Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX450H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation RX models.

Lexus Advisory Board

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-11, 04:52 AM
currybob
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lexus Advisory Board

Anyone else been asked to join this? I was asked and did but was wondering if it was legit. It appears to be a Lexus website and looks real enough, guess I’m just curious if this is a rare thing or not.

Bob
Old 01-18-11, 08:32 AM
chrick
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was invited as well. I did fill out the surveys they sent me when I first bought my 450h so maybe that was a factor.

It appeared to be legit to me.

Chris
Old 01-18-11, 10:33 AM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

it is legit. a lot of auto companies are doing it. MB has one called generation benz. you fill out a bunch of surveys and they ask you for your opinions on certain things so that they can better understand their customers.
Old 01-18-11, 11:25 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

RXSF, have you gotten the invite from Lexus? I haven't. I guess the old timers don't count
Old 01-18-11, 11:30 AM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

nope, I wasnt invited to join the cool kids
Old 01-18-11, 02:02 PM
wa3cuj
Intermediate

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by currybob
Anyone else been asked to join this? I was asked and did but was wondering if it was legit. It appears to be a Lexus website and looks real enough, guess I’m just curious if this is a rare thing or not.

Bob
It is legit. I was asked to join about a month after I purchased my 450h. I have completed about 10 surveys over the last 12-14 months. The surveys are all on line and take anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes to complete.
Old 01-18-11, 02:55 PM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by kitlz
RXSF, have you gotten the invite from Lexus? I haven't. I guess the old timers don't count
Originally Posted by RXSF
nope, I wasnt invited to join the cool kids
Maybe you guys are just TOO opinionated!!

(kidding)

The last survey allowed you one question to ask Lexus. Then they were going to sort, prioritize, combine the questions, answer some and report back. Hasn't happened yet that I know of.
Old 01-18-11, 03:44 PM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I haven't even been sent the survey yet after I purchased in December 2010. I'd love to be part of an Advisory Board, I've done this quite a bit in my profession. It can be a lot of fun.
Old 01-18-11, 04:48 PM
papaalex
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I cant remember how I got invited with the Advisory Board but it all started when I purchased the IS.. Nothing really to tell but they ask like a few questions basing on a scale (eg. 1-worst, 10-best), similar to the surveys you get from the dealership. They talk about different topics mostly Lexus related and ask your opinion about it.
Old 01-18-11, 10:03 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

i never got an invite. maybe they don't want people who like to mod their cars?
Old 01-19-11, 01:08 PM
LexRexBlue
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was invited. Sort of interesting, but I don't know their criteria for distributing invitations.
Old 01-19-11, 06:00 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormforge
i never got an invite. maybe they don't want people who like to mod their cars?
Storm, welcome to the club. I'd think modding would have the opposite effect. Just look at SEMA and the coverage Lexus gave it. Maybe we should come up with our own advisory board so we don't feel slighted
Old 01-19-11, 07:20 PM
JimH2
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Got my 1st Lexus survey today where they ask what is wrong w/ your vehicle, etc. Then you can stay on the list for more surveys later on. I assume some are then asked to be on an advisory board ? I have had my Lexus for 3 months.

https://www.lexusopinion.com/default_redirect.asp
Old 01-27-12, 11:09 PM
TerrySmith
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JimH2
Got my 1st Lexus survey today where they ask what is wrong w/ your vehicle, etc. Then you can stay on the list for more surveys later on. I assume some are then asked to be on an advisory board ? I have had my Lexus for 3 months.

https://www.lexusopinion.com/default_redirect.asp
I was invited a few weeks ago. Since I really like Lexus, I was looking forward to giving feedback and critiques of their cars so maybe some of the stuff I don't like will be fixed on my next Lexus. (If I dislike a product so much that I never intend to buy it, I have no interest in critiquing it.)

So far I've only taken the initial survey that is required to get onto the board. That survey did not seem to have anything to do with cars. It was more about what type of leaders I like or some BS like that. In fact, the first time through, I got exasperated and quit. I then decided it might be worth the aggravation of the initial survey to get in to give real critiques of the cars, so I went through the initial survey again quickly giving the most benign or BS answers allowed.

Since then, I have not seen or been asked to take any more surveys except one about my preferences on taking the surveys on a smart phone vs the computer.

So I'm pretty disappointed in the Lexus Advisory Board so far.

Anyway, if Lexus wants feedback, they need only read Club Lexus.