Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX450H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation RX models.

RX450h- 2012 model- Australia- Dead Memory seat butto

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-17, 08:01 PM
amitmunjal
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RX450h- 2012 model- Australia- Dead Memory seat butto

HI

I have tried this (below option) on my 2012 model RX 450H-- Australia, as the Driver side seat memory button is dead (the passenger side works fine)

No beeps when I moved seat to the 4 extreme positions. I have also checked

3 fuses that power this circuit:- 1- 30A POWER fuse, 2-10A DOME fuse, 3- 15A ECU-IG fuse. All good.

I bought this off a dealer (in a different city), second owner, about a year ago and never bothered with this feature until now. Don't know if battery was disconnected or not when this issue may have occured, but also thinking if disconnection of battery will reset other features like power windows etc as read in some other forums.

Any advancements sine last post on how to fix this issue.

Regards
tim

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:Originally Posted by JohnnyCake
Make sure you are in park with ignition ON. Assuming you are....

This sounds like the problem which occurs after power has been disconnected. The seats have to be "re-taught" their limits before the memory will work.

You should check your manual because I think different years have different procedures. Here's a couple posts from another thread:

What you have to do is move the seat back all the way forward using the power seat back switch until you hear a beep , then move the seat cushion back the entire way again using the power seat control, next move the seat cushion all the way forward using the power control. You can now put the seat in the position you desire and push set and #1.

1. Move the seat forward until you hear a beep.
2. Move the seat all the way back.
3. Move the seatback angle switch forward until you hear a beep
4. Move the seat back angle switch all the way reclined.
5. Set the memory now.
Old 01-27-17, 11:54 AM
vlad_a
Lexus Champion

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

This may sound silly, but did you store the seat position into the memory by holding the SET button until a beep and then pressing the memory you want to assign it to?
Also, what do you mean by the passenger side? Memory #2? There is no memory seat function for the passenger, only for the driver.
Old 02-01-17, 02:32 AM
amitmunjal
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vlad_a
This may sound silly, but did you store the seat position into the memory by holding the SET button until a beep and then pressing the memory you want to assign it to?
Also, what do you mean by the passenger side? Memory #2? There is no memory seat function for the passenger, only for the driver.
---------------------------------------

Hi

This setting seat positioning works for passenger side, but the driver side SET button is dead. So can be stored on passenger side not Driver side.

My RX450h has a passenger side SET buttons too.

The Driver side SET and followedby 1 or 2 or 3 does not beep. So cannot set anything. the passenger side works.