Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the GS450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the GS450H. Please use the main 4GS forum for discussion about shared components with other fourth generation GS models.

NOT waiting for the 2013 GS 450h anymore

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-11, 06:34 PM
MDlexus
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Angry

I've had several Lexus vehicles since 1998 when I leased my GS 400. I'm sad to say, from seeing the new specs for the GS 450h, I may be jumping ship. My 2008 GS 450h was returned less than 2 weeks ago..Even though I am Lexus through and through, I may have to test drive the M35h. If I can save a significant amount of money on a lease, such as Modeler has done, I might just give them a try. Or I may just save even more $$$ and get the CT200h. Just my .02 ... I was just expecting more....
Old 09-12-11, 11:50 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 185 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by MDlexus
I've had several Lexus vehicles since 1998 when I leased my GS 400. I'm sad to say, from seeing the new specs for the GS 450h, I may be jumping ship. My 2008 GS 450h was returned less than 2 weeks ago..Even though I am Lexus through and through, I may have to test drive the M35h. If I can save a significant amount of money on a lease, such as Modeler has done, I might just give them a try. Or I may just save even more $$$ and get the CT200h. Just my .02 ... I was just expecting more....
if you are looking purely from a number point of view, leasing a lexus hardly makes sense. you can almost always lease infiniti for less, or lease a more expensive mb or bmw for about the same amount (and for bmw you don't even have to pay for maintenance).

this is not a ding on lexus at all, i am just stating how their philosophy is. lexus has always been more about selling their cars. other companies they care more about leasing and the "number"
Old 09-18-11, 06:59 PM
Modeler
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
Congrats on the car but had you waited a few more days you would have known all you needed about the GS450h to make a decision.
Well, looks like if I waited a few more days I would have been even more disappointed than I was when only a few details were available. Not only did the NiMh batteries and the rest of the power-train carry over largely unchanged, they have tuned the power-train towards higher MPG by reducing the power. Now the 0-60 mph time is 5.6 vs previous 5.2 seconds. A move in the entirely wrong direction as far as I'm concerned. If I was still considering GS 450h, no way would I go for the 2013 model after learning this.
Old 09-18-11, 07:20 PM
2gs4u8
Driver School Candidate

lexus GS!! all the wAY!!!!!!!!!!!! =]]]
Old 09-18-11, 07:32 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by G Star
I'm not impressed with Infiniti build quality, that being said you did get a good lease deal but if you just held off a few more days, you would've known more more in detail about the new GS450h.

Besides, driving a Lexus is just on another level than driving Infiniti.
I've had 3 Infiniti's and 4 Lexus. Build quality between the 2 brands is so close non-enthusiasts probably couldn't tell. For us so-called experts, it's still so close it matters little. Biggest differences, Infiniti's are better drivers cars and have cheaper paint quality. They scratch very easily.

Of course everyone is entitled to their beliefs.
Old 09-19-11, 06:00 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Congrats on the Infiniti. The M35H has a conventional tranny right? If so good move by Infiniti. The M35 cars sit too high for my tastes and needs lowering springs badly. I love the G37S coupe and the EX35 ute. Good luck with this car.
Old 09-21-11, 07:06 PM
JDMToyotas
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LIMS407
congrats on the new car,,personally dont care for M's. like the G's tho. in the process of selling my GS350 right now and looking everywhere for my next car. pretty sure GS will update their engines by second year but i gotta get rid of my car before new one comes out in feb.
Agreed. Never really cared about the M either. The G series was always what I liked about Infiniti

Even tho I like the G series... Still would take the IS series

As far as looks.. People like different things. But IMO the new M looks ugly and good at the same time. IMO the previous model looks better, better shaped and smaller/neat. The new one looks huge and bloated and IMO the new GS350 looks much better then the M, more stlyish and eye catching.
Old 09-22-11, 07:27 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on your purchase either way. I hope you enjoy your new Infiniti M (as it feels like a great car in its own right)
Old 09-22-11, 08:04 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

modeler, congrats on your new car. we're gonna miss you at the GSh forum.
Old 04-15-12, 09:33 AM
zmisst
Rookie

Default m35h and clean fuel plates in VA

Originally Posted by Modeler
But the promise of HOV exemption and V8 power with V6 mileage won over at the time. Now, I finally can select M and not sacrifice the HOV exemption or mileage.
Seems that VA took the M35h off the clean fuel plate list.

http://www.dmv.state.va.us/webdoc/ci...pecialfuel.asp
Old 04-16-12, 03:50 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Modeler
I was kind of excited about the 2013 GS 450h for awhile, though my excitement has been dampened by the news that it will likely have a largely similar power plant as my 2007 GS 450h.

Well, I'm waiting no more. I leased a 2012 Infiniti M35h last weekend. This car is very similar to the GS 450h in terms of power, features, fuel economy, etc. One huge difference is price. On the surface, when you look at MSRPs, the M seems to be just a bit cheaper than the Lexus, but the real differences will blow your mind.

My zero-down lease for 36 months and 12K miles a year for the M35h with Premium package (navigation and upgraded stereo) is $553 a month. For those of you who have leased, would know immediately that this is $300 - $400 less than a comparable GS 450h lease is going to be. There are two reasons for that:

1. Purchase price for my $59K MSRP M35h was $52,800 - $1,500 under invoice. Quite shocking for a car that's been out for only two months. Nevertheless, the price is real and available to anyone through Zag.com. Just enter zipcode 22102 and it will come up. The dealer is the Infiniti of Tysons Corner.

Similarly configured 2011 GS 450h best price I've seen is $60K. I expect the actual prices for the 2013 model to be higher because it will not be discounted as much.

2. Infiniti is now using inflated subsidized residuals similar to BMW's. My residual is 61% whereas 2011 GS residuals are in the 53-55% range.

I also took advantage of the multiple security deposit feature to reduce my money factor by 60%.

So if you are waiting for the new GS hybrid, you may want to give the M hybrid a close look.
It's been 6 months with the M. How do you feel about it now?

I went to look at the G37 but spent some time with an M. I certainly think it looks better than the new 4GS. I thought the interior was nice enough. Ant regrets or buyer remorse?
Old 05-11-12, 01:28 PM
LuciaLexus
Driver School Candidate

Wink May look at Infiniti

Noticed u have RX too?? I am looking to go with Infiniti too and saw your posts.
Do you love the Infiniti? Hot or not?
Old 05-11-12, 01:30 PM
LuciaLexus
Driver School Candidate

New to this site and still getting familiar. My post above is to MDLex.
Old 05-14-12, 08:48 PM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
It's been 6 months with the M. How do you feel about it now?

I went to look at the G37 but spent some time with an M. I certainly think it looks better than the new 4GS. I thought the interior was nice enough. Ant regrets or buyer remorse?

Well, according to MotorTrend, he probably made a mistake. M35h ranked last in the comparo :

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...namera_hybrid/
Old 05-14-12, 09:16 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 185 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by natnut
Well, according to MotorTrend, he probably made a mistake. M35h ranked last in the comparo :

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...namera_hybrid/
that sounds like a bold statement, everyone has their preference and Modeler might be enjoying the car for different reasons.

otherwise according to your way, with the comparo same motortrend put up, lfa is a very expensive mistake (which i don't agree)

Quick Reply: NOT waiting for the 2013 GS 450h anymore