Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2015 up NX300H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the NX300H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other first generation NX models.

Lexus NX - my little review

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-15, 05:45 AM
palmiro
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus NX - my little review

Hi, i'm from Italy....

withdrawn Saturday morning NX 300 Luxury color atomic silver, transparent roof.

I've already made 427 km of which about km 190 in Highway, about KM 130 on normal roads and the rest in the city/short Intercity routes.

Performance are not yet able to evaluate fully, as I have to take a bit of confidence with the gear this ECVT feels the rotation of the motor up sharply but I can't appreciate acceleration (also for the confort) if not watching the speedometer go up to speed. I got to do 3-4 passes in normal road without problems.... just push the throttle, and this already satisfies me. ....

Already consumption interesting, now the CdB tells me the average 6.8 L x 100 km (data at the beginning of post) average speed 52 km/h .... don't believe you can reach 5.2 declared but taking a bit of confidence we can bring. About the driving mode, I confirm that the “standard” is suitable for the "taste of the Guide", and to get good economies. I have noticed that in the city ECO helps to better manage the use of batteries due to minor throttle sensitivity.

I must express strong appreciation for the comforts.....soundproofing at the highest levels ...nowhere near comparable to my old GLK; wanting to be perfect I would recommend Lexus a more effective wheel coating to reduce rolling noise better...... it just nitpicking and.... The absorption of uneven roads is excellent; aside from a slightest hint of body roll (I think inevitable for the height) the handling is excellent and the behavior of the car very predictable and safe.Very comfortable seats (electric with memory and heated/ventilated), and clearly legible instrumentation....... having regard to the characteristics of the car I would have liked a button to switch the display from Radio and Central energy, such as that on Prius Plugin that I had to try for some day ... ... unless my oversights I switch on the radio by pressing the dedicated button but back to "energy" only from the main menu and search for "vehicle" with the wheel..... a bit complicated ... Excellent air-conditioning and controls within reach. ... as explained below, use the dedicated display menu is impractical.

On the latter the menus of the display of the car are complete but the interface seems programmed 10 years ago... too many clicks and masks before you enable/disable something and also the touchpad in my opinion does not change the substance of the criticisms; p.e. was an Odissea pre-program radio stations. Think that would be a simple software upgrade. The Navigator (standard) I still haven't had a chance to try it out, but for graphics/usability above applies.

If I can, I will update this review in a couple of weeks after a use a bit more aware and consolidated ...... it ... certainly a good buy and I would have no doubt in giving advice to friends.

Bye
Old 05-11-15, 06:02 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Benvenuto e tanti auguri per il vostro nuovo NX!

Happy to see you made the switch from MB GLK! Is this your first Lexus?

In case you're not familiar with the "pulse and glide" technique to maximize your fuel efficiency, please read here.: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/hyb...ml#post8829860

Looking forward to future updates from you.

Ciao!

Last edited by corradoMR2; 05-11-15 at 05:51 PM.
Old 05-11-15, 10:09 AM
palmiro
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hello Corrado,
this is my first lexus after 5 mercedes and 1 BMW....great car.....i have see the artcle on pulse and glide, veri interesting.
bye....