Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX450H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation RX models.

450h with LED lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-12, 09:44 AM
bam
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 450h with LED lights

For those with a 450h and the LED light option, did you buy your vehicle off the lot or did you special order your car? At least on the west coast, it doesn't seem that the cars for dealer lots were order with LED lights and so you'd have to special order your car if you want that option.
Old 03-15-12, 10:06 AM
BertL

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

That is correct, at least here in SoCal. My dealer says it's very rare to see options such as these, HUD, luxury package, and PCS/Radar cruise control unless special ordered. As a side note, while 2012 LED headlights were supposedly an independent option and not part of any package according to the 2012 brochure and/or website, when one ordered the luxury package, the dealer was forced by the NA ordering system to add the LED headlights at the same time. Note in the 2013 spec sheet the LED headlights are now listed both independently and as part of the luxury package. I've got the luxury package as part of my 2013 special order, so don't know about the flip scenario when trying to order independent LED headlights.
Old 03-15-12, 10:12 AM
bam
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BertL
That is correct, at least here in SoCal. My dealer says it's very rare to see options such as these, HUD, luxury package, and PCS/Radar cruise control unless special ordered. As a side note, while 2012 LED headlights were supposedly an independent option and not part of any package according to the 2012 brochure and/or website, when one ordered the luxury package, the dealer was forced by the NA ordering system to add the LED headlights at the same time. Note in the 2013 spec sheet the LED headlights are now listed both independently and as part of the luxury package. I've got the luxury package as part of my 2013 special order, so don't know about the flip scenario when trying to order independent LED headlights.
do you have the awd or fwd on order?
Old 03-15-12, 10:16 AM
BertL

Originally Posted by bam
do you have the awd or fwd on order?
Nebula Gray/Parchment, AWD, Nav, Premium, Comfort & Luxury Pkgs, Mark Levinson, Towing, Intuitive Parking Assist, HUD, PCR. Open question is if "wide view side monitor system" that was part of 2012 luxury package is still available -- it does not appear in 2013 spec sheets linked to from this site shortly after Geneva announce.

I should add that that if anyone is looking for that configuration less PCR, in a 2012, it should have hit Long Beach yesterday and my name is no longer on it.

Last edited by BertL; 03-15-12 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Added reference to 2012
Old 03-15-12, 10:17 AM
bam
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BertL
AWD, Nav, Premium, Comfort & Luxury Pkgs, Mark Levinson, Towing, Intuitive Parking Assist, HUD, PCR. Open question is if "wide view side monitor system" that was part of 2012 luxury package is still available -- it does not appear in 2013 spec sheets linked to from this site shortly after Geneva announce.
Do you know if your headlights still have the AFS feature as the press release didn't mention the feature but didn't also say that it was removed?
Old 03-15-12, 10:47 AM
BertL

Originally Posted by bam
Do you know if your headlights still have the AFS feature as the press release didn't mention the feature but didn't also say that it was removed?
AFS is also an unknown -- I'm hopeful the 2013 still has it, as I really like it with the Bi-Xenon's on my RX400h and specifically called it out as a desirable feature of my 2012, but if it's not there, well, I'll take the 2013 anyway. I really didn't want LEDs on my 2012 as I thought the $1K delta over Bi-Xenon's too much money for just the look, when I know I'll likely never use the auto bright light dimmer feature or washers except to show off or play with it when I'm bored some time, but was forced into the packaging on the 2012 and it will be the same with 2013. Honestly, I had more info on the 2013 than my dealer last week, provided them the links to announcements and pictures, and a spreadsheet of options/packages I had ordered on my 2012, mapped against the new 2013 packaging according to the spec sheets, so nothing that was important to me got inadvertently dropped in the new order. Before the 20th, the GM was going to have to place calls to get pricing and the new order in for me, and check on the wide view side monitor availability. I mentioned AFS to them, but told them it wasn't a deal breaker in the bigger scheme of things, so don't have that on my list of questions they really owe me in the next couple of weeks.

My take is 2012 RX are still the vehicle Lexus is trying to sell and market. Not even the general Lexus website has reference to the 2013 RX yet, other than in the scant Lexus announcement materials that one has to go off looking for on their corporate pages, or the couple of blurbs in Facebook, etc from the Geneva Auto show. There is more info out there from Autoblog, etc than there is official marketing literature at this stage. I'm sure that will all change in the next month or so as 2013 RX manufacturing begins. As detailed as I am, timing and lack of specifics has been a real challenge for me on this MY switchover and my special order process that started Nov 9. Fortunately my dealer has been really great to work with. I repeat to myself "patience is a virtue" multiple times every day, especially when I see my new mudflaps, all-weather mats, and rear seat canine protector sitting in my garage waiting to be installed.

Last edited by BertL; 03-15-12 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 03-15-12, 11:27 AM
BertL

I should add a bit more detail in case it's helpful. My perception talking to two dealers here in Northern San Diego County is that "all" 2012 RXs (350 & 450h) they get come with the Premium Package -- various color combos. Most (but not all) have Nav and/or the Comfort Package. Nearly none come with the Luxury Package (which implies LED headlights per previous posts), Mark Levinson, HUD, PCS unless special ordered -- there are some with various combos of those options, but not many. ...to the degree, that my dealership I think is actually happy to have my "old" 2012 RX show up in a few days, as it will be a quick sell one way or the other to someone else, while I wait to take delivery of my new 2013. They were more concerned that I was OK waiting another 3 months or so to take delivery after all the time that has already passed.

You're probably aware, but dealers have visibility to all US inventory I believe as soon as units hit the ship on their way to the US. If they are not "pre-sold" per se, they can be diverted to where the customer is. In other words, just because a car does not have the options you're looking for at one dealer, and you want to stick with that dealer, they can see if any match what you are looking for in the US and have them trucked to them. If there are no matches, then you go the special order route.

Good luck on your pursuit!
Old 03-15-12, 11:38 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

BertL, you really do have patience. Makes my four month wait seem like nothing, LOL.

I special ordered my 450h because I had a list of packages and options I wanted to get including the LED headlights. They were a standalone option since I didn't select the luxury package. I'll probably head to the NY Auto Show next month with the hope Lexus has the '13 RX there like they did in Kansas City last week.
Old 03-15-12, 01:35 PM
InRBigness
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

MIne came with the Ultra Premium 2 package here in Canada. Although I ordered from the factory, it is the package with everything included. My LED's have AFS so I dont see that changing in the 2013 model and I am more than happy with the light the LED's put out. I have only seen those lights on one other RX in town as most people dont get the Prumium 2 package here.
Old 03-15-12, 03:20 PM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

Most of the 450h on my dealer lot are equipped with LED with the MSRP of around $58k. last time I check they have 4 in stock.

The LED on the 450h makes the car unique and sexier.
Old 03-15-12, 05:00 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Funny, I have yet to see another 450h with LEDs. When I asked my dealer if anyone else had them, they could only think of one other person. They're so sexy and IMO make the RX a little less cross-eyed looking when on, LOL.
Old 03-16-12, 05:42 AM
billy44bo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Because of the luxury package I was forced to order the car with LED lights and not the HIDs also had to get a AWD ,but it is what it is and yes I had to order the car no dealer in the Southeast would have ordered this car with the hope that they could sale it off their lot
Old 03-16-12, 08:18 PM
wyau01
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kitlz
Funny, I have yet to see another 450h with LEDs. When I asked my dealer if anyone else had them, they could only think of one other person. They're so sexy and IMO make the RX a little less cross-eyed looking when on, LOL.
Maybe your dealer is talking about me. I'm that other person with LED headlights.
Old 03-16-12, 08:22 PM
wyau01
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by billy44bo
Because of the luxury package I was forced to order the car with LED lights and not the HIDs also had to get a AWD ,but it is what it is and yes I had to order the car no dealer in the Southeast would have ordered this car with the hope that they could sale it off their lot
When I ordered my car with luxury package, they asked me if I would stay with HID or paid extra $750 for LED.
I told them, must have LED.
Old 03-16-12, 08:34 PM
billy44bo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lexus would not take the order for the car with HID. With all the other things that we order on this car they were only going to make it for us with the LED's. The MSRP was just over 63k for the car.

Quick Reply: 450h with LED lights