Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the GS450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the GS450H. Please use the main 4GS forum for discussion about shared components with other fourth generation GS models.

GS450h F

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-16, 09:51 AM
ADVocate
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Im2bz2p345
Awesome, great to hear!

Yes, the e-CVT and hybrid auto shut off to conserve fuel (and run on battery at lower speeds) is not for everybody!

With gas being relatively "cheap," these days.. hybrids are probably not selling as well as they were.

~ Im2bz2p345
That is true that the engine does shut off at times to save gas. Gas prices may be low"er" now, but that will change over time. Maybe not $5/gallon, but it will go up once the production balance is struck.

Although, with the GS 450h, the objective for me was not entirely about fuel efficiency. The combined power output is 338 horsepower between the gasoline and electric systems. That translates into some pretty decent (and fun) acceleration times. All while still getting around 30 mpg in city, on average. There is an interesting note there about the eCVT. The engine RPM is fixed at 6000 RPM, but the cars speed continues to increase.

There is an interesting youtube video of a GS 450h on the Autobahn (or was it... lol), that has time lapses of 0-60 (5.2sec), 0-100 (12.6 sec) and maxing out at 170 M/hr. Not bad for a "fuel sipper".

Time trials:
Max Speed:

Last edited by ADVocate; 04-05-16 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Added eCVT comment
Old 05-09-16, 07:28 PM
Chilton88
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The Unicorn GS450h F-Sport, HUD, ML, Sepia, carbon fiber trim...etc, yes, 30+ mpg, and 5.6 sec 0 to 60...love it!

The following 2 users liked this post by Chilton88:
Im2bz2p345 (03-22-18), jonathancl (06-27-17)
Old 05-09-16, 07:58 PM
GXtoGStoLS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet car, Chilton88!
Old 05-09-16, 08:34 PM
Im2bz2p345
Instructor

Received 207 Likes on 142 Posts

WOW! WOW! WOW! As if the GS450h F-Sport isn't already rare enough as it is, you have to "one up" us by getting it in USB! lololol.

Congrats Chilton88!! You are one lucky individual. Please post a short review of the car after you get some more miles put on her.

Hope that you truly enjoy one of the most rare 4GS's vehicles in the U.S.

~ Im2bz2p345

P.S. - Add me to your friend's list here on ClubLexus (CL) when you have a chance

Last edited by Im2bz2p345; 05-10-16 at 06:17 AM.
Old 05-10-16, 04:56 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Chilton that is one sexy thing! The car, of course.

And I see triple LED headlights. This is a true unicorn. Congrats!
Old 05-10-16, 09:31 PM
Chilton88
Driver School Candidate

This vehicle is an awesome achievement of science and engineering. The car corners like it is on rails, despite its size. The electric power steering is amazing. Hybrid is awesome. It is well balanced. Acceleration on flat ground and on hills feels like 385 horsepower, with the engine growling even louder on S+, I feel the back of my head being pushed back against the headrest. The comfort and road sound is well dampened by the interior materials and by the amazing suspension system. It is what I've been searching for in vehicles. It is stable on lane changes, quick response, no dipping or swaying on the rear or front. Believe me when I tell you this , I was heading to work one morning, barely 60 miles on the vehicle, and then someone suddenly cuts me off. I was able to avoid collision quickly, last minute directional change and heart pounding moment, and a horn protest. Creature comforts and safety abound in this car. Radar distance and lane drift sensors allows the vehicle to drive itself. Auto high beams, seat temperature adjustments, and seat exit distance adjustments are available as well. OK, the infotainment is overwhelming, Lexus is still trying to keep improving their many steps to get to where you want. For instance, if you want to select Pandora, you have to activate the Lexus Enform, which sometimes starts a different App like
iHeart, or Slacker. Given, Lexus has to deal with many different cellphone manufacturers, these issues can be attributed to that variable. Mark Levinson system, I'm still trying to warm up the speakers. Satellite Sirius XM obviously is not digital, hence we all have been exposed to that level of quality. Streaming Kaskade or Calvin Harris, Prince or Bowie is better...the vehicles color is amazing....there has only been one USB I've seen here in San Diego on an RC F-Sport...,otherwise, I'm on my own element....how long will the feeling last...
The following users liked this post:
Im2bz2p345 (03-22-18)
Old 05-11-16, 06:05 PM
Deven
Rookie

Nice car and nice color. That blue is just stunning.

Love the update of the 2016, the front end looks more aggressive.

Can't tell from the pictures but does it have fog lights? I know the car does not need them, the triple LED are superb, but for esthetic reasons, I kinda like them (but mine don't have them).
Old 05-12-16, 02:23 PM
Chilton88
Driver School Candidate

Hi Deven, I haven't looked if it there are fog lights, yeah, I'm still at awe looking at the car, and just looking at the car. I will check though now that you mention it. The triple LED is a very impressive feature of the car. It automatically turns on high beams in darker roads. I do live in an area where there are still low level lighting for environmental purposes. The high beams automatically turns off with oncoming traffic.
Old 05-12-16, 06:52 PM
Im2bz2p345
Instructor

Originally Posted by Chilton88
Hi Deven, I haven't looked if it there are fog lights, yeah, I'm still at awe looking at the car, and just looking at the car. I will check though now that you mention it. The triple LED is a very impressive feature of the car. It automatically turns on high beams in darker roads. I do live in an area where there are still low level lighting for environmental purposes. The high beams automatically turns off with oncoming traffic.
Hi Chilton,

I would love to see a picture of your triple LED's lighting up an empty road! I have read great things about the upgraded lights.

This "auto" high beam feature is something that I wish my 13' had as well! There are so many places that are not properly lit here in TX.

Glad to read that you're really enjoying the car! Ty for the updates Mr. Unicorn

~ Im2bz2p345
Old 05-12-16, 10:26 PM
Chilton88
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Im2bz2p345
Hi Chilton,

I would love to see a picture of your triple LED's lighting up an empty road! I have read great things about the upgraded lights.

This "auto" high beam feature is something that I wish my 13' had as well! There are so many places that are not properly lit here in TX.

Glad to read that you're really enjoying the car! Ty for the updates Mr. Unicorn

~ Im2bz2p345
That's a challenge, not only is Old Rancho San Pasqual Road dark, there about 4 blind curves with trees, ditches, crumbling hillsides, and crumbling road margins...though you are giving me an excuse to put in a heads up live video camera....my colleague just installed one in his M4, he's such a defensive practitioner, and driver...Amazon here I come
Old 05-12-16, 10:28 PM
Chilton88
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Deven
Nice car and nice color. That blue is just stunning.

Love the update of the 2016, the front end looks more aggressive.

Can't tell from the pictures but does it have fog lights? I know the car does not need them, the triple LED are superb, but for esthetic reasons, I kinda like them (but mine don't have them).
Seven, I looked, there are no fog lights...I might have to do a Mod...lol
Old 05-13-16, 08:14 AM
Im2bz2p345
Instructor

That's a challenge, not only is Old Rancho San Pasqual Road dark, there about 4 blind curves with trees, ditches, crumbling hillsides, and crumbling road margins...though you are giving me an excuse to put in a heads up live video camera....my colleague just installed one in his M4, he's such a defensive practitioner, and driver...Amazon here I come
Thanks! Let me know if it's possible to get a photo or a video of their output in the future.

Btw, do you know if the 2016+ GS450h includes the AFS (Adaptive Front-lighting System)? It's where where the front headlamps turn with your steering wheel so as you go around a bend/corner, it lights up the direction that you're going in.

This was a safety feature included on the 2013-2015 GS450h with the luxury package (so basically included if you have the bi-LED headlamps). Curious if this carried over to the next year.

Thanks,

~ Im2bz2p345

Last edited by Im2bz2p345; 05-13-16 at 09:07 PM.
Old 05-13-16, 08:58 PM
Chilton88
Driver School Candidate

Yes, Lexus Safety System with Triple Beam LED lamps, yes it's a feature installed
Old 10-30-16, 08:08 PM
nicedude
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, Lexus Safety System with Triple Beam LED lamps, yes it's a feature installed
Very nice. Please let me know if you are ready to move on in 2-3 years as I will be ready to purchase this unicorn from you. Haha.
Old 10-14-17, 04:41 PM
ptyae86
Driver School Candidate

I also recently bought a 450h - F Sport however am located in Panama City, Panama. As far as I know there are only 4.

Quick Reply: GS450h F