Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX400H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX400H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other second generation RX models.

Yellow arrows on when standing at red light

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-14, 01:46 AM
richkan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yellow arrows on when standing at red light

Hi,

first of all thanks for reading my post.

Two days ago - after waiting for my wife for about 30 minutes with the radio on and with a phone on the charger in the car - I got the "check VSC system message". I could drive home safely (about 10 miles). After about 10 minutes I checked the car again and the error message disappeared, I even went for a short 2 minutes ride, everything was ok.

I called my Lexus Service and they told me: "It was probably the 12V battery, next time leave the car in "ready" when waiting for a longer period of time"

The car seems just fine since that occassion. The only thing I noticed is that when I am standing at a red light with the car in "D" position in about 50-60% of the times I can see all the yellow arrows on as if I was driving slowly in pure electric mode (yellow arrows are pointing to both the front and back tires) instead of just showing nothing at all. Petrol engine is silent.
When I put it in "P" the yellow arrows dissappear.

Otherwise the car seems normal even on the red lights, I dont feel anything happening, it is just the screen that is showing the yellow arrows. If there was no screen at all, I would not notice any difference at all.

After calling the service again, they told me not to worry about this, the system should work fine and this is not an error. Do you guys have experienced similar things?

Thanks