Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX400H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX400H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other second generation RX models.

Check Hybrid System error code

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-14, 05:21 AM
floradita
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check Hybrid System error code

Hello - this weekend we experienced an issue with our 2006 Rx400h system when it failed to start due to a "Check Hybrid system" error code. This is the first time that it has occurred; my wife was driving the car and said she noticed a 'check VSC system' warning before shutting off the car. Since the car wasn't starting at all, I had the thought to disconnect power from the 12V battery and see if that 'reset' things. Luckily for me it did so that I could drive the car home. Unfortunately, when we shut the car off and tried to restart it, the same problem appeared. I went through the same drill of disconnecting the battery and starting the car in order to get it to the dealer. By the way, there were no warning lights (red triangle, etc) when driving the car after the restart.

The dealer has not been able to get very specific with me about the possible source of the issue. They pointed out that the back carpet area was very wet and think there is a source of water leakage that has compromised the battery or computer under the back seat. I told them the water was likely due to rain water getting in that evening as my son had accidentally left the window slightly cracked open (sign -- my luck of course)

Anyway -- they want to remove the carpets (to properly dry off the water), remove the seats, etc in order to get to the traction batteries and computer to check stuff out.

I'd like to understand what suggestions forum members might have for a set of tests they can run to eliminate possible issues. For example, there has got to be a test that can verify if the inverter still operates properly. Similarly, the regenerative braking system should have a way of being tested.

Oh -- I'm at 109K miles so I'm really hoping this is something simple to address and not the expensive options of traction batteries or inverter.

Any thoughts or advice on how to approach this with the dealership?

Much appreciated
Old 04-01-14, 06:03 AM
thomas1
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

would love to have the codes. Mine had a failure and it was the cooling pump on the inverter. Very easy to replace, mounted on the frame just behind the radiator kind of below the headlamp area. (it is an electric water pump) I would ask them for any codes that the inverter generated.
Old 04-01-14, 09:02 AM
floradita
Driver School Candidate

Default Hybrid battery voltage isolation error

Hi -- I got more information from the dealer on the exact codes. They told me that they pulled a code P0AA6/526 HYBRID BATTERY VOLTAGE SYSTEM ISOLATION FAULT

They don't believe there is any issue with the inverter, pump or anything else. They intend to go in and get to the battery and relays to see if there is any evidence of corrosion.

Do forum members know whether this particular code points to a bad battery versus relay?

Thx.

Last edited by floradita; 04-01-14 at 09:26 AM.
Old 04-01-14, 11:00 AM
smassey321
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Googling that code finds lots of interesting reading. Hate to link to just answers but this may not be that bad for you..

http://www.justanswer.com/lexus/7wn2...mpartment.html
Old 10-17-16, 06:15 AM
cezar22
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by floradita
Hi -- I got more information from the dealer on the exact codes. They told me that they pulled a code P0AA6/526 HYBRID BATTERY VOLTAGE SYSTEM ISOLATION FAULT

They don't believe there is any issue with the inverter, pump or anything else. They intend to go in and get to the battery and relays to see if there is any evidence of corrosion.

Do forum members know whether this particular code points to a bad battery versus relay?

Thx.
I have the same problem as you, window open, water in the carpet... Tell me please what they did at the end because now car is pretty far of a real Lexus service and people over there will be pleased to get any good information or ideas.
Old 09-26-17, 08:48 AM
lexusisgs
Advanced

Received 111 Likes on 83 Posts

I had also same problem.I was working on the floor plug under driver side .After I have lifted carpet I was able to get rubber plug on the floor just to feed some wires thru.After I was done can't start the car.Code was P0ae6 and u029a.

there was small orange box under string column on the left side closed to the door,it seams to be loose connection there.

Connected car to Techstream ver.12.10.019 on my laptop and did health check.Codes popped out.
just clear all of them related to the hybrid and voila car was starting again.
I thing it was lost communication with hybrid battery pack sensor module in my case.CLEAR THE CODE AND YOU ARE GOOD TO GO.

OMG i love Lexus for giving me challenge every time.
The following users liked this post:
MzKittii (07-08-21)
Old 07-08-21, 01:47 PM
MzKittii
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by floradita
Hello - this weekend we experienced an issue with our 2006 Rx400h system when it failed to start due to a "Check Hybrid system" error code. This is the first time that it has occurred; my wife was driving the car and said she noticed a 'check VSC system' warning before shutting off the car. Since the car wasn't starting at all, I had the thought to disconnect power from the 12V battery and see if that 'reset' things. Luckily for me it did so that I could drive the car home. Unfortunately, when we shut the car off and tried to restart it, the same problem appeared. I went through the same drill of disconnecting the battery and starting the car in order to get it to the dealer. By the way, there were no warning lights (red triangle, etc) when driving the car after the restart.

The dealer has not been able to get very specific with me about the possible source of the issue. They pointed out that the back carpet area was very wet and think there is a source of water leakage that has compromised the battery or computer under the back seat. I told them the water was likely due to rain water getting in that evening as my son had accidentally left the window slightly cracked open (sign -- my luck of course)

Anyway -- they want to remove the carpets (to properly dry off the water), remove the seats, etc in order to get to the traction batteries and computer to check stuff out.

I'd like to understand what suggestions forum members might have for a set of tests they can run to eliminate possible issues. For example, there has got to be a test that can verify if the inverter still operates properly. Similarly, the regenerative braking system should have a way of being tested.

Oh -- I'm at 109K miles so I'm really hoping this is something simple to address and not the expensive options of traction batteries or inverter.

Any thoughts or advice on how to approach this with the dealership?

Much appreciated

in Response to This My Car Is Experiencing The Same Issue. From it Not Starting to The Wet Stain to The Mechanics etc. Knowing This Happened In 2014 Nd My Car happens To Have Previous Owners I’m Very Tempting To Go On the Ledge Nd Say That This Might Be Your Old Vehicle