Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX450H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation RX models.

Joined the club - RX450h

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-12, 06:04 PM
eengmd
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Joined the club - RX450h

Thank you contributors to this forum. I have found this forum and the hybrid sub-forum incredibly helpful in helping me decide on my new purchase. I have learned about gas, mileage, reliability, subtle faults, and all the amazing features through this site. This site helped me pick the features I wanted as well.

I am now 1000 miles into my 6 week old Rx 450h, matador red. I absolutely love this car. I am getting 29mpg and live in a mountainous area. The milage thread taught me "how to drive" my hybrid.

I also wanted to give a shout out to Pohanka Lexus (outside of DC), specifically DJ. The Lexus difference was evident from the get go. Even buying the car was a painless process. I actually bought the car without stepping into the dealership. DJ and Pohanka offered me a great price that even my local Lexus dealership could not even come close to matching, and he drove the car to me! Pohanka and DJ were incredibly timely, prompt to respond, and did not waste a minute of my time. There is truly a Lexus difference all the way from sales to the minor details within the car itself.

I'm proud to be a new member to Club Lexus. Thank you members for your contributions to this forum and the knowledge it gave me. I look forward to continually lurking and occasionally contributing.
Old 06-05-12, 06:39 PM
BertL

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Welcome to the family. Great to hear of your super first experiences. May there be may more to come!
Old 06-05-12, 07:41 PM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Eugene, welcome to C/L. You've got a fine ride and a great color, it was my 2nd choice and sometimes when I see a really clean one I wish I'd have made it the primary choice.

And good things to say about your dealer. You should probably copy the link to this thread and send it to your sales rep. Never know what goodies they may provide for the nice word you gave them .

You have lots of car to enjoy, I'd highly recommend you read as much of the techy stuff in the manual as your eyes can stand because it will pay off.

Stay in touch
Originally Posted by eengmd
Thank you contributors to this forum. I have found this forum and the hybrid sub-forum incredibly helpful in helping me decide on my new purchase. I have learned about gas, mileage, reliability, subtle faults, and all the amazing features through this site. This site helped me pick the features I wanted as well.

I am now 1000 miles into my 6 week old Rx 450h, matador red. I absolutely love this car. I am getting 29mpg and live in a mountainous area. The milage thread taught me "how to drive" my hybrid.

I also wanted to give a shout out to Pohanka Lexus (outside of DC), specifically DJ. The Lexus difference was evident from the get go. Even buying the car was a painless process. I actually bought the car without stepping into the dealership. DJ and Pohanka offered me a great price that even my local Lexus dealership could not even come close to matching, and he drove the car to me! Pohanka and DJ were incredibly timely, prompt to respond, and did not waste a minute of my time. There is truly a Lexus difference all the way from sales to the minor details within the car itself.

I'm proud to be a new member to Club Lexus. Thank you members for your contributions to this forum and the knowledge it gave me. I look forward to continually lurking and occasionally contributing.
Old 06-06-12, 09:03 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

eengmd, I moved you over to the hybrid forum.

Congrats on your 450h. Pictures are mandatory around here So be sure to post some soon along with more details about what options you picked on your matador red RX here. And don't be a stranger.
Old 06-08-12, 04:22 AM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

congrats on the RXh. It's a beautiful color, but be careful of the free Lexus car washes as they can easily leave swirls on the shiny pain job.
Old 06-29-12, 09:34 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts

Congrats!
Old 07-25-12, 07:21 AM
V1VrV2
Driver School Candidate

Congrats - Matador Red is a great color for the RX!