Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX450H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation RX models.

Moving On...

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-15, 03:25 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Thanks Bert. It's a bittersweet end to a long lineage of Lexus vehicles. Let's hope the Model S exceeds your expectations. And with all the information you've provided on your site, I wouldn't be surprised if a few other loyal Lexus owners jump ship. But remember the door is always open here.
Old 10-22-15, 12:40 PM
vlad_a
Lexus Champion

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

Sorry to see you go Bert! Always enjoyed long reads of your posts.
However, props on your choice! Love it! For those of us obsessed with electric cars, Tesla makes a perfect sense.

I too am not excited with the 4th Gen RX. Lexus still needs to find itself and where it wants to go.
I already jumped ship with my IS300. An Audi has earned my business (after giving Subaru STi a try) and I really like their conservative look.
When we decide to replace the RX, another Lexus may not be the first choice.
Old 10-22-15, 05:10 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts
Default 🚗 ⚡ 🔧 🔨 💣 〽

Sorry to see you go, but here's a parting gift for ya...

Lexus is named the most reliable automotive brand in the USA by Consumer Reports (with Toyota at the #2 position), while Tesla is no longer recommended by Consumer Reports because of below-average reliability.

Consumer Reports Yanks Recommendation for Tesla Model S
Old 10-22-15, 07:06 PM
BertL

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by vlad_a
Sorry to see you go Bert! Always enjoyed long reads of your posts.
However, props on your choice! Love it! For those of us obsessed with electric cars, Tesla makes a perfect sense.

I too am not excited with the 4th Gen RX. Lexus still needs to find itself and where it wants to go.
I already jumped ship with my IS300. An Audi has earned my business (after giving Subaru STi a try) and I really like their conservative look.
When we decide to replace the RX, another Lexus may not be the first choice.
Appreciate your kind words and have always enjoyed your posts. Hope you enjoy that Audi, and who knows, both of us may be back to Lexus one day! Take care.

Originally Posted by NXOwner
Sorry to see you go, but here's a parting gift for ya...

Lexus is named the most reliable automotive brand in the USA by Consumer Reports (with Toyota at the #2 position), while Tesla is no longer recommended by Consumer Reports because of below-average reliability.

Consumer Reports Yanks Recommendation for Tesla Model S
Well, most of the folks that have been around the RX forums for any length of time probably know I'm a pretty detailed guy, a bit of a research hound, and I've tried very hard in my more than 15 years on these boards to present as balanced a Point-of-View as I can. I've sometimes strayed, but hopefully have been clear when I've gone into a more subjective "this is Bert's POV mode".

I'll preface what I'm going to say again with, it will take years for any mfgr to surpass my love and acknowledgement of superior Lexus reliability I've enjoyed (and defend to this day) in the more than 20 years I've owned 5 different models for nearly as long as the brand has existed on this Earth. OTOH, I have no disagreement with what CR did yesterday given their POV and ways of approaching their analysis, but I don't believe it, the press, or various social media probably represent as complete a picture in their bottom-line summaries as to what's really going on as should be -- especially for those of us that are auto enthusiasts or care more about what makes different brands and models tick. I likely would have also taken the summary statements from CR and the dozens parroting it that I've read in the press and social media as the bottom-line truth, and just moved-on as if it were all that needed to be said, except that I have very recently spent 3+ months and hundreds of hours researching EVs, Tesla and Model S before placing my order and taking delivery of my new Model S a couple weeks ago.

Since this isn't our CL Car Chat forum where most anything goes regarding automobiles across brands, I won't take my response here any further except to point readers that may be interested in my POV on this subject to an article I posted last night on my personal website HERE. We can each come to our own conclusions and take the actions or not that are best for us. I remain glad there are as many alternatives as there are today for each of automotive needs and desires.

Warning, that CL Moderators, including myself, will delete any subsequent posts in this thread that may stray too far into a "Lexus vs Tesla" debate so we stay true to the intent of this forum... Lexus RX and RXh.

My best always to all. Miss you!
Old 10-22-15, 10:33 PM
NXOwner
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts
Default From EV Back to Lexus

I owned a 2005 RX up until three years ago, where I went the ⚡ electric vehicle ⚡ route with a lease. The lease ended last month and I came back to Lexus. I couldn't wait to get back!

Since I didn't need the size of an RX anymore, I bought the NX. 👍
Old 10-23-15, 05:02 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

BertL - Congrats on Tesla, a friend of mine has had one for close to two years and loves it..

All the Best..
Old 10-23-15, 05:33 AM
BertL

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by JT4
BertL - Congrats on Tesla, a friend of mine has had one for close to two years and loves it..

All the Best..
Thanks ...and you enjoy that RX. White/Cab is a great combination!