Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX450H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation RX models.

Measurement Request for RX450h FWD Owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-11, 05:53 PM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Measurement Request for RX450h FWD Owners

I noticed the the FWD version is supposedly lower than the AWD version for the hybrid RX only. I wondered if my wife could get into one without a step by sitting back onto the passenger seat. (I help her stand and pivot from a wheelchair.) Could a few of you please take the following measurement with a tape measure:

- Open front passenger door and move the seat to the lowest, most rearward position.

- Pretend you're going to sit backwards into the car onto the seat and figure out where you'd hit the seat to avoid the door frame and seatback side bolster.

- Measure straight up from the pavement next to the door sill and pinch the tape measure at 18".

- Bend the tape measure from that point to the edge of the seat in the center of where you'd sit back onto it.

I'm guessing that distance is about 32" - which is still likely 2" too tall for her. (We have no FWD 450h's for sale in the state to measure as Lexus doesn't sell them in the midwest.) I'd appreciate if 2-3 folks could post the measurement to compensate for unlevel driveways, etc. Thanks!
Old 05-29-11, 02:31 PM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by caddyowner
I noticed the the FWD version is supposedly lower than the AWD version for the hybrid RX only. I wondered if my wife could get into one without a step by sitting back onto the passenger seat. (I help her stand and pivot from a wheelchair.) Could a few of you please take the following measurement with a tape measure:

- Open front passenger door and move the seat to the lowest, most rearward position.

- Pretend you're going to sit backwards into the car onto the seat and figure out where you'd hit the seat to avoid the door frame and seatback side bolster.

- Measure straight up from the pavement next to the door sill and pinch the tape measure at 18".

- Bend the tape measure from that point to the edge of the seat in the center of where you'd sit back onto it.

I'm guessing that distance is about 32" - which is still likely 2" too tall for her. (We have no FWD 450h's for sale in the state to measure as Lexus doesn't sell them in the midwest.) I'd appreciate if 2-3 folks could post the measurement to compensate for unlevel driveways, etc. Thanks!
It doesn't mean a thing unless she tries it on personally. I wouldn't buy a car based on a strangers measurements.

I suggest you take her to a dealership, try it on and test drive it.
Old 05-29-11, 03:20 PM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Cruiter
It doesn't mean a thing unless she tries it on personally. I wouldn't buy a car based on a strangers measurements.

I suggest you take her to a dealership, try it on and test drive it.
Yeah, I know, but I've been dealing with the measurements for 15 years and the nearest FWD hybrid is about 500 miles away. I'm not buying anything right away.
Old 08-11-11, 07:50 AM
currybob
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would try and help you if I could understand what your asking for?