Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX400H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX400H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other second generation RX models.

Lexus Recall

Old 11-14-13, 04:40 AM
thomas1
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

My appointment is 1/16/2014 earliest dealer could do it.
Old 11-14-13, 03:41 PM
Dadikins
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess I got lucky with the appointment.

I made an appointment for yesterday for service & mentioned the recall. They told me that the part(s) won't be in until next week.

My appointment is on Wednesday - they assured me that the part(s) would be there.

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
Old 11-14-13, 05:18 PM
Weighit
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I got the notice in the mail last Friday, called Monday and have an appointment next Tuesday. My adviser said to come in with a low fuel tank as they are filling the gas tank after the repairs are complete! I will get a loaner car and some fuel too, not bad.
Old 11-14-13, 09:34 PM
jakenbake
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Next tuesday?! They couldn't get me in until December 27th.
Old 11-15-13, 07:06 AM
Weighit
Driver

My adviser said he could have got me in today but since I didn't care when I got in we made it for next week. Plus when he said they were going to give me gas I needed the extra days to use up the fuel I had just put in.
Old 11-15-13, 11:50 PM
vandoc
Driver School Candidate

Had the recall performed yesterday. Lexus El Cajon in San Diego came to my house and dropped off a brand new 450h loaner, and picked up my 400h. They came back in the afternoon to my house to drop off my 400h and pickup the loaner. Boy, the new 450h sure is nice! I was kinda hoping they would take longer so I could put the loaner through a good test drive. It was strange to not meet the service advisor in person.
Old 11-16-13, 07:21 AM
kknguyen11
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vandoc

that is so nice, the one in Kerney Mesa do not have part until Nov-09, can you tell us what exactly they change?

V/r

Khoi nguyen
Old 11-16-13, 09:51 AM
vandoc
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kknguyen11
Vandoc

that is so nice, the one in Kerney Mesa do not have part until Nov-09, can you tell us what exactly they change?

V/r

Khoi nguyen
They replaced the IPM transistor power module, 04001-29148.
Old 11-16-13, 10:00 AM
vandoc
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kknguyen11
Vandoc

V/r

Khoi nguyen
And 2 tubes of special Toyota Lexus proprietary grease 08887-02409
Old 11-16-13, 02:51 PM
sammyjo
Driver School Candidate

I received the recall letter a week or two ago. Called today and they took me right way. Replaced the IPM transistor and used 2 tubes of grease. No charge for the brand new RX350 loaner.

All very easy and pleasant!
Old 11-17-13, 10:14 PM
lexsane
Pole Position

Mine is going in Wednesday. They said will take all day. Getting a loaner. Will they give gas as well?
Or only certain dealerships do that?
Old 11-18-13, 06:49 AM
Weighit
Driver

Originally Posted by lexsane
Mine is going in Wednesday. They said will take all day. Getting a loaner. Will they give gas as well?
Or only certain dealerships do that?
I will ask about the gas replacement and see if it is just a part of the country or all dealers are allowed to full ya up. I have a hard time believing that it is just my dealer, but I guess it is possible that if you bought there they are going a bit farther in trying to keep you as a customer when the next purchase happens. Will post tomorrow the out come.
Old 11-18-13, 01:00 PM
maseace
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Weighit
I will ask about the gas replacement and see if it is just a part of the country or all dealers are allowed to full ya up. I have a hard time believing that it is just my dealer, but I guess it is possible that if you bought there they are going a bit farther in trying to keep you as a customer when the next purchase happens. Will post tomorrow the out come.
The dealer says the free gas is part of the recall. My dealer also gives you 1/2-tank of free gas in the loaner vehicle - not sure how standard that is.
Old 11-20-13, 07:46 PM
Weighit
Driver

Got the car back today, they kept it overnight and called this afternoon and said it was all set. Filled the car up, washed it and had it all shiny waiting for me. My adviser said all the cars in for the recall are to get the fill up on gas. I was given a 2013 RX 350 and it felt much bigger, quieter and as peppy as the 400. Feeling the trans shift was something I have not felt since buying the 400H. I was getting decent fuel mileage of 23.3 for my time behind the wheel, not bad, actually a real nice vehicle.
Old 11-24-13, 01:27 PM
jtaylor3
Rookie

Originally Posted by maseace
The dealer says the free gas is part of the recall. My dealer also gives you 1/2-tank of free gas in the loaner vehicle - not sure how standard that is.
Our dealer didn't provide any free gas when we brought our RX400 in for its recall. Their service has really gone down hill recently. Not only did they forget to reset the windows on the car, but they charged us twice for oil on the invoice (we had the 75k service done at the same time). If they overcharge us for the third time in a row, I'm going elsewhere.

Jeff

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lexus Recall