IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

what color?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-10, 12:23 PM
wagomaniac
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what color?

I am going to purchase a sportx but I can't decide which color to choose from, GGP or BO?

I initially liked the GGP but it seems like more than half of the sportx owners have a GGP one. For some crazy idea I don't like having what everyone else already has lol and I haven't seen too many BO sportcross' just shagginwagon. Therefore, the idea of having a BO sportcross has been growing one me.

what do you guys think?
Old 10-01-10, 12:41 PM
sway162
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MSM!!! =)

lol....There are quite a bit of Sportx GGP owners on my.is. Definitely get BO brother, just gotta baby that paint more often.

So what's the details on the two sportcross? What year, mileage? I mean if the GGP has lower miles and better condition you gotta stick with that one right? You could always do custom paint then you will be the only Sportcross in the states with custom paint as I know of. =)
Old 10-01-10, 03:27 PM
wagomaniac
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sway162
MSM!!! =)

lol....There are quite a bit of Sportx GGP owners on my.is. Definitely get BO brother, just gotta baby that paint more often.

So what's the details on the two sportcross? What year, mileage? I mean if the GGP has lower miles and better condition you gotta stick with that one right? You could always do custom paint then you will be the only Sportcross in the states with custom paint as I know of. =)
haha thanks for the input sway!

Theyre both 02 The mileage of the GGP one is at 60k and the BO one is at 86k but the price on the black one is more reasonable Still got to go check them both out in person.

I was thinking about just getting the BO one and if the black didnt grow on me then I would just custom paint it I would like to paint it Black Onyx Pearl from the newer Lexus' but I dont know about spending that kind of money on a depreciating car

But thanks again for you input I have a feeling ima be bugging you for help with things when i get my sportx, if you dont mind lol
Old 10-01-10, 07:36 PM
03LexIS300
Lead Lap

I had a BO 04 is300 one time and I loved the black, but any little blemish showed and it was very hard to keep clean. I would go with the GGP, personally I wish mine was GGP, but I still like mine MSM lol
Old 10-03-10, 01:47 AM
sway162
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kingluis6
haha thanks for the input sway!

Theyre both 02 The mileage of the GGP one is at 60k and the BO one is at 86k but the price on the black one is more reasonable Still got to go check them both out in person.

I was thinking about just getting the BO one and if the black didnt grow on me then I would just custom paint it I would like to paint it Black Onyx Pearl from the newer Lexus' but I dont know about spending that kind of money on a depreciating car

But thanks again for you input I have a feeling ima be bugging you for help with things when i get my sportx, if you dont mind lol
Black is tough to maintain.....and every little thing shows up. If you have the patience and time then go with BO. GGP though at only 60k for an 02 is very low miles.

Hey bro, ask away whenever you got questions....here to help!
Old 10-03-10, 09:45 AM
wagomaniac
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sway162
Black is tough to maintain.....and every little thing shows up. If you have the patience and time then go with BO. GGP though at only 60k for an 02 is very low miles.

Hey bro, ask away whenever you got questions....here to help!
The black one sold, so that's out of the equation. I'm going to wait on the GGP one to see if the seller lowers the price reasonably, if not then I'm gonna be patient, since I would really want a white one.

And thanks for offering your help, I appreciate it