IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

so... apexi n1

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-08, 11:12 PM
3rdelement
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up so... apexi n1

So im rarely in town due to work so i do lots of research when im away from home. i did a local search on craigs list in my local area and found a fellow IS owner sellin some parts. the stainless steel apexi n1 exhaust set, underdrive pully by bomz, and what he called a B pipe.

so i setup a time where i could check out the parts. i ended up with an entire exhaust system from the headers back(i'll be getting megan racing headers shortly) but to my suprise he sold me the megan stainless downpipe, apexi cat, and n1 series muffler for $160. they are in flawless condition. no, i didnt buy the pulley.

i couldnt wait, so i drove to my mechanics shop, we threw my car on the lift and installed the new exhaust. besides some adjustments i am going to make in regards to positioning the tip in the bumper. its great! it has a nice conservative rumble during idle. and really opens up around 4500rpm. what i love about it, is that there isnt a horrible drone to it on the hwy, and my engine seems to respond better. I tried driving without the silencer...and well in colorado springs thats just asking for trouble with the cops.also it looks like i picked up about 2mpg doing 75mph on the highway via the cruise control. very happy with my find. and as soon as i can find a way to record video or audio i'll post up.

anyone else have experience with the apexi n1?

next mods.... aac foglight hid, megan headers, vais ipod adapter, subwoofer reinstall(2 15's) and srt intake
Old 09-09-08, 04:49 AM
Joe$
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats sweet. are you from the springs?
i plan on moving back there after my tour in the army. i like it, its a nice town but your right about the cops there. they care more about stupid car mods than real crimes.

nice find btw.
Old 09-09-08, 07:01 AM
3rdelement
Lexus Champion

yep unfortunately i live in colorado springs. If i could find someone to buy my house ide move back to denver in a heart beat
Old 09-10-08, 04:27 PM
anfro
Driver School Candidate

Apex makes good stuff. I debated getting their WS2 exhaust, but ultimately decided on a Tanabe unit. I would get some new springs and the SRT intake next. The SRT intake sounds great!
Old 09-10-08, 05:20 PM
3rdelement
Lexus Champion

yeah the srt is something im definately interested in. a lil nervous about the piggyback wiring.(where is the ecu you patch into?)

and i would love to run the eibachs again. but right now my driveway has an insanely steep transition from the road....so i cant lower much.

im just happy i got a killer deal and was able to wake up the engine a bit.
Old 09-10-08, 06:15 PM
anfro
Driver School Candidate

Just get the Eibach prokits, they are only a one inch drop. Does wonders for the handling and looks. I run the same springs.

The SRT ecu only consists of a little black box and about 5 or 6 wires to splice into the ECU, found under the hood. Its covered by a black plastic cover, on the right side of the engine bay near the front. The SRT ECU will fit under the cover too so you will never see it.

Its very easy to wire in. If you want some instructions before hand, let me know and I will send you the link on my.is.
Old 09-12-08, 12:09 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bomz makes good inexpensive parts for the 1gen.

So the OP lives by the Air Force Academy? Great area of CO.
Old 09-12-08, 12:12 PM
3rdelement
Lexus Champion

i live down by the river, in a van!

nah, over by the airport on the golf course.
Old 09-18-08, 04:26 PM
roy1928
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my friend has a drift IS, and he has the apexi n1 catback on there with deleted resonators,headers, and no cats, and i just loooooooooove the way it sounds. it's music to my ears
Old 09-18-08, 08:29 PM
3rdelement
Lexus Champion

i love the sound aslo. i need to take it to an exhaust shop and have them adjust the mounts on the rear section. it doesnt sit correctly in the exhaust portion of the bumper unless i use just one rubber mount. once thats fixed ill be satisfied with it.

gotta love the sound though at 4500rpm.
Old 09-18-08, 10:28 PM
rvalero
Lead Lap

All I did to mine was add a couple washers under the hanger bracket to keep the tip from hitting the bumper. Other than that, it is designed to shoot out a little bit sideways.

Old 09-19-08, 07:13 AM
MY2J
Pole Position

Originally Posted by anfro
Apex makes good stuff. I debated getting their WS2 exhaust, but ultimately decided on a Tanabe unit. I would get some new springs and the SRT intake next. The SRT intake sounds great!
their WS2 was by far the best exhaust i've ever owned! at idel you don't hear it and even when driving unless at WOT the car is very quiet. this is a nice set up for those who don't want to get everyones attention. BTW i had SRT/OBX Headers/OBX Y-pipe and it still was quiet!!!

anyways nice find for $160

Old 09-19-08, 01:30 PM
3rdelement
Lexus Champion

where did you put the washers?
the way i remember the mount system is that the car has 2 studs that have 2 rubber hangers. which the exhaust mounts inside.....where did you put those darn washers? im curious now.

and thanks. 160 was a good price!
Old 09-19-08, 05:21 PM
anfro
Driver School Candidate

160 was a steal. I thought $250 for my Tanabe Concept G was a good deal.
Old 09-20-08, 08:06 AM
rvalero
Lead Lap

Adding washers behind the bracket in the picture will drop the tip away from your bumper.

Quick Reply: so... apexi n1