Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GS Models > GS - Third Generation > Hybrid Technology
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

GS 450h Performance increase!!!! Help Help!!!

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-21-12, 11:47 PM   #1
Simonl
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Western
Posts: 3
Exclamation GS 450h Performance increase!!!! Help Help!!!

Hi All,
I need your help!!!!! I have a GS 450h, 2009... I have been looking for performance products for it, GO FASTER BITS and I have not had any luck Can someone please help me out???

Thanks a ton!
Simon
slourensz@yahoo.com
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!

Last edited by Simonl; 02-21-12 at 11:50 PM.. Reason: just to add more infomation
Simonl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-12, 05:57 AM   #2
neurocity
Scotchy, Scotch, Scotch
Trader Score: (17)
 
neurocity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 8,515
69
Default

Hey, welcome.

First off, don't bother thinking you can mod this thing much more than bolt-ons to the engine.
I've gone into as far as contacting Aisin, in regards to the hybrid drive.

Intake, exhaust, brakes, suspension is about it. The ECUs are locked down, and even a throttle controller wont work.

Know this. You are not really driving your car. When you hit the gas. You are basically putting a algorithm into the computer and then the car reacts. Put your car in neutral and punch it. The motor might kick on to charge the battery. Might not. But its not going to rev, you don't even know what redline is on that car

This is pretty much what you're dealing with.
Click the image to open in full size.
__________________
(Some sort of Sports Sedan coming...) 2009 Acura TL-SH Tech
2007 GS450 Mercury ML. 2002 GS300 Sport Design 1997 SC300 5spd Black on Black.1997 SC300 Black on 2Tone


neurocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-12, 06:51 AM   #3
Simonl
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Western
Posts: 3
Default

Hey,
Thank you.... Ok, then what can I do to the engine? Can you let me know the manufactures of parts?
Thank you ...
Simon
Simonl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-12, 07:12 AM   #4
neurocity
Scotchy, Scotch, Scotch
Trader Score: (17)
 
neurocity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 8,515
69
Default

Look at the 3GS DYI sticky. top of the main 3rd gen page.

There is also a search feature (Big Red Button) at the top of the page.
As far as what you can and cant do... you'll just have to read here.
__________________
(Some sort of Sports Sedan coming...) 2009 Acura TL-SH Tech
2007 GS450 Mercury ML. 2002 GS300 Sport Design 1997 SC300 5spd Black on Black.1997 SC300 Black on 2Tone


neurocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-12, 09:44 AM   #5
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: So Cal
Posts: 6,262
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonl View Post
Hi All,
I need your help!!!!! I have a GS 450h, 2009... I have been looking for performance products for it, GO FASTER BITS and I have not had any luck Can someone please help me out???

Thanks a ton!
Simon
slourensz@yahoo.com
1st of all, you bought the wrong car if you are looking for performance. But if it is what you want, swap in the LS9 V8 from the Corvette ZR1, remove factory supercharger and bolt on twin turbos for 1200 hp.

Call Hennessey Performance, they can do that swap into any car

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/

Other then that, your other option is trade in your 450h for a new M5 or E63 then reflash the ECU. Instant 600+ hp.

Last edited by BNR34; 02-22-12 at 09:49 AM..
BNR34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-12, 09:48 AM   #6
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: So Cal
Posts: 6,262
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neurocity View Post
Hey, welcome.

First off, don't bother thinking you can mod this thing much more than bolt-ons to the engine.
I've gone into as far as contacting Aisin, in regards to the hybrid drive.

Intake, exhaust, brakes, suspension is about it. The ECUs are locked down, and even a throttle controller wont work.

Know this. You are not really driving your car. When you hit the gas. You are basically putting a algorithm into the computer and then the car reacts. Put your car in neutral and punch it. The motor might kick on to charge the battery. Might not. But its not going to rev, you don't even know what redline is on that car

This is pretty much what you're dealing with.
Click the image to open in full size.
Anything is possible, rip it all out and put in whatever your heart desire
BNR34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-12, 10:40 AM   #7
neurocity
Scotchy, Scotch, Scotch
Trader Score: (17)
 
neurocity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 8,515
69
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNR34 View Post
1st of all, you bought the wrong car if......

Other then that, your other option is trade in your 450h for a new M5 or E63 then reflash the ECU. Instant 600+ hp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNR34 View Post
Anything is possible, rip it all out and put in whatever your heart desire
He's a new guy. He, like MANY other GSh owners never knew what the car really was about until owning it.

Swap a LS9?
Trade it for a M5 or E63?

Click the image to open in full size.
__________________
(Some sort of Sports Sedan coming...) 2009 Acura TL-SH Tech
2007 GS450 Mercury ML. 2002 GS300 Sport Design 1997 SC300 5spd Black on Black.1997 SC300 Black on 2Tone


neurocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-12, 10:58 AM   #8
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: So Cal
Posts: 6,262
Default

^^^^^^lollllllllll
BNR34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-12, 06:07 PM   #9
adamz28
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NorCal East Bay
Posts: 50
Default

APEXi has a throttle controller for the GS450h. It won't add power but it should make your car more responsive. I don't believe anyone on here has tried this yet.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/hybr...or-gs450h.html
__________________
2009 GSh Mercury Metallic Silver - 3M Clear Bra, Vaistech, XM, Blend Mount w/ Hard Wired 9500, NAV Screen Protector, Lloyd Rubber Mats, Rear Spoiler, AP2 Tips, SAGE 25mm RCA's, Hubcentric Spacers & K&N
adamz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-12, 06:53 PM   #10
Stormforge
executive matchup
Trader Score: (0)
 
Stormforge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BC
Posts: 5,775
Send a message via MSN to Stormforge
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamz28 View Post
APEXi has a throttle controller for the GS450h. It won't add power but it should make your car more responsive. I don't believe anyone on here has tried this yet.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/hybr...or-gs450h.html
i'm getting confused about this whole throttle controller thingy. on the one hand, apexi has an application for it and they say it should work. but when blitz/tom's throttle controller came out a couple of years ago, i was told that it won't work with GSh (see post #55 & #56 in the link below):

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/club...and-is350.html

so what makes apexi work with GS450h when blitz/tom's don't?
__________________

2008 Lexus GS 450h - Obsidian/Black (fully loaded Cdn version) - For GSh mod list, click here

2010 Lexus RX 450h - Aurora White Pearl/Black - Package C (Ultra Premium Package)

JDM fog light junkie
Stormforge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-12, 06:57 PM   #11
adamz28
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NorCal East Bay
Posts: 50
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormforge View Post
i'm getting confused about this whole throttle controller thingy. on the one hand, apexi has an application for it and they say it should work. but when blitz/tom's throttle controller came out a couple of years ago, i was told that it won't work with GSh (see post #55 & #56 in the link below):

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/club...and-is350.html

so what makes apexi work with GS450h when blitz/tom's don't?
It would be great if we could get an answer on this.
__________________
2009 GSh Mercury Metallic Silver - 3M Clear Bra, Vaistech, XM, Blend Mount w/ Hard Wired 9500, NAV Screen Protector, Lloyd Rubber Mats, Rear Spoiler, AP2 Tips, SAGE 25mm RCA's, Hubcentric Spacers & K&N
adamz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-12, 07:19 PM   #12
Stormforge
executive matchup
Trader Score: (0)
 
Stormforge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BC
Posts: 5,775
Send a message via MSN to Stormforge
Default

and to answer simonl's question, i believe tom's hyper compressor is available for the GSh. if it's not available, they wouldn't show it at all. if someone wants to buy it badly enough, tom's will build it for you. it's all about "show me the money".

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/hybr...or-gs450h.html

on the flipside, you can always add nos. if you are going full throttle, the engine will run and nos should work.
__________________

2008 Lexus GS 450h - Obsidian/Black (fully loaded Cdn version) - For GSh mod list, click here

2010 Lexus RX 450h - Aurora White Pearl/Black - Package C (Ultra Premium Package)

JDM fog light junkie
Stormforge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-12, 07:22 PM   #13
Stormforge
executive matchup
Trader Score: (0)
 
Stormforge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BC
Posts: 5,775
Send a message via MSN to Stormforge
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neurocity View Post
I've gone into as far as contacting Aisin, in regards to the hybrid drive.
for those of you who don't know what neurocity is talking about when he says aisin, see link below:

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/hybr...nsmission.html
__________________

2008 Lexus GS 450h - Obsidian/Black (fully loaded Cdn version) - For GSh mod list, click here

2010 Lexus RX 450h - Aurora White Pearl/Black - Package C (Ultra Premium Package)

JDM fog light junkie
Stormforge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-12, 07:39 PM   #14
neurocity
Scotchy, Scotch, Scotch
Trader Score: (17)
 
neurocity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 8,515
69
Default

Trust that I am still on a quest to amp the hybrid drive.

If anyone wrecks or totals or knows where a totaled hybrid drive and battery is... I would be all over it. I know there is more power in that drive line. I know that Toyota cut back on what that trans will throw down. I know that with a code re-write you could improve percentage of power on take-off. Improve throttle response.

LEXUS, you hear me!
__________________
(Some sort of Sports Sedan coming...) 2009 Acura TL-SH Tech
2007 GS450 Mercury ML. 2002 GS300 Sport Design 1997 SC300 5spd Black on Black.1997 SC300 Black on 2Tone


neurocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-12, 07:51 PM   #15
Stormforge
executive matchup
Trader Score: (0)
 
Stormforge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BC
Posts: 5,775
Send a message via MSN to Stormforge
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neurocity View Post
Trust that I am still on a quest to amp the hybrid drive.

If anyone wrecks or totals or knows where a totaled hybrid drive and battery is... I would be all over it. I know there is more power in that drive line. I know that Toyota cut back on what that trans will throw down. I know that with a code re-write you could improve percentage of power on take-off. Improve throttle response.

LEXUS, you hear me!
if you start modding your GSh, let me know pronto! i've been looking hi and lo for hybrid performance modifications. maybe both of us need to ante up and hire a lexus engineer to do some hybrid tuning on the side for us?
__________________

2008 Lexus GS 450h - Obsidian/Black (fully loaded Cdn version) - For GSh mod list, click here

2010 Lexus RX 450h - Aurora White Pearl/Black - Package C (Ultra Premium Package)

JDM fog light junkie
Stormforge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-12, 07:51 PM
 
Reply
 
 
 

Tags
2008, 450h, car, efficency, exhaust, gs, gs450, gs450h, mats, modifications, performance, powered, prestigious, prince, society, vbulletin

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:08 PM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | JOBS


Get all contact info

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2