Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX400H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX400H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other second generation RX models.

Warranty Services on 2008 RX400H

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-14, 05:35 PM
mian
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warranty Services on 2008 RX400H

Can someone knowledgeable please advise me on what parts of the car are covered so that When I go to the dealership I talk sense.
Just trying to have my car thoroughly checked before all the warranties expire.
Thank you for your help.
Old 02-11-14, 06:29 PM
myw
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

im pretty sure its

4 year/50k miles/80k km - bumper to bumper EXCLUDING wear and tear items (ie. tires, brake pads, rotors etc etc) unless there was some extenuating circumstance in which lexus may do a goodwill replacement. ie. they replaced one of my rear calipers on my small lexus right a few K after the warranty had expired. this is a standard warranty coverage on most vehicles.

for hybrid components your looking at 8 year/100k miles/160k km warranty.
Old 02-12-14, 05:57 AM
smassey321
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Check for pink crust between the engine and transmission. My trans was leaking coolant and was replaced at 75k miles. Check the other end of the engine for pink to make sure the water pump us not leaking. Both are rare but 3 or so people on this forum each had the issues.

Other items replaced before my 100k Lexus care warranty expired include: AC evaporator in the dash. It was blowing white dust on the dash. The front control arms. Hood and hatch shocks. And 1 LED tail light. LEDs are not bulbs and this covered.
Old 02-24-14, 11:05 PM
mian
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by myw
im pretty sure its

4 year/50k miles/80k km - bumper to bumper EXCLUDING wear and tear items (ie. tires, brake pads, rotors etc etc) unless there was some extenuating circumstance in which lexus may do a goodwill replacement. ie. they replaced one of my rear calipers on my small lexus right a few K after the warranty had expired. this is a standard warranty coverage on most vehicles.

for hybrid components your looking at 8 year/100k miles/160k km warranty.
Please accept my thanks for the useful information provided.
Old 02-25-14, 07:32 AM
myw
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by mian
Please accept my thanks for the useful information provided.
no problem, but remember all of this is in the owners manual/maintence schedule booklets.
Old 02-25-14, 05:31 PM
mian
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by smassey321
Check for pink crust between the engine and transmission. My trans was leaking coolant and was replaced at 75k miles. Check the other end of the engine for pink to make sure the water pump us not leaking. Both are rare but 3 or so people on this forum each had the issues.

Other items replaced before my 100k Lexus care warranty expired include: AC evaporator in the dash. It was blowing white dust on the dash. The front control arms. Hood and hatch shocks. And 1 LED tail light. LEDs are not bulbs and this covered.
Thank you for the usefull tips provided. I am planning to take my vehicle in for thorough check up for all warranted parts before the warranty expires, just waiting for the deep freeze to cool it a bit!
I have already had my water pump replaced together with timing belt not long ago , all of it was done under warranty except the dealer charged me the cost of timing belt and asked me get in touch with US lexus to have it reimbursed. I did contact Lexus US but as soon as they found out that I was not in US they were all that interested to help me . Since it was less than $100 I have decided not to waste my time with them.
It appears that lexus warranties are not the same for each market , Thanks.
Old 02-26-14, 11:32 AM
myw
Pit Crew

in the grand scheme of things its no big deal. im actually surprised they would do it under warranty, wouldnt the standard drivetrain warranty run out for your car in 2012??

Originally Posted by mian
Thank you for the usefull tips provided. I am planning to take my vehicle in for thorough check up for all warranted parts before the warranty expires, just waiting for the deep freeze to cool it a bit!
I have already had my water pump replaced together with timing belt not long ago , all of it was done under warranty except the dealer charged me the cost of timing belt and asked me get in touch with US lexus to have it reimbursed. I did contact Lexus US but as soon as they found out that I was not in US they were all that interested to help me . Since it was less than $100 I have decided not to waste my time with them.
It appears that lexus warranties are not the same for each market , Thanks.
Old 03-18-14, 09:34 PM
mian
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by myw
in the grand scheme of things its no big deal. im actually surprised they would do it under warranty, wouldnt the standard drivetrain warranty run out for your car in 2012??
Thank you for the usefull tips provided. I am planning to take my vehicle in for thorough check up for all warranted parts before the warranty expires, was just waiting for the deep freeze to cool it a bit! It promises to be good day weatherwise here in Toronto today.
I have already had my water pump replaced together with timing belt not long ago , all of it was done under warranty except the dealer charged me the cost of timing belt and asked me get in touch with US lexus to have it reimbursed.

Today I will be taking my 2008 RX 400 H for the IPM recall rebuild / repair to Lexus ON The Park dealership here in Toronto Canada.

For those people who have had this repair done can they help me with the list of things to look out for and sensible questions to ask about this repair. Please list those questions to help me get through this process. I value input from my fellow lexus owners in this regards.

Thanks.
Old 03-18-14, 10:40 PM
myw
Pit Crew

lol to be honest i just dropped off the car.

when you get your car back the battery will have been disconnected you will have to reset the passenger as well as both rear windows and the sunroof as well. i would tell the lexus dealership to do it so you dont have to bicker with it.

i think thats about it.