm and she of course has Mercury . !

Anyway, nobody else in my car or hers. I am assuming it will be determined her fault, I mean I was just going straight on green. If insurance doesnt determine it is totaled, do you know if body shops will install aftermarket stuff. I would like to put a after market front fender, and clear side lights, stuff like that. I just really hope there is no frame damage, cause then if they do fix it, it is never the same.

Last edited by JustinK101; 03-13-04 at 01:24 PM.
Old 03-13-04, 05:31 PM
AA Concepts
Pole Position

Looks like about the same damage mine had and insurance totaled it.

I feel your pain
Old 03-13-04, 06:01 PM
lexi101
Driver School Candidate

im sorry to see and hear about that wow,.........

best of luck to u man
Old 03-14-04, 09:44 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

I am so sorry to see that justin, you are ok tho rite? that's the most important thing. car can be replaced but i feel your pain bro. hope everything goes all right
Old 03-14-04, 07:50 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Justin, by looking at the pics, I would try to get into another new vehicle bro. IMO, the car will never feel or look the same after major body work like that. If the insurance company does not total the car out, you will have to work out a deal with the body shop to install aftermarket bumpers and stuff. The insurance company will only pay for stock OEM pieces however you might be able to work something out with the bodyshop to get the parts you want. Good luck and I'm glad you're okay....
Old 03-15-04, 12:17 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

omg, justin, sorry to hear that i saw the pics and my heart dropped to the floor.... i referred you to eliz, and saw you posting pics happily after you got the car and now it's only a month or so and the car is trashed already, that sux

by looking at the car, i think they will try to fix it, but personally i HOPE they total it. even if it's fixed i don't think the car will drive the same at all anymore. the driver side front suspension is seriously damaged, and the strut tower is ****ed. serious frame damage there for sure. even if the engine is ok, but a lot of stuff including radiator and stuff are gone, and new ones have to go in

even if the car is fixed, i would sell it and get another is300 or so
Old 03-15-04, 11:59 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally posted by rominl
omg, justin, sorry to hear that i saw the pics and my heart dropped to the floor.... i referred you to eliz, and saw you posting pics happily after you got the car and now it's only a month or so and the car is trashed already, that sux

by looking at the car, i think they will try to fix it, but personally i HOPE they total it. even if it's fixed i don't think the car will drive the same at all anymore. the driver side front suspension is seriously damaged, and the strut tower is ****ed. serious frame damage there for sure. even if the engine is ok, but a lot of stuff including radiator and stuff are gone, and new ones have to go in

even if the car is fixed, i would sell it and get another is300 or so
Body shops today...especially with frame rail machines.....can do great reconstruction work.....but in the ultimate sense, Rominl is correct.....usually a car is never 100% the same after a major accident. Sometimes 98%, 99%, but usually not 100%. So I agree that for you it would probably be best if it was totalled. If it is not totalled, then it would be up to you if you feel it is worth it to just take whatever insurance gives you ( and don't let them screw you....make sure the adjuster sees ALL of the damage ) and come up with the difference between that and a new car. If you financed the damaged car, did you have gap insurance?.....That is a factor, too. Gap insurance will pay the difference between what you still owe (if any) and what insurance totalls it for.
If you're NOT satisfied with what insurance gives you, you can, with most companies, appeal it up the management ladder and sometimes convince them that you deserve more, especially if you have
expensive stuff on the car you added.
If you still are not satisfied with the deal, of course, you can always take the case to court and ask a judge for more. California may also have arbitration laws that I'm not aware of back East here.
But....never mind the legalities. the main thing is....YOU'RE OK. That's the most important thing.
And listen...since you're out there in California with Rominl, maybe he or Flip can set you up with " Liz " the honest saleslady that they like so much. Maybe she can get you a great deal on a brand-new one.

Good luck.
Old 03-15-04, 12:42 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally posted by mmarshall
Body shops today...especially with frame rail machines.....can do great reconstruction work.....but in the ultimate sense, Rominl is correct.....usually a car is never 100% the same after a major accident. Sometimes 98%, 99%, but usually not 100%. So I agree that for you it would probably be best if it was totalled. If it is not totalled, then it would be up to you if you feel it is worth it to just take whatever insurance gives you ( and don't let them screw you....make sure the adjuster sees ALL of the damage ) and come up with the difference between that and a new car. If you financed the damaged car, did you have gap insurance?.....That is a factor, too. Gap insurance will pay the difference between what you still owe (if any) and what insurance totalls it for.
If you're NOT satisfied with what insurance gives you, you can, with most companies, appeal it up the management ladder and sometimes convince them that you deserve more, especially if you have
expensive stuff on the car you added.
If you still are not satisfied with the deal, of course, you can always take the case to court and ask a judge for more. California may also have arbitration laws that I'm not aware of back East here.
But....never mind the legalities. the main thing is....YOU'RE OK. That's the most important thing.
And listen...since you're out there in California with Rominl, maybe he or Flip can set you up with " Liz " the honest saleslady that they like so much. Maybe she can get you a great deal on a brand-new one.

Good luck.
haha actually justin he got the car from elizabeth i don't think he needs our help there
Old 03-15-04, 08:19 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

LOL! Yeah...maybe Liz can hook you up with a new 04 Sport Design instead? I finally saw a new 04 at Longo yesterday (Sunday), TCM with the dark graphite 11 spoke wheels.
Old 03-16-04, 04:34 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally posted by rominl
haha actually justin he got the car from elizabeth i don't think he needs our help there
HA HA HA. Then maybe he can get another one from her and get an even better deal. Then she'll have three guys owing her dinner. That's almost as many dinners as people owe ME here in VA....and they're starting to pay up.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Accident New Is300 Bad