Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the GS450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the GS450H. Please use the main 3GS forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation GS models.

Complaints

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-11, 05:28 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts
Default Complaints

I'm seeing less complaints about the GSh as opposed to the other GS's which are having problems. Is the GSh just a well built car that Lexus took its time or has there been problems that people just haven't spoken of.
Old 02-04-11, 10:43 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

maybe coz' less people with 450h here? besides the drivetrain, it's just the same car
Old 02-05-11, 03:39 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

i recall reading somewhere that the hybrids are built at a special manufacturing plant on an assembly line not shared with other lexus models? don't remember if this is true or not, but maybe 1sicklex can chime in and confirm this as he would probably know.
Old 02-06-11, 07:24 AM
bigblack06

Originally Posted by Stormforge
i recall reading somewhere that the hybrids are built at a special manufacturing plant on an assembly line not shared with other lexus models? don't remember if this is true or not, but maybe 1sicklex can chime in and confirm this as he would probably know.
Yes please chime in 1sicklex, that would be cool to know, cause my service guy said that there has not been any complaints with the Hybrid vehicles and not many reacalls!
Old 02-07-11, 12:41 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by bigblack06
Yes please chime in 1sicklex, that would be cool to know, cause my service guy said that there has not been any complaints with the Hybrid vehicles and not many reacalls!
a client of mine with gs450h has the same squeaky dash for sure
Old 02-07-11, 11:50 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
a client of mine with gs450h has the same squeaky dash for sure
Yeah these issues are to do with design, not workmanship. GS450h interior is same design as all the other 3GS models.
Old 02-07-11, 12:36 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Also on the recalls, the only recall which has hit 08 cars as far as I know is the ALE recall which affected GS350, 450h and 460. If you take the years in which the hybrid has been in production, I don't think it avoided any recalls.
Old 02-09-11, 06:52 AM
bigblack06

Originally Posted by *Batman*
Also on the recalls, the only recall which has hit 08 cars as far as I know is the ALE recall which affected GS350, 450h and 460. If you take the years in which the hybrid has been in production, I don't think it avoided any recalls.
Actually just found out it's built in the same plant here is the list of where the cars are built!
http://www.lexus.com/about/corporate/manufacturing.html

Last edited by bigblack06; 02-09-11 at 07:03 AM.
Old 02-18-11, 08:17 PM
LexFather

There was an article in an old Lexus mag about it but I can't find it online.

Its my personal belief that there are some Toyota/Lexus vehicles that are just overbuilt and I think the original Lexus hybrids are some of those. While I think we have some of the same issues non-hybrid owners have I am pretty stunned at how this hybrid has held up to my driving.

We have seen no large failure with the vehicle. The transmission seems to be incredible as the hybrid components.

Also since it is a hybrid there is less stress on the engine, alternator, starter, etc etc. For instance your odometer might say 50,000 miles but the engine might have only driven 40,000 miles since it was only running for 40 out of those 50k.

My wife's RX 400h is an 06 and I'm pretty stunned at how well its built and held up. It literally feels new.
Old 02-19-11, 08:42 AM
bigblack06

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
There was an article in an old Lexus mag about it but I can't find it online.

Its my personal belief that there are some Toyota/Lexus vehicles that are just overbuilt and I think the original Lexus hybrids are some of those. While I think we have some of the same issues non-hybrid owners have I am pretty stunned at how this hybrid has held up to my driving.

We have seen no large failure with the vehicle. The transmission seems to be incredible as the hybrid components.

Also since it is a hybrid there is less stress on the engine, alternator, starter, etc etc. For instance your odometer might say 50,000 miles but the engine might have only driven 40,000 miles since it was only running for 40 out of those 50k.

My wife's RX 400h is an 06 and I'm pretty stunned at how well its built and held up. It literally feels new.
Well put, I do agree that the car is built more more refined than the regular GS its just the engine is the same as a 350 so the engine problems are similar, but man this car got ***** I got scared driving up the highway ramp I was used to somewhat flooring my car and the difference is instant power now, wasn't ready.

Something I noticed but if you put the car switch to sport the car actually has a faster response, I didn't know that thought it only dealt with the suspension.
Old 02-19-11, 12:30 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Well put, I do agree that the car is built more more refined than the regular GS its just the engine is the same as a 350 so the engine problems are similar, but man this car got ***** I got scared driving up the highway ramp I was used to somewhat flooring my car and the difference is instant power now, wasn't ready.

Something I noticed but if you put the car switch to sport the car actually has a faster response, I didn't know that thought it only dealt with the suspension.
yeah when you put it in sport it tightens up the suspension, and also the steering becomes heavier and the throttle response improves.
Old 02-19-11, 03:08 PM
bigblack06

yeah when you put it in sport it tightens up the suspension, and also the steering becomes heavier and the throttle response improves.
ok thought something was happening
Old 02-19-11, 04:03 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

But if you want really striking throttle response, like a Jag in dynamic mode, or a BMW M, then you need an aftermarket throttle controller like Passnu has.
Old 02-19-11, 05:27 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

But if you want really striking throttle response, like a Jag in dynamic mode, or a BMW M, then you need an aftermarket throttle controller like Passnu has.
passnu has the blitz or tom's throttle controller i believe...but i've looked into this already, the throttle controller is not compatible with the 450h (probably because we have the CVT tranny)
Old 02-19-11, 07:03 PM
bigblack06

passnu has the blitz or tom's throttle controller i believe...but i've looked into this already, the throttle controller is not compatible with the 450h (probably because we have the CVT tranny)
Ha funny was just gonna ask this question, had that feeling oh well.

Quick Reply: Complaints