Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the GS450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the GS450H. Please use the main 3GS forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation GS models.

New lexus GS-Questions-Comparisons

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-14, 12:56 PM
TexGS450
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New lexus GS-Questions-Comparisons

I've been wanting a lexus GS since the GS400. I've had my 2007 Lexus GS450h for about a week. The car has 60k miles and I got it for $20k which seems like a good deal because the dealer was asking close to $26k online. The car has all the options avaliable: ML/Nav/Pre-collision/Adaptive Cruise Control/APSSS-- just wish I had the owner's manual so I could know how to use all the features. I have no complaints about the car other than I'm not to fond of the stock wheels. I wish it came with the 06 GS430 5 spoke wheels, so eventually i'll get around to trading the stock wheels. My only concern is having to replace the battery pack, but reading through the forum has made me feel more comfortable about the longvevity of the hybrid system. Also, it seems on short drives, the battery depletes quickly.

Comparison to previous vehicles.
1987 BMWis (manual)-- first car handed down to me
1993 Honda Accord SE
2002 Nissan Maxima SE (auto)
1991 Lexus LS400
1991 Acura Legend LS (auto)
2003 infiniti G35 (auto)
2003 BMW 325I (auto)
2007 GMC Yukon-- still own
2008 infiniti g35 (auto)-- still own

As you can see, I've driven/owned alot of vehicles. This car by far has the smoothest ride and is of course the fastest 0-60 and just overall push you back in your seat acceleration. I still prefer the heavy steering feel and highway handling of the 08 infiniti g35. It just seems to give you more road feel as the lexus seems to provide the more isolated drive, but maybe that's because i've driven the infiniti more. I must say the 1987 BMW 325is was the most fun to drive; although i hated driving a manual at first plus i hated cleaning the BBS style wheels.

Questions:
Remote Start: Has anyone installed a remote start ( factory or aftermarket) on their GS450? How well does it work? Does is mess up anything or void some type of warranty? Does having it install make certain repairs more difficult or cost more?

APSSS: Does having APSSS require run-flat tires? Could i just put the stock 5 spoke 06 GS430 or 08 GS350/460 on my run-flat tires?

If i'm flooring it on the highway, how long does it take for the battery to deplete? How long does the battery last during normal driving.

Anyone know where i can get a owner's manual for the GS450h.
Attached Thumbnails New lexus GS-Questions-Comparisons-front-pic.jpg   New lexus GS-Questions-Comparisons-side-pic.jpg   New lexus GS-Questions-Comparisons-interior-pic.jpg  
Old 01-07-14, 03:25 PM
LovezLexus
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello TexGS450 and welcome to Club Lexus. The GS450h is a good choice and it looks like you got a great deal on it too! Now regarding your questions:

Remote Start: Has anyone installed a remote start ( factory or aftermarket) on their GS450? How well does it work? Does is mess up anything or void some type of warranty? Does having it install make certain repairs more difficult or cost more?
Can't answer this one because I don't have it but I don't think that it'll void warranty or make repairs difficult on the car.

APSSS: Does having APSSS require run-flat tires? Could i just put the stock 5 spoke 06 GS430 or 08 GS350/460 on my run-flat tires?
I don't think run-flats are required.

If i'm flooring it on the highway, how long does it take for the battery to deplete? How long does the battery last during normal driving.
I don't know about flooring it as I've never tried it, but I would assume 30 seconds or so. The battery shouldn't deplete during normal driving. It will recharge when you press the brakes or when the car is rolling without pressing the gas.

Anyone know where i can get a owner's manual for the GS450h.
Register on mylexus.com and you can order a manual for free.
Old 01-07-14, 05:43 PM
Coolpop
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn, wish you lived closer. I have the 5 spoke wheels on my 450h and I'd rather have the stock wheels. Wonder if there's any way to get this done...
Old 01-08-14, 11:48 PM
Cwiok71
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TexGS450
If i'm flooring it on the highway, how long does it take for the battery to deplete? How long does the battery last during normal driving. .
At highway speeds you really don't use the hybrid battery, but braking after flooring it would certainty charge it back up.

*edit
Hmmmmm... Maybe I was wrong-

Last edited by Cwiok71; 01-08-14 at 11:55 PM.
Old 01-09-14, 06:22 AM
L8Apex
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Did you really just do 160mph?

Welcome Tex.
No need for Run flats w APSSS. That system controls sway to keep the car flat. Having different tires and or rims wont effect the system as they have nothing to do with the sensors.

Ditto on the manuals. But if you have trouble drop me a line as I have an extra set.

PS your car is exactly like mine.
Old 01-10-14, 04:28 PM
TexGS450
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for all the responses. I actually learn something new everyday about the car.

@Coolpop- 7hrs drive would be the half way point between us!.