Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2015 up NX300H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the NX300H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other first generation NX models.

Purchased Hybrid NX today

Old 12-12-14, 06:51 PM
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Purchased Hybrid NX today

After following the NX threads on this forum for months I purchased a hybrid AWD NX today. I don't have it yet, but I do have the VIN. It's to be at the dealers sometime within the next 4 weeks.

It's the matador red mica with the crème interior fully loaded with the Luxury Package w/NAV and the preferred package. The only extras I purchased was the pre-collision cruise control system, side moldings, and rear bumper protector. Of course it has the BSM and the RCTA. It appears the hybrids are coming into the dealership pretty much fully loaded.

I paid the MSRP for the car but got the moldings and bumper protector at a deal. What clinched the deal for me is what they gave me in trade for our low mileage 2013 RAV4.

Last edited by 4482; 12-12-14 at 07:36 PM.
Old 12-12-14, 07:19 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by 4482
After following the NX threads on this forum for months I purchased a hybrid NX today. I don't have it yet, but I do have the VIN. It's to be at the dealers sometime within the next 4 weeks.

It's the matador red mica with the crème interior fully loaded with the Luxury Package w/NAV and the preferred package. The only extras I purchased was the pre-collision cruise control system, side moldings, and rear bumper protector. Of course it has the BSM and the RCTA. It appears the hybrids are coming into the dealership pretty much fully loaded.

I paid the MSRP for the car but got the moldings and bumper protector at a deal. What clinched the deal for me is what they gave me in trade for our low mileage 2013 RAV4.

Congrats you pulled the trigger. Is it AWD or FWD? Hopefully your 4 weeks goes by quick! And not sure if it's your first hybrid, but to keep yourself busy the next little bit, search "pulse and glide technique" to learn how to maximize your hybrid fuel economy. With a little practice and finding those electric-power "sweet spots" on the NX, you can beat the EPA City rating 35 FWD / 33 AWD speaking from experience with past Lexus hybrids.
Old 12-12-14, 07:45 PM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Congrats you pulled the trigger. Is it AWD or FWD? Hopefully your 4 weeks goes by quick! And not sure if it's your first hybrid, but to keep yourself busy the next little bit, search "pulse and glide technique" to learn how to maximize your hybrid fuel economy. With a little practice and finding those electric-power "sweet spots" on the NX, you can beat the EPA City rating 35 FWD / 33 AWD speaking from experience with past Lexus hybrids.
The NX hybrid is AWD . I was told it could be in anytime before the end of the month or the first part of January. It's my first hybrid so I appreciate the "pulse and glide" advise corradoMR2 !.
Old 12-12-14, 07:53 PM
Phredcat
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After following the NX threads on this forum for months I purchased a hybrid AWD NX today. I don't have it yet, but I do have the VIN. It's to be at the dealers sometime within the next 4 weeks.

Color me envious! You're getting pretty much what I'm waiting for. While I also have the VIN, my dealer advised that my hybrid -- also Matador Red Mica w/crème interior, Luxury package, etc. -- won't be manufactured before the end of December w/ an ETA at the Port of Newark ~ Feb. 7. May be that your dealer is part of a different region. Enjoy and please share photos when you get it.
Old 12-12-14, 07:58 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts

The NX hybrid is AWD . I was told it could be in anytime before the end of the month or the first part of January. It's my first hybrid so I appreciate the "pulse and glide" advise corradoMR2 !.
Yes, this technique is crucial to optimizing your fuel economy. You essentially will learn to drive it differently than a regular gasoline-powered vehicle. Essentially, you accelerate normally to a desired city speed (say 35 mph), release the accelerator pedal for a half second, and quickly but gently depress it such that you only engage the battery/electric motor to cruise at and maintain that speed. Keep an eye on the dash for the Power meter and EV indicator light to learn how and when the vehicle most often goes into that mode with the technique I mentioned, and next thing you know you'll have a blast trying to beat your previous MPG record. It becomes a fun "game" every time you drive your h.
Old 12-12-14, 08:05 PM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Phredcat
Color me envious! You're getting pretty much what I'm waiting for. While I also have the VIN, my dealer advised that my hybrid -- also Matador Red Mica w/crème interior, Luxury package, etc. -- won't be manufactured before the end of December w/ an ETA at the Port of Newark ~ Feb. 7. May be that your dealer is part of a different region. Enjoy and please share photos when you get it.
The last 4 on my VIN is 8639 so I wonder what your last 4 are ?
Being in Ohio I would think mine will be coming in an east coast port also.
Old 12-13-14, 03:45 AM
Phredcat
Driver School Candidate

The last 4 on my VIN is 8639 so I wonder what your last 4 are ?
Being in Ohio I would think mine will be coming in an east coast port also.
The last 4 on my VIN is "CU90" -- it's 17 digits with a lot of letters and a few numbers. I've been told that there are far more 200t models coming through than 300h models, and I've seen this on the small inventory lists online from our local dealers.

The General Manager of my dealer found from discussions at the recent auto show in LA that the "it" color was anticipated to be the Matador Red Mica. My dealer had requested red hybrids, and (so I'm told) that mine was the first one they're getting. Their inventory list online now shows a Matador Red Mica 200t w/black interior, which tells me they've gotten in at least one new vehicle, but that's not what I wanted. When there were two red/crème hybrids that arrived w/the first shipment in Newark that were coming to my area, my dealer attempted to swap for one of them, but they were already "sold" by the other local dealers.
Old 12-13-14, 01:25 PM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Phredcat
The last 4 on my VIN is "CU90" -- it's 17 digits with a lot of letters and a few numbers. I've been told that there are far more 200t models coming through than 300h models, and I've seen this on the small inventory lists online from our local dealers.

The General Manager of my dealer found from discussions at the recent auto show in LA that the "it" color was anticipated to be the Matador Red Mica. My dealer had requested red hybrids, and (so I'm told) that mine was the first one they're getting. Their inventory list online now shows a Matador Red Mica 200t w/black interior, which tells me they've gotten in at least one new vehicle, but that's not what I wanted. When there were two red/crème hybrids that arrived w/the first shipment in Newark that were coming to my area, my dealer attempted to swap for one of them, but they were already "sold" by the other local dealers.
I'm surprised to see the CU90 for your last 4 on the VIN, as the last 7 digits of my VIN are all numbers.

I turned in my RAV4 trade at the dealers this morning. While there I was surprised to hear from the fleet manager that the Lexus NX comes into Ohio from the west coast via train to Chicago, then trucked to Ohio. He said the east coast ports serves the east coast states only.
Old 12-13-14, 02:34 PM
Phredcat
Driver School Candidate

I was kind of surprised, too, but I have a .pdf copy of the MSRP label for the specific vehicle. Not sure what to make of it, but don't want to overthink it either. That the Ohio vehicles come in from the West Coast also might account for an earlier arrival, since mine (and others) have to come through the Panama Canal. Oh well, if it's as great a vehicle as I've been reading, it'll be worth the wait (and a test of my patience). I may have a private buyer lined up for my 2006 RX400h, but will need to drive it until my NX arrives. If not, I'll get quotes from the dealer (part of a national network of other Lexus dealers) and CarMax.