New member, waiting for my perfect IS standard

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-15, 06:49 PM
UltArc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member, waiting for my perfect IS standard

Hello all!

I am familiar with forums, but usually fuel efficiency based or the Mustang forum I am on. Little about me- I work in LE, love to push my cars, and enjoy optimizing performance.

I have a 2012 Mustang heavily modified by Roush, and heavily modified myself for aerodynamics. My record (Green Grand Prix 2014) is 48.42 MPG. Not bad for 300+ at the crank! I also have a 2001 Honda Insight, and a 2005. All standards. No auto hate, I just love the engagement and full control on the road.

So why am I here? Well, I am not a certain car guy. Honestly, I never liked a Mustang (other than cool high end models, GTxxx) until the 2011+. I like GOOD cars, be it by unique quality, cool features, whatever they add to the driving experience. Honestly, I have become a Lexus groupie. Quality, reliability, and the Lexus passion. Some people go what the heck at that, but a G37 (q whatever...) is just a 370Z. A TL is just a Honda. But Lexus makes unique vehicles, and often more reliable than a comparable Toyota.

So, I want a standard, don't care how it looks, drives well, some power to get of my own way. Of course, I want an IS-F or LFA with a standard...ha! Even if I could afford the base car, the transmission swap would be too much! So, I am looking for an IS. I am trying to stay 3-5k for my entry into the line. Another member posted theirs for 2.5k...wow, the perfect car for me!

I read the non obvious rules that apply to me- I don't use profanity, and I don't have a for profit business. I don't have a non profit either, but I contribute a lot of aerodynamic links. So why do I do what I do? Anyone cab buy power. Make a bigger, better build. Aerodynamics is a fine tuned hobby, and I can push my car on the streets while staying within the law.

Well, this is getting long. This isn't a WTB advert, just letting you guys know about me

I am in northwestern Ohio, but willing to travel. Looking for an 00-whatever I can afford. Been checking around, and I like the site so far. Sorry, a lot to squeeze in here!