-Recalls? - Club Lexus Forums


-Recalls?

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-26-13, 08:50 AM   #1
Alexbenz
Lead Lap
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: ca
Posts: 607
Default -Recalls?

I've recently read lexus had an recall sent out for the 06-07 400h for the inverter issue which can be pretty expensive to fix outside of warranty. is this true? So far that's the main issue i've heard with consumers and the 400h...I see mixed reviews of mpg's but that's not my concern anymore.

I had a recall issue with my ES and the local lexus dealership provided no help so instead of waiting i fixed it at my indy shop since it wasn't too expensive but wanted to know about this inverter issue and if it goes by vin or in general.

Thanks
Alexbenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-13, 09:12 AM   #2
thomas1
Lexus Champion
 
thomas1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Sacramento, California
Posts: 2,650
Default

read this thread:
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/hybr...us-recall.html
It does go by vin numbers.
thomas1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-13, 11:01 AM   #3
Alexbenz
Lead Lap
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: ca
Posts: 607
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas1 View Post
read this thread:
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/hybr...us-recall.html
It does go by vin numbers.
thank you

so it'll be a hit or miss depending on the rx i purchase then?

What happens if the inverter went out but my vin wasn't on the list?
Alexbenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-13, 01:29 PM   #4
thomas1
Lexus Champion
 
thomas1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Sacramento, California
Posts: 2,650
Default

From what I see the first recall did a group of cars and now the second recall is picking up the rest. Print out the vin chart from the NHTSA and research whether it is an effected car.

Based on production records, we have determined the involved vehicle population as in the
table below.
Make/ Model Manufac- VIN Production
CarLine Year turer VDS VIS Period
60001012- 60033951
Toyota/
2006-
70016487- 70050064 February 16, 2005
Highlander
2010
TMC #W##A 82000108- 82025892 through
HV 92025893-92037778 July 29, 2010
A2037352- A2048651
60001 007 - 60049412
Lexus/ 2006-
62000103- 62007397 February 23, 2005
RX400h 2008
TMC #W31U 72000995- 72039945 through
82005871-82071867 December 2, 2008
82850001-82867597
Note: Although the involved vehicles are within the above VIN range, not all vehicles in this
range were sold in the U.S.
thomas1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-13, 06:35 PM   #5
Alexbenz
Lead Lap
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: ca
Posts: 607
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas1 View Post
From what I see the first recall did a group of cars and now the second recall is picking up the rest. Print out the vin chart from the NHTSA and research whether it is an effected car.

Based on production records, we have determined the involved vehicle population as in the
table below.
Make/ Model Manufac- VIN Production
CarLine Year turer VDS VIS Period
60001012- 60033951
Toyota/
2006-
70016487- 70050064 February 16, 2005
Highlander
2010
TMC #W##A 82000108- 82025892 through
HV 92025893-92037778 July 29, 2010
A2037352- A2048651
60001 007 - 60049412
Lexus/ 2006-
62000103- 62007397 February 23, 2005
RX400h 2008
TMC #W31U 72000995- 72039945 through
82005871-82071867 December 2, 2008
82850001-82867597
Note: Although the involved vehicles are within the above VIN range, not all vehicles in this
range were sold in the U.S.
Thank you for the info
Alexbenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-13, 01:32 AM   #6
Alexbenz
Lead Lap
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: ca
Posts: 607
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas1 View Post
From what I see the first recall did a group of cars and now the second recall is picking up the rest. Print out the vin chart from the NHTSA and research whether it is an effected car.

Based on production records, we have determined the involved vehicle population as in the
table below.
Make/ Model Manufac- VIN Production
CarLine Year turer VDS VIS Period
60001012- 60033951
Toyota/
2006-
70016487- 70050064 February 16, 2005
Highlander
2010
TMC #W##A 82000108- 82025892 through
HV 92025893-92037778 July 29, 2010
A2037352- A2048651
60001 007 - 60049412
Lexus/ 2006-
62000103- 62007397 February 23, 2005
RX400h 2008
TMC #W31U 72000995- 72039945 through
82005871-82071867 December 2, 2008
82850001-82867597
Note: Although the involved vehicles are within the above VIN range, not all vehicles in this
range were sold in the U.S.
Thomas do you know under the recall if the inverter is covered for lifetime warranty?
Alexbenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-13, 07:00 AM   #7
thomas1
Lexus Champion
 
thomas1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Sacramento, California
Posts: 2,650
Default

Don't know, but I suspect the answer is no.....
thomas1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-13, 02:29 PM   #8
Alexbenz
Lead Lap
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: ca
Posts: 607
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas1 View Post
Don't know, but I suspect the answer is no.....
Not good if that's the case...if it ever fails again its still going to cost a lot...
Alexbenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-13, 07:01 PM   #9
maseace
Pole Position
 
maseace's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: WA
Posts: 201
Default

Recalls (which are issued for safety-related defects) are free under warranty, no matter how old the car is.
maseace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-13, 08:33 PM   #10
Alexbenz
Lead Lap
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: ca
Posts: 607
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maseace View Post
Recalls (which are issued for safety-related defects) are free under warranty, no matter how old the car is.
I know that but the question is will the recalled part be under warranty afterwards
Alexbenz is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to add factory inverter bobbyster GX - 2nd Gen (2010-present) 8 09-03-14 09:05 AM
How wide spread is the faulty inverter issue? HowdyAudi Hybrid Technology 9 08-10-14 02:13 PM
2007 400h, 46,800, leaking water pump vjhig Hybrid Technology 4 04-16-14 02:05 PM
Keep '08 RX400h or Upgrade? phungy Hybrid Technology 17 01-20-14 09:20 PM
Have deposit on 2006 400H - What do I need to know? ccm241 Hybrid Technology 4 12-05-13 10:44 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:41 AM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved