Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the GS450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the GS450H. Please use the main 3GS forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation GS models.

Dealer wants $8K to replace hybrid battery

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-16, 05:17 AM
Brooklyn1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My story

I'm thrilled to find that I am not the only one who bought the 600 LH! I live in New York and I have never seen the car (other than mine) in the eight years that I've owned it. I bought the car because I wanted all-wheel-drive and the LS 460 didn't offer it until a year or two later. I paid $135,000 by getting get at an auction for a charity because it was not yet available at the dealer.
I have several questions and hope that someone can help me.
1. Has anyone had any problems with the heater and air conditioner? About three years ago the air-conditioner started blowing warm air. I I know that it has nothing to do with the Freon because the problem is intermittent; sometimes it blows very cold air and sometimes it blows cool air but does not get cold. Last winter I had the same problem with the heat, it usually blows cool air (even when I toggle off the AC on the display) occasionally, usually when I go on highway at high-speed does it blow warm air.

2. The radio (including the Bluetooth when I'm on the phone) cuts out for a few seconds every few minutes. Also, the display (map & rear camera) sometimes gives me horizontal lines & nothing else.

Has anyone had any of these issues? Also, does the battery that starts the car have the 8 year warranty? Or just the Hybrid battery? I am afraid of taking it to the dealer because I cannot afford their hourly "diagnostic" testing to try to find solutions to my issues.

Thank you to anyone who may have experienced these issues & has any answers.
Old 07-02-16, 03:53 PM
amdaxiom
Driver School Candidate

Glad to hear the original poster got the battery covered being out of warranty by 1100 miles. I just brought my 2008 GS450H into the shop today with 100,350 miles. But it's close to 8.5 years so over mileage as well as over 8 years.

In case I have to pay full price do people just contact Corporate Lexus themselves or do they push the dealers to do so? I tried to find contact info and just see a number on Lexus' website - 1-800-255-3987. Any better numbers to call that people know about?
Old 07-07-16, 05:26 PM
amdaxiom
Driver School Candidate

Just a note - call that 800-255-3987 number to put in a request for assistance in situations like this. I was out of warranty by a few hundred miles and 8 months. They talked with my service advisor at Newport Lexus to get specifics on the car, service history, etc. and they ended up as goodwill offering to pay for half of the cost of the parts. Pretty generous of them in my opinion. That is almost 9 years later now that I think about it. The car still feels new to me, I can't believe it's almost 9 years old now. Wow.